ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

Bowser 11-23-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Word from the theater showings earlier in November (anybody go?) is that it's really good.

Huh. Didn't even hear about this. Was this a select city only thing, or was it a nation wide one time deal on a certain date and time?

keg in kc 11-23-2007 09:17 PM

Select cities only. It was back on that, ah, 12th, I think. I sent Tim a pm about it because there were showings in Chicago, but I don't know if he went or not.

keg in kc 11-25-2007 12:44 AM

Holy shit that was good.

"Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of Death. They must not follow her."

Bowser 11-25-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Holy shit that was good.

"Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of Death. They must not follow her."

Haven't seen it yet. I set the DVIR, and it recorded a show entitled "Lee Adama commands the Battlestar Pegasus". Just to be sure, did I tape the right one?

keg in kc 11-25-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Haven't seen it yet. I set the DVIR, and it recorded a show entitled "Lee Adama commands the Battlestar Pegasus". Just to be sure, did I tape the right one?

Yes indeed.

Bowser 11-25-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Yes indeed.

Excellent. I was under the impression that Razor had nothing to do with the Galactica crew, and was all about Pegasus escaping Caprica.

007 11-25-2007 05:16 PM

damnit, I missed it thanks to that turd game last night.

Crap, Scifi isn't even having a rebroadcast of it later this week? I looked all the way to January.

Guess it is off to the torrents for me.

Lzen 11-25-2007 05:45 PM

Watched it this morning. It was good. Now I can't wait until March for the new BSG episodes.

Lzen 11-25-2007 05:51 PM

ALERT: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Wife kept asking me what happened to the commander of the Pegasus. I just said that it looks as though she was hardened by the devastating attack by the Cylons. That attack and losing all of those people made her cold. Am I wrong?

BTW, I absolutely loved the throwback reference to the original Cylons. That was so cool. :)

007 11-25-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Watched it this morning. It was good. Now I can't wait until March for the new BSG episodes.

Writers strike. don't hold your breath.

keg in kc 11-25-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Writers strike. don't hold your breath.

The first 10 episodes are already in the can. The question is when the last 10 will air (and scifi was already considering not airing them until 2009). Either way, they're still starting the season in March.

Bowser 11-25-2007 08:16 PM

Excellent show. That was great.

Was there any meaning as to when they set this story in the timeline?

Frazod 11-26-2007 12:12 AM

That ROCKED. Loved the tie-ins, loose-end wrap-ups and explanations. And the old style Cylons and ships were great.

They may be jerking us around delaying the new season forever, but at least they were decent enough to throw us a bone.

Can't wait to pick up the extended DVD version of this next week. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud 11-26-2007 12:48 AM

Is the BSG dvd set worth buying? I've never seen any episodes of this show but I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan and loved the original.

Third Eye 11-26-2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Is the BSG dvd set worth buying? I've never seen any episodes of this show but I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan and loved the original.

I think anyone that posts on this thread is going to tell you yes. I would suggest renting the first 2 discs of season 1 and seeing if you like that. The first disc is the miniseries, which was pretty good. Disc 2 gets into the actual first season. If the first couple episodes don't grab you, then don't bother. IMO, miniseries is good, seasons 1 and 2 are great, season 3 is good, but has some worthless episodes.