ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Buck 11-10-2009 07:36 PM

I'll be on from 6:30 PST to about 12:00 AM PST (or later). I think this translates into 8:30 CST - 2:00 AM CST

JD10367 11-10-2009 07:49 PM

Left work in my mall at 11:30pm. The line in front of Gamestop went down to the end of the mall. Damn.

007 11-10-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 6252285)
The whole voice/party chat situation with this game is an abomination.

Yeah my son is griping about that as well. I guess they had a lot of problems with people doing party chat while on two different teams.

DBOSHO 11-11-2009 02:40 AM

I like this game, but campers piss me THE **** OFF.

Everyone camps in this game....

Buck 11-11-2009 03:13 AM

well it took a while but my kdr is over 1.00 yay

007 11-11-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6252945)

Watching my son play I noticed how people would hide in corners and just pick you off with headshots. I was surprised how many dead corners IW put in this game.

KCChiefsMan 11-11-2009 04:34 AM

in hardcore, that's all anybody has ever done is camp. It's why I stopped playing that mode

MVChiefFan 11-11-2009 08:46 AM

Ok, I've got a problem. I made it to hardcore team deathmatch and now, for some reason, the name title and badge does not pop up when I kill someone. It does when I get killed but when I drop somebody nothing pops up on my screen. This sucks when you're shooting a guy in a window and don't know if he's dead or not. The running kills info in the lower left of the screen goes too fast to always see if you got the kill. It's really getting annoying. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

WhitiE 11-11-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6252985)
in hardcore, that's all anybody has ever done is camp. It's why I stopped playing that mode

thats because its more "life like" so you dont run out there like a moron you camp and move tactfully from building to building depending on the map.

WhitiE 11-11-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6253130)
Ok, I've got a problem. I made it to hardcore team deathmatch and now, for some reason, the name title and badge does not pop up when I kill someone. It does when I get killed but when I drop somebody nothing pops up on my screen. This sucks when you're shooting a guy in a window and don't know if he's dead or not. The running kills info in the lower left of the screen goes too fast to always see if you got the kill. It's really getting annoying. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

thats the way it is in hardcore. theres no HUD. so you dont see things like that and you also dont know how much ammo you have

TinyEvel 11-11-2009 09:09 AM

Heh, I played SP for about 20 minutes (the opt-out scene is definitely brutal. I cannot believe they went for it with this game OMG!)

The MP it does seem like fewer bullets to kill someone. from the maps I played they seem more chaotic...much more maze-like with open areas and lots of elevation. Much more confusing. THe COD4 maps seemed to have more long runs and flow areas these seem like more of a labrynth.

THere must be people on there who've had the game for a while because there were SICK KDR imbalances. One guy had 48 kills, 6 deaths. THis MP will take a while to get used to for me. Lots of new stuff to figure out, which is good, I think.

MVChiefFan 11-11-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 6253151)
thats the way it is in hardcore. theres no HUD. so you dont see things like that and you also dont know how much ammo you have

I agree with you on you're earlier post on "camping". It's strategy for crying out loud. However, what you're saying here is not the case. I'm a veteran of hardcore on COD4, I know how it works. Also, me and three other friends were playing MW2 hardcore last night and this was working for two of them and not for me and the other dude. I might not be making myself clear on what's happening. You know when you get killed or kill somebody it pops up an "acknowledgement" that you did it and who it was that you either killed or killed you? That's what I'm NOT getting.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6252945)

Give it some time, everyone is still getting used to the maps. I know that instead of me running from the get go to get the spot where the enemy initially come, I'm taking a slower approach because honestly I don't know which direction the enemy is coming from.

Mr. Plow 11-11-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6253167)
The MP it does seem like fewer bullets to kill someone. from the maps I played they seem more chaotic...much more maze-like with open areas and lots of elevation. Much more confusing. THe COD4 maps seemed to have more long runs and flow areas these seem like more of a labrynth.

Exactly - tons of different routes around the maps means no place is really safe.

ChiefsNWildcats 11-11-2009 09:31 AM

I haven't even sniffed the MP part of the game. I like to go through the SP first. So I will be getting crushed after that I am sure with everyone learning the maps now.

The SP missions are intense! That one in the slums of Rio De Janeiro especially. Seemed like I was getting blasted from every direction. And the snowstorm one was alot of fun.

I agree the "opt out" mission is very brutal. Definately hits close to home with the terrorism going on as of late. The end of it though seems to be an important part of the storyline. Guess if you don't get offended easily, you should do that mission.