ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink --What is the absolute BEST pizza you recall eating? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260134)

Grim 06-13-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9575484)
Shut up. Olives and pineapple are awesome on pizza.

When I'm drinking I really enjoy a pineapple - anchovy pizza. The pineapple cuts the edge off the saltiness of the anchovies.

ct 06-13-2013 08:20 AM

Pizza Uno, Chicago (deep dish FTMFW)

El Jefe 06-13-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 9748876)
When I'm drinking I really enjoy a pineapple - anchovy pizza. The pineapple cuts the edge off the saltiness of the anchovies.

Nasty

In58men 06-13-2013 08:23 AM

Place in Delano CA called RL's chile verde pizza.

loochy 06-13-2013 08:27 AM

I dunno. I like pretty much any pizza so it's hard to tell.

I just like food. I'm not picky.

AphexPhin 06-13-2013 09:40 AM

surprising the best pizza place was in central Illinois. A place called Monical's Pizza. Really good.

BlackHelicopters 06-13-2013 10:33 AM

Dominos SkyNet Drone Pizza

Chief_For_Life58 06-13-2013 10:34 AM

pizza gonna pizza

R8RFAN 06-13-2013 10:48 AM

Gino's Real New York Pizza, Myrtle Beach SC
Just ate there this week

http://s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...BdRa5mJQ/l.jpg

Frosty 06-13-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9749223)
Gino's Real New York Pizza, Myrtle Beach SC
Just ate there this week

http://s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...BdRa5mJQ/l.jpg

I wouldn't eat there again. It apparently gives you herpes.

rico 06-13-2013 11:50 AM

When I went to college at Loras in Dubuque, IA, I delivered pizzas for this place called Falbo's. Falbo's started out in Madison, WI, and then opened shops in Coralville, IA and Iowa City, IA. One of the delivery drivers for the Iowa City Falbo's, was a student at the University of Iowa and a Dubuque homer. After he attained his degree (in Psychology) he moved back home and started his own Falbo's in Dubuque. I think the deal was that he had to give 10% of his profit to Mr. Falbo in Madison, WI for 5 years.

Falbo's is hands down, the best pizza I have ever tasted in my entire life. It opened my eyes to the point where I became a straight up pizza junkie. I've tried every pizza place in Iowa City. Nothing compared. My annual personal vacation for the past 6 years has been a 4 day trip to Chicago where I attend Lollapalooza. I make it a point to research the Chicago pizza "hot-spots" prior to making the trip and order pizza from a different pizza place I had previously researched, pretty much every day I am there. While I have discovered some AWESOME Chicago pizza over the years, NOTHING has been better than Falbo's. I got married in Vegas a few weeks ago and even researched the pizza "hot spots" there and tried them out. Good pizza, but not as good as Falbo's.

Ironically, like my boss at Falbo's in Dubuque, I was also a Psychology major/Social Work minor. After attaining my BA, I moved back home. While in the process of job-seeking, I inquired Mr. Falbo in Madison, WI if he would be interested in expanding his franchise to Burlington, IA. He was interested and I had the okay from him to go forward with it. However, I was offered a position from a mental health facility at the same time and decided to take that route instead. Getting things rolling in Burlington just seemed financially risky to me...and I would have been under the same contract as my boss in Dubuque for the first 5 years. I was apprehensive as to whether I could make things work or not. So I had the chance to do that, didn't take it, worked in the mental health field for 5 years and gained some great job-experience, but ultimately discovered I made a HUGE financial mistake when I declared Psychology as my major at a private school.

6 years after graduating, I am no longer employed at the mental health facility for I decided to enroll in the nursing program. I am currently a nursing student (UGH). The 5 year mark would have been over by now had I taken the Falbo's route and I can't help, but wonder if things would have worked out.

Falbo's pizza though. It's the best pizza I've ever had. If you are ever in; Madison, WI, Iowa City/Coralville/Dubuque, IA, I would HIGHLY recommend trying it out. You won't be disappointed. I can 100% guarantee that.

rico 06-13-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9749204)
pizza gonna pizza

Did you mean, "pizza gonna be pizza" implying pizza is "gonna be the same no matter where it's from? Haha, dude.... IF so, I am going to have to cordially, but firmly disagree with you. Pizza-making is freaking art.

ptlyon 06-13-2013 11:54 AM

Loras - sweet bro

R8RFAN 06-13-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9749277)
I wouldn't eat there again. It apparently gives you herpes.

I had the Herpes before I ordered that...

ptlyon 06-13-2013 12:12 PM

As long as we are on Iowa pizza...

I haven't had any in the eastern part of the state, but Great Plains in Ames and Zenos in Marshalltown rock.

Here in SUX, Jerry's & El Fredos are my favorite, but Bob Roes, Westside, and Tonys are must haves occasionally too.