ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

milkman 02-09-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9390066)
John Elway was a sure thing. Peyton Manning was a sure thing. Ernie Accorsi felt that Eli Manning was a sure thing. Andrew Luck was a sure thing.

Jim Plunket was a sure thing.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9390070)
Jim Plunket was a sure thing.

Well, he did win two Super Bowls.

:p

The Patriots back then were awful. It's crazy that they pushed out Plunkett for Grogan, and I liked Grogan.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

John Elway was a sure thing. Peyton Manning was a sure thing. Ernie Accorsi felt that Eli Manning was a sure thing. Andrew Luck was a sure thing.

Half the league was divided on Manning versus Leaf. That's not a sure thing.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9390091)
Half the league was divided on Manning versus Leaf. That's not a sure thing.

LMAO

Who cares if half the league over-thinks players? There was absolutely no chance that Peyton Manning would bust.

Leaf had scary psych evaluations that Beathard ignored because his ass was on the line.

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Reid might believe Smith/Barkley is a sure thing.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389847)
And Geno has done what? Please remind everyone what his record was last year...you guys are delusional..

You yearn for guys like Tebow and Klein don't you? Let the True Fan out munkey.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9390027)
And for the number one pick...YES!! He should be a sure thing..

Just because a guy doesn't play QB and Kiper has him at 1, doesn't make him a sure thing.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 05:40 PM

Geno IS the BPA IMO, so **** off True fans

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9389919)
Okay. I'll play.

Geno's record was 7-6 his senior year.

He went for:

369/518
4205 yards
71.2% completion
42 TDs
6 Ints
163.9 rating

That's what Geno has done. That's a Heisman level season. That's as good as Luck and Griffin's final seasons. That's ridiculous level stuff. And that's not good enough? Especially when you factor in that the WVU was simply atrocious.

117 out of 124 in scoring defense.
122 out of 124 in passine defense.
38.1 point per game given up.

Geno was playing from behind in nearly every single game, forcing throws to keep his team in games and he still passed for a 71.2%?! That's nuts. The guy played his balls off all season, put up record breaking stats, has all the intangibles and that's not enough for you? You want a tackle who wasn't even the best offensive lineman on his own team rather than what Geno offers? JFC.

Oh, and if a win-loss is so important to you, do you recall what was Elways win-loss records every season he started at Stanford?

eviceration.

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9390027)
And for the number one pick...YES!! He should be a sure thing..

THERE
IS
NO
SUCH
THING
AS
A
SURE
THING
IN
THE
NFL
DRAFT
YOU
DAFT
MONKEY
DIPSHIT

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

errrr, wrong.

elway I can't attest to--I was less than four months old.

manning was such a sure-thing that OVER HALF OF THE NFL GMS WOULD HAVE PICKED RYAN LEAF OVER HIM

eli and andrew luck were both GOOD coming out, but certainly not 'sure things.' as close as you can get, but NOT sure things.

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9390101)
LMAO

Who cares if half the league over-thinks players? There was absolutely no chance that Peyton Manning would bust.

Leaf had scary psych evaluations that Beathard ignored because his ass was on the line.

sure there was a possibility he'd bust.

look, dane, I love you like the grandson I never had... but you're applying HINDSIGHT to your views on these QBs. WITHOUT THE AIDE OF HINDSIGHT, we could NEVER know that peyton manning wouldn't be going to a spot where his coach is a psycho and ****s his development up. shit could have happened. he could've fallen and bumped his head. he could've gotten multiple concussions. hell, he could've gotten AIDS from all the ****ing around he apparently does.

THERE IS NEVER ANYTHING THAT IS 100% UNTIL AFTER THE FACT.

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390192)
errrr, wrong.

elway I can't attest to--I was less than four months old.

manning was such a sure-thing that OVER HALF OF THE NFL GMS WOULD HAVE PICKED RYAN LEAF OVER HIM

eli and andrew luck were both GOOD coming out, but certainly not 'sure things.' as close as you can get, but NOT sure things.

hell, while we're on the topic... ignoring hindsight... was jamarcus russell a 'sure-thing?'

I mean... go look up what mel kiper and ALL OF THE REST OF THE PUNDITS were saying about him. HE WAS THE NEXT JOHN ELWAY.

if that's not a sure thing, I really don't know what is. if you're going to use hindsight, use it evenly-- jamarcus russell was as well-thought of as ANY QB coming out not named luck or manning. where is he right now? good question--he's trying to lose weight so some team won't try him at ****ing left tackle

The Apostle 02-09-2013 05:55 PM

Whomever Todd McShay says we will get, we will get. He is the one that knows what he is talking about. I think he has us penned for Jarvis Jones.

NJChiefsFan 02-09-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390200)
hell, while we're on the topic... ignoring hindsight... was jamarcus russell a 'sure-thing?'

I mean... go look up what mel kiper and ALL OF THE REST OF THE PUNDITS were saying about him. HE WAS THE NEXT JOHN ELWAY.

if that's not a sure thing, I really don't know what is. if you're going to use hindsight, use it evenly-- jamarcus russell was as well-thought of as ANY QB coming out not named luck or manning. where is he right now? good question--he's trying to lose weight so some team won't try him at ****ing left tackle

I agree with everything except Russell. Your premise in general I agree with, just maybe not the example. I never thought Russel would pan out and a decent amount of others felt the same. Then again I was hoping for it since he was going to OAK.