ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

notorious 05-29-2010 03:13 PM

Bump is a ****stick.

notorious 05-29-2010 03:47 PM

What are your favorite quotes from BB?

Jesse "......you don't want a criminal lawyer, you want a CRIMINAL lawyer....."

Jesse "....I just see a cowhouse a few miles away" Walt looks at him "A house, where they live, the cows....."

LMAO

Buck 05-29-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6788403)
What are your favorite quotes from BB?

Jesse "......you don't want a criminal lawyer, you want a CRIMINAL lawyer....."

Jesse "....I just see a cowhouse a few miles away" Walt looks at him "A house, where they live, the cows....."

LMAO

Shit.

I cant really remember any.

My least favorite though.

"I. ****ed. Ted."

notorious 05-29-2010 03:53 PM

Hank "I'll be thinking breath mint everytime we do a stakeout. Jesus, you got breath that could knock a vulture off a shitwagon."

LMAO

Buck 05-30-2010 04:55 AM

Just watched the first two episodes of Mad Men.

I gotta say I liked them, but didn't think much happened in either episode.

Although it took me over a year to watch the 2nd episode of Breaking Bad, so its a start, amirite?

Reaper16 05-30-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6789092)
Just watched the first two episodes of Mad Men.

I gotta say I liked them, but didn't think much happened in either episode.

Although it took me over a year to watch the 2nd episode of Breaking Bad, so its a start, amirite?

urrite

Buck 05-30-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6789121)
urrite

If anything the first two episodes showed us who the main characters are as people, I guess that's what is needed.

Reaper16 05-30-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6789683)
If anything the first two episodes showed us who the main characters are as people, I guess that's what is needed.

Don't expect action from Mad Men. Nothing "exciting" happens, unless you're like me and find great psychological drama to be exciting.

Zebedee DuBois 05-30-2010 09:04 PM

"Never make the same mistake twice" <-That's too subtle for me. What's Gus sayin?

irishjayhawk 05-30-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 6790159)
"Never make the same mistake twice" <-That's too subtle for me. What's Gus sayin?

I think it was Jesse but my first, gut reaction was joining with Skyler who was opposed to his business in the first place, filed for divorce, and then didn't turn the papers in after convincing Walt she did.

I just loved Saul's scene. And Aaron Paul reacting to the news Combo was killed. And Dean Norris telling his wife to get the bed out of his house.

And my favorite part was the shot of Jesse breaking meth over the camera.

Zebedee DuBois 05-30-2010 09:19 PM

I liked the shot from the opening scene, with Jesse's dead girlfriend putting out the cigarette butt in the ashtray of his car. Last week Jesse was looking at that lipsticked butt.

irishjayhawk 05-30-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 6790172)
I liked the shot from the opening scene, with Jesse's dead girlfriend putting out the cigarette butt in the ashtray of his car. Last week Jesse was looking at that lipsticked butt.

BB has, by far and away, the best intro scenes. (Intro scenes being before opening credits)

Zebedee DuBois 05-30-2010 09:23 PM

...and Hank will never stand (poor choice of words) for taking any money from Walt - and I don't think he will just overlook all the bills - he will make it a point to know how and why his care is arranged and how it is paid for - that situation is a burning fuse.

notorious 05-30-2010 09:42 PM

I like the parallel between the Georgia O'Keefe (Sp?) paintings of the doors and the Combo murder. Jesse only had one view on the Combo murder, but after he heard another viewpoint on the murder from his new girlfriend, and then another viewpoint through the kids eyes, it all tied the episode together.

O'Keefe wasn't striving for perfection by painting the same thing over and over again, just drawing different viewpoints of the same thing/occurance.

irishjayhawk 05-30-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6790188)
I like the parallel between the Georgia O'Keefe (Sp?) paintings of the doors and the Combo murder. Jesse only had one view on the Combo murder, but after he heard another viewpoint on the murder from his new girlfriend, and than another viewpoint through the kids eyes, it all tied the episode together.

Wow, totally missed that. Good freaking catch. I must pay attention more.

Quote:

O'Keefe wasn't striving for perfection by painting the same thing over and over again, just drawing different viewpoints of the same thing/occurance.
But also willing to make the same mistake twice, perhaps.