ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 02-10-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8363763)
All time records? Are players from the 1940s going to suit up for both teams, or are you just talking nonsense again?

Going forward I'm much more concerned with teams that have had success in the top level of college football (the BCS). TCU and West Virginia are examples of this thus making KU's football going forward much more difficult than it has been in the past.

Bambi 02-10-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8364012)
KU can't even beat their rival in a sport that doesn't matter how are they going to beat better football teams?

It's going to be hard.

The 4 teams who left have very little accomplishment and couldn't win in the Big 12.

These teams coming in do.

Weis better be working really hard.

Saul Good 02-10-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8364019)

Well he certainly looks like a guy who isn't afraid to work hard.

Titty Meat 02-10-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

It's going to be hard.

The 4 teams who left have very little accomplishment and couldn't win in the Big 12.

Yeah one of those teams that left had won the Big 12 a few times but I guess that shouldn't mean much when you play easy teams like Kansas.

I don't think any of the teams coming in have ever won a NC either despite playing in easy conferences. Atleast they'll have some familiarity playing cupcake teams like Kansas.

Bambi 02-10-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8364046)
Yeah one of those teams that left had won the Big 12 a few times but I guess that shouldn't mean much when you play easy teams like Kansas.

I don't think any of the teams coming in have ever won a NC either despite playing in easy conferences. Atleast they'll have some familiarity playing cupcake teams like Kansas.

Too bad Nebraska has never recovered as a program since getting slammed by that "easy team" Kansas a few years back.

NU was entertaining back when they were good in all those grainy videos.

Wonder whatever happened.

Spott 02-10-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

It's going to be hard.

Nebraska and CU won the conference 49 times and have 6 national titles. But that's nothing compared to TCU.

Bambi 02-10-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8364062)
Nebraska and CU won the conference 49 times and have 6 national titles. But that's nothing compared to TCU.

That's pretty amazing for a conference that has been in existence for 18 years.

Titty Meat 02-10-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8364060)
Too bad Nebraska has never recovered as a program since getting slammed by that "easy team" Kansas a few years back.

NU was entertaining back when they were good in all those grainy videos.

Wonder whatever happened.

They went to the last 2 Big 12 title games and finished ranked the last 3 years how many did KU make it to in 15 years?

It's pretty sad all KU fans have to look forward to is a sport that doesn't count and they still can't beat their rival.

Spott 02-10-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8364072)
That's pretty amazing for a conference that has been in existence for 18 years.

1997-2011 isn't 18 years. You can choose to ignore it if you want, but this conference has been in existence for over 100 years.

Spott 02-10-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8364077)
They went to the last 2 Big 12 title games and finished ranked the last 3 years how many did KU make it to in 15 years?

It's pretty sad all KU fans have to look forward to is a sport that doesn't count and they still can't beat their rival.

It's even funnier to see someone talking shit about beating Nebraska once, when they routinely beat their team by the same score for close to 40 years in a row.

Bambi 02-10-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8364077)

Keep that "sport that doesn't count" flag a waivin.

Specially now that the college football ratings are dropping and this is setting up to be one of the best March finales we've seen in a while.

They don't had out $11 billion TV contracts for nothin.

SPATCH 02-10-2012 04:53 PM

Serious question. Do people not think that the Big 12-2-2+2 will not eventually go the way of the Big East? As in, geographically illogical and built to fail? I thought it was fairly common knowledge that the Big 12-2-2+2 would not be one of the eventual superconferences. I was confused when ArrowheadMagic was going on about Va Tech leaving leaving the ACC last night.. I thought the ACC was going to be one of the 4 superconferences (ACC, B1G, SEC, Pac 16)

Is this not the prevailing wisdom, anymore? I honestly don't know.

Titty Meat 02-10-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8364102)
It's even funnier to see someone talking shit about beating Nebraska once, when they routinely beat their team by the same score for close to 40 years in a row.

I'd trade all those victories for just an occasional win and an orange bowl every 50 years. It's the cost of doin business!

Bearcat 02-10-2012 04:59 PM

This thread needs a 'B' team joke.

Damn them B teams!

Al Bundy 02-10-2012 05:15 PM

West Virginia as a state is a shithole. I went there a few times for UCF games....