ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

gosampel 09-26-2013 09:34 AM

If the D score a few points. Then Off doesn't have to work as hard. but I haven't not seeing this dink and dunk thing yet

Mr. Plow 09-26-2013 09:35 AM

If you guys could shut the **** up about football, we are trying to have a conversation about bisexual women in here.

siberian khatru 09-26-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10020987)
My thoughts, exactly.

+1 (or would that be +2?)

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020998)
If you guys could shut the **** up about football, we are trying to have a conversation about bisexual women in here.

:)

Imon Yourside 09-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020990)
Always smart to defer to the expert...

Beats the hell out of Tyler Palko as a developmental QB.

mike_b_284 09-26-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10020998)

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10020560)
Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0.

Pure ****ing bullshit.

Teams make their own "luck".

It doesn't just happen to them.

Rausch 09-26-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020989)
:) sorry, I've already said too much

It's cool.

I'm a white guy that attended an HBC.

For 10 years (**** you GWB for ending my free ride.)

Studying Literature and Poetry (mostly 19th century European, which I was not fond of *but the Irish - as they always do - find a way to make it a ride.*)

Sadly, I isn't a prof.

I did spend a metric-phuq-ton of time with white gay men, black "down low" men, and mostly women (WINNING!)

So I'm pretty ok with my gay. I'm not so much up with the bi thing.

Not really for or against just ignorant of the whole deal...

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10020994)
I don't think we'll see it before 2016 or 2017. Even without an extension, they're fully invested in Alex Smith.

I also think they'll give Tyler Bray plenty of time, based on what I heard from camp.

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.c...6/sadpanda.png

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020572)
The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

Goddammit, people: The interior of the offensive line is complete and utter ASS. How many play have been run to the right, where Eric Fisher is getting his ass handed to him?

Until this offensive line plays better as a unit, the offense as a whole is going to struggle.

Do any of you guys even watch the games?

vailpass 09-26-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10021008)
It's cool.

I'm a white guy that attended an HBC.

For 10 years (**** you GWB for ending my free ride.)

Studying Literature and Poetry (mostly 19th century European, which I was not fond of *but the Irish - as they always do - find a way to make it a ride.*)

Sadly, I isn't a prof.

I did spend a metric-phuq-ton of time with white gay men, black "down low" men, and mostly women (WINNING!)

So I'm pretty ok with my gay. I'm not so much up with the bi thing.

Not really for or against just ignorant of the whole deal...

Cool. My under grad was a double major in English/Psych. Be who you gotta beLMAO

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020583)
Completely disagree. After we go 10-7 and get face raped in our 1st playoff game we need to trade up and get a solid 3-technique to replace Tyson Jackson (who we'll cut to sign a new FB and TE in free agency...)

Yeah, better to go 2-14 again

ViperVisor 09-26-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020911)
Chicago.

San Diego.

Philly.

All teams with new offensive philosophies, coaches and majority of new OLmen.

Also, all teams scoring 26+ PPG.

No excuses.

No excuses? You mean please no facts and reason?

Chicago
3 D/ST TDs
Grabbed 11 TO

You know the thing that has been mentioned 100 times how it is carrying half the load for the KC offense.

OL is also protecting much better than last year.

San Diego scored 350 points last year.

Their #1 guy Antonio Gates is not hobbled.

OL is also protecting much better than last year.

Philly

They are playing wide-open. They got the physical specimens. McCoy, Jackson, and Vick.
It comes down to how consistent Vick is gonna play and how consent will his health be.

KC
You guys scored 211 points last year.

There is upside to what's been shown this year for sure.
Guys need to play better and getting a TE on the field that isn't bottom of the depth chart will help.

warrior 09-26-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021017)
Goddammit, people: The interior of the offensive line is complete and utter ASS. How many play have been run to the right, where Eric Fisher is getting his ass handed to him?

Until this offensive line plays better as a unit, the offense as a whole is going to struggle.

Do any of you guys even watch the games?

Agreed

cosmo20002 09-26-2013 09:51 AM

Not reading through everything to see if this has been mentioned but this is stupid:

Quote:

The Chiefs are actually 12th in the league in PPG, at 23.7. But if you take away the 14 points the defense is directly responsible for, that number drops to 19 PPG, which would be tied for 23rd - with the Raiders. The Chiefs are relying on the defense to score points, which isn't good. Defensive scoring is random and shouldn't be part of the game plan. They didn't need Tamba Hali's pick-6 to beat the Jaguars, but they did need Eric Berry's against the Eagles.
I don't think you can just take away one team's defense points then re-insert them into the rankings while leaving in everyone else's defense points. How is that relevant?

Yeah the offense is weak, but I hate stupid stats like this.