ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263152)

The Franchise 09-05-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8879404)
Its funny how it went from Stanzi saving this franchise to now Quinn... Can these threads get any more absurd... They sure are entertaining to say the least...

For certain people.....it's always been Quinn. BossChief and I have been going back and forth all offseason about who should start.

Reerun_KC 09-05-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 8879486)
I'm not wasting my time trying to convince you. OP says alot of it.

Seeing his over all body of work says alot more also...

O.city 09-05-2012 09:19 AM

Say we eventually draft a 1st round qb, how much time does he get from you guys?

Reerun_KC 09-05-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8879494)
Say we eventually draft a 1st round qb, how much time does he get from you guys?

3 years. Starts immediately. None of this grooming bullshit you hear people throw around..

IF he isnt want you want in year 3, you draft another and start over.

O.city 09-05-2012 09:27 AM

So, by that measure, Quinn never got a fair shot?

Deberg_1990 09-05-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8879494)

Typically at least 3, usually 4 for a top 10 pick. One picked in the back half of the 1st round there are no such garuntees. Teams usually don’t have as much money wrapped up in those guys

FRCDFED 09-05-2012 09:38 AM

I would agree that Quinn never got a fair shot in Cleveland. Plus, look what he had to work with there. The bottom line is that we have seen what Cassel can do and its time to move on.

We have a solid OL, RB, and WR's. It is time to see how successful a QB can be throwing down the field with these offensive weapons. It really doesn't matter whether its Quinn or Stanzi but one of them needs to be given a shot with this team. I would be comfortable with either one.

Chiefnj2 09-05-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8879516)
So, by that measure, Quinn never got a fair shot?

Some would say that. Those that watch the fighting Irish on Saturdays. Others would say he had a shot on several different teams and never even impressed enough to warrant Sunday playing time.

Quinn should have had an edge over Cassel in camp. He had more familiarity with Daboll. He has better mechanics and arm strength. He should have been blowing Cassel away every day in camp in drills. Instead, all we heard was inconsistency.

The Franchise 09-05-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8879544)
Some would say that. Those that watch the fighting Irish on Saturdays. Others would say he had a shot on several different teams and never even impressed enough to warrant Sunday playing time.

Quinn should have had an edge over Cassel in camp. He had more familiarity with Daboll. He has better mechanics and arm strength. He should have been blowing Cassel away every day in camp in drills. Instead, all we heard was inconsistency.

Seriously? Quinn should have the edge in camp?

Yeah.....it's easy to show that edge in camp when you're consistently getting to throw to targets like Newsome and Maneri.

Go back and look at the preseason games. Who completed more of their passes to the receivers? Quinn. All Cassel did was dump off to RBs or 6 yard passes to McCluster.

Mr. Laz 09-05-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8874981)
That's your opinion. I respect that.

EDIT: Just rewatched it. Ball was outside... waist high. Ball lead him to the ground reaching for it to pull it in.

i rewatched it 5/6 times when you posted this with slomo on dvr.

ball was place right were that in-route takes the receiver

Receiver cuts inside and then curls outside around the defender. Hoping the momentum of the defender takes him too far inside.

All Bowe had to do was keep his feet moving instead of leaning for it.

Frosty 09-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8879544)
Some would say that. Those that watch the fighting Irish on Saturdays.

I can't stand Notre Dame (and don't particularly like Quinn) and I don't think he got a fair shot in Cleveland because, you know, I actually paid attention to what was going on in Cleveland from '07-'09.

Chiefnj2 09-05-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8879549)
Seriously? Quinn should have the edge in camp?

Yeah.....it's easy to show that edge in camp when you're consistently getting to throw to targets like Newsome and Maneri.

Go back and look at the preseason games. Who completed more of their passes to the receivers? Quinn. All Cassel did was dump off to RBs or 6 yard passes to McCluster.

Cassel is coming off season ending hand surgery and was completely unfamiliar with Daboll. Quinn had an edge in the sytem and health.

Quinn did complete more passes to WRs. Part of that was by design. Don't tell me for one second the game design of the first two games wasn't to utlize the TEs and to see how Dex did in the slot, and the fourth game was to run the ball. Yes, Cassel played poorly in game 3. Still, all camp reports were that Cassel was by far the best QB in camp. It sucks, but the level of talent at QB just isn't there.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-05-2012 03:32 PM

As the QB position of this club is a joke, well...

Coogs 09-05-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8879262)
That's who I thought it was too.

I deleted the game from DVR, otherwise I'd go back and check. But I was almost sure it was Newsome.

Someone copied the game play by play from ESPN or something....I still don't believe it. I saw Newsome as well...and while it was a poorly thrown ball...the WR made matters much worse by stopping in his route, allowing the DB to step in front of the pass.

The INT was Newsome. I thought you were talking about the slant.

BoneKrusher 09-05-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8874295)
If Brady Quinn is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Shirley you don't believe this?