ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

O.city 04-09-2012 07:21 PM

When we get Craig healthy, this lineup 2-8 is gonna be scary. I just don't know how we are gonna get him in the lineup.

Is he gonna play RF and move Beltran to CF?

Frazod 04-09-2012 09:06 PM

Albert who?

O.city 04-09-2012 09:55 PM

Off to a good start.

Did you guys see Randy Wolfs comments after last night?

Said something along the lines of "I hope that team is peaking right now, cause thats a scary lineup."

whoman69 04-09-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8528426)
When we get Craig healthy, this lineup 2-8 is gonna be scary. I just don't know how we are gonna get him in the lineup.

Is he gonna play RF and move Beltran to CF?

I think they'll have to see how well Craig recovers. I think the plan is to alternate Beltran out of the lineup to give him some rest days. I think we'll see some lineups with both Beltran and Craig in there. Will be interesting to see if Beltran still has the coverage to play center.

BigRedChief 04-10-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8528871)
Albert who?

I have trashed Mo on here as often as anyone but you have to give Mo props for the job he has done.

epitome1170 04-10-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8529559)
I think they'll have to see how well Craig recovers. I think the plan is to alternate Beltran out of the lineup to give him some rest days. I think we'll see some lineups with both Beltran and Craig in there. Will be interesting to see if Beltran still has the coverage to play center.

I am guessing they will try to keep Beltran fresh so they will have Craig switch with him. Craig may also play some 1B and give Berkman a break as well.

As for CF, I would like to see if Shane Robinson can hold up as a utility OF through the year. He can cover some ground.

Swanman 04-10-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 8529683)
I am guessing they will try to keep Beltran fresh so they will have Craig switch with him. Craig may also play some 1B and give Berkman a break as well.

As for CF, I would like to see if Shane Robinson can hold up as a utility OF through the year. He can cover some ground.

They will just move Craig around different positions to give guys rest and get him his ABs. I could see him playing LF, RF, 1B and maybe even CF. Then obviously if there is an injury he will fill in a position more permanently. It's good to have depth like that.

Chief Roundup 04-10-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8528871)
Albert who?

He is starting out this season much like he did last year. Double plays and a whopping .214 average 0 HR, 1 RBI

Frazod 04-10-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8529818)
He is starting out this season much like he did last year. Double plays and a whopping .214 average 0 HR, 1 RBI

We'll never forget you Alfred!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 08:45 AM

Albert's bat has seemingly broken apart in mid air. SCARY!!

DJ's left nut 04-10-2012 09:33 AM

There will be some injuries; there are always injuries.

Craig will get 300 ABs by the time all is said and done, IMO. He'll be our primary PH option and start against every lefty. He'll spell Holliday against the occasional hard-throwing righty (high heat can still tie Matt up pretty good). He'll get Berkman a breather at 1st on a fair occasion as well (especially if Robinson can continue to play center and tread water offensively; Berkman has a pretty pronounced split against lefties as well).

They'll find Craig the ABs. Carpenter, OTOH, may not get as many as I'd like.

BigRedChief 04-10-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8529909)
There will be some injuries; there are always injuries.

Craig will get 300 ABs by the time all is said and done, IMO. He'll be our primary PH option and start against every lefty. He'll spell Holliday against the occasional hard-throwing righty (high heat can still tie Matt up pretty good). He'll get Berkman a breather at 1st on a fair occasion as well (especially if Robinson can continue to play center and tread water offensively; Berkman has a pretty pronounced split against lefties as well).

They'll find Craig the ABs. Carpenter, OTOH, may not get as many as I'd like.

This team is better equipped to deal with injuries than most. Who knows if Carpenter and Robinson can keep up their hot streaks but having a deep bench is a nice problem to have.

BigRedChief 04-10-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8529818)

He will get his. No way he fails to continue to be a great player for at least another 3 years.

O.city 04-10-2012 06:05 PM

Beltran with another homer in the first tonight.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2012 06:06 PM

They had a chance for a huge first, but a Molina double play with em loaded ended that.