ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *KC Royals vs White Sux- July 26, 2013* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274830)

lewdog 07-26-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9837249)
That's alot of sex. Congrats!

ROFL

I only wish.

:(

Mother****erJones 07-26-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9837241)
Like Hamas response in that thread, for what Wong projects as, you have to get more than what Santana can offer.

I also don't think Santana is as good as he's been this year over the life of a potential contract wherever he signs. I dont' think it's a great idea for the Royals to give him a big deal this offseason, TBH.

I don't believe the Cardinals need to add a legit #2 this year to advance deep into October, mainly because I think Miller can be/is already that guy.

If they're going to move Wong, it should be more than a half year rental on a guy like Santana.

Peavy?

DeezNutz 07-26-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9837241)
Like Hamas response in that thread, for what Wong projects as, you have to get more than what Santana can offer.

I also don't think Santana is as good as he's been this year over the life of a potential contract wherever he signs. I dont' think it's a great idea for the Royals to give him a big deal this offseason, TBH.

I don't believe the Cardinals need to add a legit #2 this year to advance deep into October, mainly because I think Miller can be/is already that guy.

If they're going to move Wong, it should be more than a half year rental on a guy like Santana.

He's blocked. Right now, he's a wasted asset. And, truthfully, he doesn't project to all that much: .280/.320/meh.

The problem is that this OK slash is better than anything the Royals have, so let's not act we're talking about an elite prospect. We're not.

And, again, Santana would be throwing to the NL, and he'd offer you a really, really nasty three-man rotation.

DeezNutz 07-26-2013 09:27 PM

You want to talk about overrating prospects, this is a classic example. Granted, if I'm the Cards, I'm trying for another piece. Santana + maybe the likes of an Adams or such. From the Royals perspective, I'm sure as hell not emptying assets for a prospect that profiles about as well as Gio, who clearly ****ed Moore's wife.

Ceej 07-26-2013 09:28 PM

This team needs Jeff Blauser.

O.city 07-26-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9837255)
He's blocked. Right now, he's a wasted asset. And, truthfully, he doesn't project to all that much: .280/.320/meh.

The problem is that this OK slash is better than anything the Royals have, so let's not act we're talking about an elite prospect. We're not.

And, again, Santana would be throwing to the NL, and he'd offer you a really, really nasty three-man rotation.

He is blocked, but because of that, doesn't make him a throwaway option especially with whats developing at 3rd base.

Santana has been really good this year. Really good. But he's also not under contract this year and outside of this year, he's been meh. So lets not act lke we're talking about an elite pitcher, overall either.

Based on the way the Cardinals GM and front office have ran the business the last few years, they aren't exactly keen on letting go of young cost controlled players. SO either way, I dont' think this would ever come to fruition.

O.city 07-26-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9837262)
You want to talk about overrating prospects, this is a classic example. Granted, if I'm the Cards, I'm trying for another piece. Santana + maybe the likes of an Adams or such. From the Royals perspective, I'm sure as hell not emptying assets for a prospect that profiles about as well as Gio, who clearly ****ed Moore's wife.

I'm sure most Cards fans overrate prospects (Wacha is a prime example).

However, if Wong is such an overrated prospect, why would you be so willing to part with someone viewed by some as a front end starter for a 2nd baseman who you already seem to have?

O.city 07-26-2013 09:37 PM

Deez, I'll also add that Santana's contract is a large part of the reason I'd rather move Wong for Peavy.

So I do admit that plays a large part of it.

Mother****erJones 07-26-2013 09:38 PM

Plus Peavy's pitched in the NL and is familiar with the league's style.

DeezNutz 07-26-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9837286)
I'm sure most Cards fans overrate prospects (Wacha is a prime example).

However, if Wong is such an overrated prospect, why would you be so willing to part with someone viewed by some as a front end starter for a 2nd baseman who you already seem to have?

Pretty simple: Moore, who is a mother****ing idiot, has no confidence in Gio, so this player essentially doesn't exist for the Royals.

The Royals aren't doing shit this year. They might make a run, but the math isn't in their favor, and they're not re-signing Santana. Thus, they need to move this highly marketable piece for something that legitimately helps the club in '14.

And Wong would do this. No, he's not a world-beater, but I think he'd be a viable starter on a contending club.

Mother****erJones 07-26-2013 09:39 PM

Hoping we trade Peavy and Ramirez to STL

Mama Hip Rockets 07-26-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9837243)
I only start game threads when I can watch the game and tomorrow I don't think I can watch.

Don't be selfish, dude. The team needs you.

O.city 07-26-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9837304)
Pretty simple: Moore, who is a mother****ing idiot, has no confidence in Gio, so this player essentially doesn't exist for the Royals.

The Royals aren't doing shit this year. They might make a run, but the math isn't in their favor, and they're not re-signing Santana. Thus, they need to move this highly marketable piece for something that legitimately helps the club in '14.

And Wong would do this. No, he's not a world-beater, but I think he'd be a viable starter on a contending club.

Ok.

I dont' think they move Santana because of what it implies however.

But echoing what I said in another post, the contractual problem with Santana becomes a problem here. I don't know that he can be what he's been this year, for the life or even half the life of the contract he wants. That doesn't really make him that valuable to the Cards with what we potentially have in the organization already in terms of pitching.

Prison Bitch 07-26-2013 09:42 PM

Who gives a shit what STL wants or needs? I don't, and I doubt many Royals fans do either. If they want to pick up a guy who's 8th in the al in era with a 1.08 whip then they'll have to pay up. If not who cares, they go with what they have. You can't fool your way to his numbers this year.

But it's really Santana and a sandwich pick from what I've heard so it ain't "2 months" only. That's false

Mama Hip Rockets 07-26-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9837304)

I love how he plays ten games and they give up on him, while Getz plays shittily in over 300 games with the Royals and continues to start.