ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Patriots' Hernandez Questioned By Police in Homicide Probe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273914)

Dayze 06-21-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9766713)
Serious note, charges could be upgraded. If his 2 boys rat him out he is in a world of shit.

They most certainly will when they realize Aaron has the $$$ to hire the best attorneys etc.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...j1iuo1_500.png

The Rick 06-21-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9766737)
I loved the local interview with Patriots fans shopping at the stores next to the stadium, expressing "shock and dismay", and the woman who started yapping about how concerned she is about the situation because her kids like Hernandez and what does she tell them about their "role models". Any time I hear the words "athlete" and "role model", I want to start shooting people in the eyes myself. Any person who looks to an athlete as a role model needs a beating; any person who lets their kids look to an athlete as a role model needs to be sterilized. How the **** does a person's ability to bounce a ball, swing a bat, catch a football, or do anything else athletic translate into making them a good person? From the earliest days of sports (Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, etc.,.) athletes have NEVER been role models. The only role models a kid should have are his parents (assuming they're good parents) and other people who have clearly proven they DESERVE to be role models.

I understand the sentiment and agree with you for the most part. However, you can't say that about all athletes. There are SOME athletes who make great role models. Particularly the ones who excel at their sport more as a result of dedication and hard work instead of simply being able to rely on natural, God given talent.

Take Ray Allen for example. He'll be in the NBA Hall of Fame some day and will forever be remembered for his shooting ability and his clutchness. He himself said that God doesn't care if he can hit a jump shot. His success comes from preparation, dedication, and repetition...all great qualities for a kid to emulate. Hours in the gym, shooting over and over and over again from every spot on the court and at every possible angle. Even practicing unique shots like off balance ones over and over and over again until every situation becomes familiar and natural.

Those types of guys may be rare, but I have no problem with my kids looking up to them as role models.

Amnorix 06-21-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

I loved the local interview with Patriots fans shopping at the stores next to the stadium, expressing "shock and dismay", and the woman who started yapping about how concerned she is about the situation because her kids like Hernandez and what does she tell them about their "role models". Any time I hear the words "athlete" and "role model", I want to start shooting people in the eyes myself. Any person who looks to an athlete as a role model needs a beating; any person who lets their kids look to an athlete as a role model needs to be sterilized. How the **** does a person's ability to bounce a ball, swing a bat, catch a football, or do anything else athletic translate into making them a good person? From the earliest days of sports (Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, etc.,.) athletes have NEVER been role models. The only role models a kid should have are his parents (assuming they're good parents) and other people who have clearly proven they DESERVE to be role models.

The ones I really feel bad for are the fans whose kids have a Hernandez shirt. I don't know if mine do, but I'm going to look and if they do I'm going to trash them, even if only as a life lesson for the boys.

Garcia Bronco 06-21-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9766865)
The ones I really feel bad for are the fans whose kids have a Hernandez shirt. I don't know if mine do, but I'm going to look and if they do I'm going to trash them, even if only as a life lesson for the boys.

Don't trash them until it's over, but put them away where they can't get'em.

Garcia Bronco 06-21-2013 09:05 AM

Supposedly when this guy was a rookie he threatened Welker with a beating for not teaching him how to use the video machine.

scho63 06-21-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9766698)
It's a misdemeanor. People usually pay a fine and go on their way.

You are incorrect for obstruction in a murder :shake:

WhawhaWhat 06-21-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

They are role models for their performance on the field, not behavior off of it.

Mr. Laz 06-21-2013 10:10 AM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
Per @richholl -- our @nflnetwork reporter on the scene -- state police have just entered Aaron Hernandez's house with a warrant.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

aturnis 06-21-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9766886)
Supposedly when this guy was a rookie he threatened Welker with a beating for not teaching him how to use the video machine.

Truth or are you being funny and I just don't get it?

Garcia Bronco 06-21-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9767015)
Truth or are you being funny and I just don't get it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...atened-welker/

DJ's left nut 06-21-2013 10:33 AM

I think I found the statute he could be charged under for Obstruction.

MGLA 268 §§ 13B(1)(c)(iii)-(v)

It takes some digging, but eventually you get to: Anyone who intentionally misleads a law enforcement officer can be imprisoned in the state pen for a period not exceeding 10 years.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...268/Section13B

It's a poorly titled statute, but it's the nearest I can find in the Mass. General Laws to a true Obstruction charge, as you would see under Federal law (like USSG 3c1.1).

So yeah, if prosecutors up there really want to hang Hernandez over this, my first read of the statute says they probably could.

aturnis 06-21-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9767025)
I think I found the statute he could be charged under for Obstruction.

MGLA 268 § 13B

It takes some digging, but eventually you get to: Anyone who intentionally misleads a law enforcement officer can be imprisoned in the state pen for a period not exceeding 10 years.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...268/Section13B

It's a poorly titled statute, but it's the nearest I can find in the Mass. General Laws to a true Obstruction charge, as you would see under Federal law (like USSG 3c1.1).

So yeah, if prosecutors up there really want to hang Hernandez over this, my first read of the statute says they probably could.

They should. Or at least fully intend to unless he cooperates.

Titty Meat 06-21-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9767021)

Funny how none of this was reported before.

Next they'll tell us how Hernadez partied with the Boston Marathon terrorist

Titty Meat 06-21-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9766865)

You should also teach them about the justice system and how people are innocent until proven guilty.

Garcia Bronco 06-21-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9767051)
Funny how none of this was reported before.

Next they'll tell us how Hernadez partied with the Boston Marathon terrorist

I don't think this is something that's a big deal on it's own, but when you add in all the other stuff...it speaks to his character. He was probably just frustrated when he made those comments to Welker.