ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sounds like Matt Flynn heading to Oakland via trade, and Carson Palmer Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271585)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9538790)
Uh, gee, maybe the quality of their QBs?

So, that says what about the run setting up the pass?

philfree 03-29-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539277)
And it was horrific play calling.

Someone please explain to me why the 49ers didn't spread the field in order to create a running lane for Kaepernick?

And the first half play calling on the 49er's side was just as bad.

It was surprising that they ran he plays they did but Kaepernick was the one in the huddle. He should have took control but he didn't and they lost.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539326)
Sidney Rice, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, Golden Tate, Russell Wilson.

That's a deadly offense.

And their defense is absolutely sick.

Nods......Its going to get ugly for a lot of teams. The 49ers Seahags games should be just absolute physical beat downs......

DaneMcCloud 03-29-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9539351)
It was surprising that they ran he plays they did but Kaepernick was the one in the huddle. He should have took control but he didn't and they lost.

I wouldn't expect a guy that's only started 10 NFL games to override his coach's calls on the final drive of the Super Bowl.

Hootie 03-29-2013 06:37 PM

so now the Cardinals are going to have to figure out Palmer is terrible?

Hootie 03-29-2013 06:37 PM

IMO

the 49ers and Seahawks are the best two teams in the NFL, and by a pretty good margin

amazing how the NFC West transitioned so quickly

Mav 03-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9539351)

He did take charge. the last two plays, were checks at the line of scrimmage, that HE CHECKED TO.......

I do agree that not running the ball at least one time with either him or gore, was beyond stupid, but as much as i blame the coaching, that was kaeps decision on 3rd and 4th.

DaneMcCloud 03-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539364)
IMO

the 49ers and Seahawks are the best two teams in the NFL, and by a pretty good margin

They're led by two of the best college coaches of the past decade, if not THE best two.

philfree 03-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9539304)
it is however a pretty clear sign, that a number of teams are not impressed with this crop of qbs.......

That seems to be the word on the street but do we believe it in regards to Geno Smith? If I were the Raiders and I wanted Geno I think I'd try and make it look otherwise. Same goes for the other teams too.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539364)
IMO

and the rams are getting better and better as well......

With lots of draft picks might i add.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9539373)
That seems to be the word on the street but do we believe it in regards to Geno Smith? If I were the Raiders and I wanted Geno I think I'd try and make it look otherwise. Same goes for the other teams too.

im not sure that trading for another teams back up when you are cash strapped, and that back up has a nice sized salary is the right signals to take......

You are right it could be.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539371)
They're led by two of the best college coaches of the past decade, if not THE best two.

Their front offices have been on it too. Like, ridiculously.....

Hootie 03-29-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9539374)
and the rams are getting better and better as well......

With lots of draft picks might i add.

wake me up when Bradford looks like a real QB

Hootie 03-29-2013 06:41 PM

I mean, I can't say it loud enough either...

Russell Wilson is the new Tom Brady. He is going to be thought of as a once in a generation QB, argued as perhaps the best ever, first ballot hall of famer, multiple Super Bowl winner...

Shit, he's going to make Carrol the new Belichick...which is hilarious considering Belichick won Super Bowl's with the talent Carrol brought in.

DaneMcCloud 03-29-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9539373)

The Raiders are in the same exact position as the Chiefs. Top 3 pick, traded for a QB, no second round pick in 2013.

I'd be shocked if they gave up less than a 4th round pick (and possibly a 3rd for Flynn), so they'll have filled their starting QB position with the trade.

They cannot afford to use the #3 overall pick on another QB and not pick until possibly Day Three of the draft.