ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Gruden QB Camp Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271460)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-06-2013 06:32 PM

It doesnt improve shit over the long haul. I thought you were a history-saavy fellow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs 04-06-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9561893)
If Albert stays its Geno
If he goes its a OT

Not singling you out, because many others say the same thing. I just don't think the #1 overall pick hinges on the Albert decision/outcome. Dorsey said they will take the guy that "wows" them. I think he will stick to that philosophy... and not sway to a "need" decision.

Now, I just hope Geno is the guy that makes them say "this is the guy".

aturnis 04-06-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9562105)
Even in your best years, NO ONE says to themselves, "hey, lets watch some Jags football"! Well, outside of your fellow tardbase that is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Switch it to the Jags game! They have SWEET girly teal colored jerseys!

Blackmon will be lucky if he's ever the WR Bowe is. Charles is top 3 so...

penbrook 04-06-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9562561)
Not singling you out, because many others say the same thing. I just don't think the #1 overall pick hinges on the Albert decision/outcome. Dorsey said they will take the guy that "wows" them. I think he will stick to that philosophy... and not sway to a "need" decision.

Now, I just hope Geno is the guy that makes them say "this is the guy".

Yes Dorsey did say BPA. Just depends what he valies more a OT or a QB.

After watching Geno with Gruden he wowed me so much I got a hard on.

penbrook 04-06-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9562566)
Switch it to the Jags game! They have SWEET girly teal colored jerseys!

Blackmon will be lucky if he's ever the WR Bowe is. Charles is top 3 so...

Charles also leads the NFL History in YPC.

aturnis 04-06-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9562178)
Geno's rating has nothing to do with Luck or Griffin. They spoke well of Tannehill as well.

And Tannehill was graded as a 2nd round talent. He wasn't a better prospect than Geno.

penbrook 04-06-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9562574)
And Tannehill was graded as a 2nd round talent. He wasn't a better prospect than Geno.

This.

penbrook 04-06-2013 07:14 PM

So who do you guys think Dorsey has labeled as the BPA?

aturnis 04-06-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9562358)
I didn't say anything like that. I'm not even the person who brought Roaf and Munoz into the discussion. Look, I'll consolidate the point I'm making in this thread for you so you don't have to even scroll back a single post to do the slightest bit of investigation.

I said that I can understand why the Chiefs would take a LT with the first pick overall in order to improve their team over the long haul. I would understand it if they think that Joeckel or Fisher is a stud and if they think that the QBs available won't succeed as high quality starters. That doesn't mean they have to think Joeckel is Munoz or that Geno Smith is Akili Smith. It could just mean they think Joeckel is Ryan Clady or Joe Staley and Geno Smith is Tony Banks or Rex Grossman. You might choose Rex Grossman over Ryan Clady, but I think Clady would help the team more in the long run.

Saccapoo introduced Munoz and Roaf to the discussion. I assume he thought he was making a brilliant point, but the number of important games won by those two guys is irrelevant if the alternative option is a guy who the people making the draft pick thinks is going to end up being a stiff. My argument is all about what the person making the pick thinks, not what you or any other die-hard Geno lover thinks is the unassailable truth. If Reid thinks he's choosing between John Tait and Peyton Manning, he'll clearly pick the QB.

So you're saying it's okay to to draft Joeckel #1 overall and will improve the team when we already have a top LT? Joeckel is not better than Albert. Period.

penbrook 04-06-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9562592)
So you're saying it's okay to to draft Joeckel #1 overall and will improve the team when we already have a top LT? Joeckel is not better than Albert. Period.

:clap:

patteeu 04-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9561824)
I'd take Troy Aikman over Brian Jozwiak any day, all day long thank you.

Because that's the same argument you are making.

No, it's not the same argument I'm making. Strike two for you.

aturnis 04-06-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9562616)
No, it's not the same argument I'm making. Strike two for you.

It absolutely is the same argument. He listed HOF tackles, and you listed bust QB's and asked "which would you rather have"?

So he listed a HOF QB and a busted LT and chose the obvious.

Get a clue.

Which would you rather have? Adam Vinatieri or Jamarcus Russel?

patteeu 04-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9562592)

My argument is based on what Reid/Dorsey think, not on what you or I think.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-06-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9562691)
My argument is based on what Reid/Dorsey think, not on what you or I think.

I didn't ban you today. I just wanted you to know that.

patteeu 04-06-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9562632)
It absolutely is the same argument. He listed HOF tackles, and you listed bust QB's and asked "which would you rather have"?

So he listed a HOF QB and a busted LT and chose the obvious.

Get a clue.

Which would you rather have? Adam Vinatieri or Jamarcus Russel?

Geno seems to have a mind numbing effect on his fans. Don't even bother trying to understand the argument. It's clearly beyond you.