ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9038493)
Maybe they jump maybe they don't but it is far from a guarantee they would. Obviously what the opponents do will play into it. It would be impossible for KSU to jump Oregon after this week but they got lucky and don't have to since they did it this past week. Oregon should have kept piling the points on Arizona St.

It's not a maybe. If Oregon wins out they will be ahead of KSU in the BCS. Oregon is already ahead of KSU in the human polls that matter (Harris & Coaches). Where they're behind is in the computers and that will change once Oregon plays USC (twice), Stanford, and Oregon State.

Why should Oregon have kept piling the points? SOS matters in the computers, style points are for human voters and Oregon is still ahead of KSU in the human polls. Do you not know how the BCS works?

Old Dog 10-22-2012 11:43 AM

Dream scenario = Florida losing to Georgia and Florida St and Alabama losing against LSU......KSU and Oregon winning out.
Let the butthurt of the SEC Old Guard commence when no $EC team is playing in the BCS Championship. Meltdown would be epic.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9038435)
Yup. Which is why I don't understand K-State fans talking about the NC game. Whoever wins the SEC CG is going to be in the NC game.....and K-State has no shot at beating whoever comes out of the SEC. None. Zero. The gap in talent level is too big.

Also, Oregon is being left out of this. And if they run the table they will get the nod over K-State more than likely.

If there are three one loss SEC teams and three other undefeateds the SEC could certainly be left out. Oregon may jump they may not. The schedules and overall body of work are fairly equal.

K-state likely doesn't beat Alabama or Florida, but they would certainly be able to handle the LSU "offense" and win that in a close game.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9038537)
If there are three one loss SEC teams and three other undefeateds the SEC could certainly be left out. Oregon may jump they may not. The schedules and overall body of work are fairly equal.

K-state likely doesn't beat Alabama or Florida, but they would certainly be able to handle the LSU "offense" and win that in a close game.

Again, wrong. I don't think you have any understanding of how the BCS selection process and rankings work.

vailpass 10-22-2012 11:56 AM

Wow. You beat a middle-of-the-road West Virginia team and think you compare to the premier SEC teams?

'Bama has 3rd stringers that start for K-State, and for a lot of other schools.

Not. Even. Close.

The Franchise 10-22-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9038582)
Wow. You beat a middle-of-the-road West Virginia team and think you compare to the premier SEC teams?

Not. Even. Close.

This.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9038592)
This.

You've got no dog in this fight after this Saturday, t-shirt domer.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9038592)
This.

I hope it's not representative of the entire fanbase, but I saw a K-State alum. friend of mine at a convention a few weeks ago and she had the gall to say that the SEC, and Alabama, are way overrated and they've never beaten anyone. LMAO

The Franchise 10-22-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9038601)
You've got no dog in this fight after this Saturday, t-shirt domer.

Have I claimed somewhere that ND is going to be playing for the NC game?

I've already said that I think we lose to Oklahoma next week.

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9038582)

'Bama has 3rd stringers that start for K-State, and for a lot of other schools.

Not. Even. Close.

Your team loses to a shitty Big XII team and think you can interject your opinion in this thread?

NO CHANCE!

Saulbadguy 10-22-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9038603)
I hope it's not representative of the entire fanbase, but I saw a K-State alum. friend of mine at a convention a few weeks ago and she had the gall to say that the SEC, and Alabama, are way overrated and they've never beaten anyone. LMAO

We're going to kick the shit out of any team your dogshit conference sends our way. Write it down.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9038510)
It's not a maybe. If Oregon wins out they will be ahead of KSU in the BCS. Oregon is already ahead of KSU in the human polls that matter (Harris & Coaches). Where they're behind is in the computers and that will change once Oregon plays USC (twice), Stanford, and Oregon State.

Why should Oregon have kept piling the points? SOS matters in the computers, style points are for human voters and Oregon is still ahead of KSU in the human polls. Do you not know how the BCS works?

Human voters are imperfect. You pile on points to ensure your place. The last thing you want is to let off the gas and have KSU jump them in both polls. There is no reason NOT to pile the points on. K-state gained a lot of ground in the human polls this week. I am sure that if Oregon puts it to ASU the whole game the gap would not have closed much if at all.

Oregon's SOS will catch up but it is still a maybe as to whether they pass KSU or not. They probably will, especially if they get USC twice. But if they get USC twice, they probably don't beat them twice. But in these polls, anyone that has ever paid attention to college football knows that things don't always go as expected.

mr. tegu 10-22-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9038543)
Again, wrong. I don't think you have any understanding of how the BCS selection process and rankings work.

I don't think you have ever paid any attention to imperfectness of what is college football rankings. I think they probably would, but to speak in absolutes about something so fluid is just silly.

DaKCMan AP 10-22-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9038634)
I don't think you have ever paid any attention to imperfectness of what is college football rankings. I think they probably would, but to speak in absolutes about something so fluid is just silly.

It's an absolute. Done deal. No question. If Oregon does not lose they will finish ahead of KSU in the BCS rankings.

Raiderhater 10-22-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9038625)
Human voters are imperfect. You pile on points to ensure your place. The last thing you want is to let off the gas and have KSU jump them in both polls. There is no reason NOT to pile the points on. K-state gained a lot of ground in the human polls this week. I am sure that if Oregon puts it to ASU the whole game the gap would not have closed much if at all.

Oregon's SOS will catch up but it is still a maybe as to whether they pass KSU or not. They probably will, especially if they get USC twice. But if they get USC twice, they probably don't beat them twice. But in these polls, anyone that has ever paid attention to college football knows that things don't always go as expected.

Bingo. Gator fan is not taking into account that the human polls could change based on how the teams look in their victories. Just because Oregon is ahead in the Coaches and Harris polls doesn't mean it is a given they will stay there.