ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs down to 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271714)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-03-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9554996)
Your ****ing reeruned.

Not true. I've been checked out by professionals. My parents tried to make the same claim.

penbrook 04-03-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9555006)
Not true. I've been checked out by professionals. My parents tried to make the same claim.

How about we re sign Albert. Frees up 3 mil

hometeam 04-03-2013 08:25 PM

Neither of the three impress me. I like Fisher best of the 3, but drafting an LT when we have a 1st round LT going into his second contract is just ****ing stupid.

God.

Sorter 04-03-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9554990)
We still need a ILB, A third Wide Reciever, and could use some major depth.

Really? I had no idea what the needs were on this roster. Muito obrigado porra for telling me this! Would have been lost without you.

B14ckmon 04-03-2013 10:00 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ed-in-top-five

Quote:

Geno Smith will be a top-five draft pick. There isn't any doubt about it.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go in the top three. Specifically, to Jacksonville second overall.
Quote:

In fact, everything I have heard leads me to believe the real smoke screen is the idea that there has been a rallying behind Gabbert. To the contrary, his sense of entitlement, lack of production/development, attitude, and struggles in the face of the pass rush are just some of the reasons why he might never see the fourth year of his rookie contract in Jacksonville. So the Jags are very much in the hunt for their next quarterback, they won't do any better than Smith in this draft, they're likely to be the first quarterback-needy team with the chance to take him, and passing on him could prove to be a huge mistake.

So I believe the Jags are spending all of this time, energy and resources on him for a reason beyond hoping to drum up interest in the second overall pick. How could a small-market team like this, desperate for an identity and someone for fans to gravitate to, not be interested in the best amateur quarterback in the country? How could they not look at a fellow small market team like the Panthers, with Newton, and not think what if? (And by no means am I saying that Smith will do anything close to what Newton has, but the continued success of athletic rookie quarterbacks is not going unnoticed.)

Mother****erJones 04-03-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9555335)

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Blackmon: If it's on the internet it MUST be true! ROFL

Just Passin' By 04-03-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9554632)
JFC what is Dorsey going to say? "LOL that geno guy sucks Lolz" Its all about making it appear we are interested. We very well could be and that's fine and dandy but reading too much into those comments is just silly

Geno Smith could die in a car accident tomorrow, and penbook would assure you that his death just guaranteed that the Chiefs were going to draft him at #1.

Anyong Bluth 04-04-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9555063)
Neither of the three impress me. I like Fisher best of the 3, but drafting an LT when we have a 1st round LT going into his second contract is just ****ing stupid.

God.

I just pray to God we don't take an OT with the 1st pick. So fūçking stupid!

There's a reason that an offensive tackle has been taken #1 overall only 2 times since 1968. ( I think that's sufficiently far enough back to get a good read on the practice)

Those 2 being Orlando Pace, and Jake Long. Long hasn't been a bust, but just walked and signed with St. Louis, and I'm sure the Dolphins would have taken Matt Ryan every time if they could get a do-over!

Let's be honest here, this draft is heavy in talent at the OT position, and none of the top guys are projected to be game changers at the position. As far as I know, no one grades out as a higher player than what Joe Thomas was projected when being drafted. So, if everyone is comparing last years QBs in measuring up this classes talent like Geno, then isn't it only fair to compare the other positions against recent prospects?

I know I've seen some discussions like that with the OLB and D-lineman, but hardly any criticism of the Oline boys or the fact there is much greater value available in later rounds at that position than probably at least the last decade for a class....

penbrook 04-04-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9555492)

There's a reason that an offensive tackle has been taken #1 overall only 2 times since 1968. ( I think that's sufficiently far enough back to get a good read on the practice)

Those 2 being Orlando Pace, and Jake Long. Long hasn't been a bust, but just walked and signed with St. Louis, and I'm sure the Dolphins would have taken Matt Ryan every time if they could get a do-over!

Let's be honest here, this draft is heavy in talent at the OT position, and none of the top guys are projected to be game changers at the position. As far as I know, no one grades out as a higher player than what Joe Thomas was projected when being drafted. So, if everyone is comparing last years QBs in measuring up this classes talent like Geno, then isn't it only fair to compare the other positions against recent prospects?

I know I've seen some discussions like that with the OLB and D-lineman, but hardly any criticism of the Oline boys or the fact there is much greater value available in later rounds at that position than probably at least the last decade for a class....

Per Jim Corbett

Geno Smith will visit Buffalo Bills next after Wednesday spent with Chip Kelly's Philadelphia Eagles following an extremely good visit with K.C. Chiefs

Mother****erJones 04-04-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9555493)
Per Jim Corbett

Geno Smith will visit Buffalo Bills next after Wednesday spent with Chip Kelly's Philadelphia Eagles following an extremely good visit with K.C. Chiefs

Who is this guy? Hopefully kc isn't making up the visit went well thing, just to try and trade which is likely

Sassy Squatch 04-04-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9555520)
Who is this guy? Hopefully kc isn't making up the visit went well thing, just to try and trade which is likely

That would definitely be one of their objectives.

Rausch 04-04-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9554921)
I really,really want Jordan after watching his highlight video. Dude is quick around the edge. He'll be a probowler

So which OLB takes a seat?

Do we really move Houston or Hali to ILB?...

Chiefs=Champions 04-04-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9555345)
Geno Smith could die in a car accident tomorrow, and penbook would assure you that his death just guaranteed that the Chiefs were going to draft him at #1.

A swing and a miss.

Canofbier 04-04-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9555493)
Per Jim Corbett

Here's the real tweet:

Quote:

Jim Corbett ‏@ByJimCorbett 9h

Geno Smith will visit Buffalo Bills next after Wednesday spent with Chip Kelly's Philadelphia Eagles following good visit with K.C. Chiefs
Just couldn't resist adding a little bit of hyperbole, eh?

LMAO

BigRedChief 04-04-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9555492)

I think God may have other things to be doing than intervening in a NFL's draft pick.

But, I could be off base on this.