ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159157)

Skyy God 03-04-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill parcells
Really..look at Thomas's deal with the Pats..cheap.

I don't quite know what to make of an NFL when G's are signed to bigger contracts that Adalius Thomas.

Frankly, it's a little puzzling what the anti-homers are bitching at with this signing. The suggestions that CP gave him a 7 year, 49M contract are patently riducolus. Brown wasn't going to slip down to 23, and the rest of the draft class at T is mediocre. We couldn't continue to let Green/Huard/Croyle/Whomever get killed from their blindside. Any rookie LT not named Marcus McNeill would likely have given up a ton of sacks.

"With a thin group of tackles in the free agent market -- as well as a mediocre draft class at the position -- the Dolphins could instead look to maintain cohesiveness by bringing back McIntosh, a seven-year pro, to once again compete with L.J. Shelton for the starting job."

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...cd=1&gl=us</a>

bringbackmarty 03-04-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiptap
We have needs all over. But if we are insisting on a running Marty ball type offense then it is the RT that is more important to the running game. If you can run to the LT that is dividends but what you want most is protection for the blind side of a passing focus offense. Additionally you want the QB to be able to fake well ala Deberg and unfortunately Green is not that QB. Finally this is the Dallas approach as well and as such it demands a big center that can take on defensive NT. I loved the game played by the 2003 Chiefs. That line was in decline with the lost of Tait but was still able to run to the Left because of Roaf.

Now the focus is on the defense. This defense needs a real DT presence, now. It is about personnel on that side ascending. Offenses have the advantage. This reign in KC believes that defensive play makes the difference. It is harder to have consistent effect but it makes the difference by this group of coaches.

This isn't a bad signing. It is potentially a good signing if the TE and H-backs don't have to help with pass protection EVERY PLAY. They could be freed up to catch short routes when teams blitz or 7 men in the box on potential running plays and you can audible.

It reflects the philosophy of the coaches. The question is if this personnel can make it work. I'm game.

I think this is an excellent post, and right on the money imo.
We probably wont do anything else on offense between now and the draft, although I wish we would address center, and WR.

FringeNC 03-04-2007 12:17 PM

ESPN sleeper free agents:

"In seven seasons, McIntosh has registered 80 starts and lined up at every position except center. He's got better feet than most people think, and can start at left tackle in a pinch for a team seeking a veteran presence at the position."

Ummm...sounds exactly like Jordan Black to me.

RedThat 03-04-2007 12:18 PM

Not too crazy about this signing at all.

McIntosh sucked with SD. And he was ok with Miami.

He'll have his bad games, and some games he'll be ok. I don't think it is much of an upgrade, but we needed someone I guess?

*The market for tackles was pretty thin this year. Personally, I think we would've been better off looking for one in the draft.

Bowser 03-04-2007 12:20 PM

It's amusing to see how fans are never happy, no matter what happens.

I would love to see how big of a crater in the ground there would have been if we re-signed Black to a six year deal.

The Bad Guy 03-04-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
ESPN sleeper free agents:

"In seven seasons, McIntosh has registered 80 starts and lined up at every position except center. He's got better feet than most people think, and can start at left tackle in a pinch for a team seeking a veteran presence at the position."

So every player who has moved around on the line is Jordan Black?

Did he invent the wheel too?

FringeNC 03-04-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

Versatile, can play LT IN A PINCH. Isn't that Jordan Black, a decent, versatile O-lineman is just isn't quick enough to play LT full-time?

Seriously, isn't that exactly how a scouting report of Jordan Black would read?

RedThat 03-04-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

Yes he did, but it may take him to I-65 :p

milkman 03-04-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
Yes he did, but it may take him to I-65 :p

No, actually he didn't.

If he had, he might have a couple of quicker ones that allow him to play tackle at a higher level than suck.

jiveturkey 03-04-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
*The market for tackles was pretty thin this year. Personally, I think we would've been better off looking for one in the draft.

I take it that you haven't been following the draft.

milkman 03-04-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey
I take it that you haven't been following the draft.

I just think some people have difficulty with the concept of "Reach".

Hootie 03-04-2007 12:34 PM

I want to feel milkman deep inside of me.

FringeNC 03-04-2007 12:35 PM

Does this mean Black is gone? I'd actually like to keep Black, and put him at RG. I guess is depends on anyone offering Black LT money.

milkman 03-04-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
I want to feel milkman deep inside of me.

:spock:

jspchief 03-04-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC

Who do you think our LT should be?