ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV ‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261805)

007 05-21-2014 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10642645)
I'll be honest - I really hope the cast from 1st Class is most of this film.

By far the better actors as well as characters.

I was not a fan of singer coming back and after the tone set in 1st Class would have preferred Matthew Vaughn.

I know, I know, but Singer's X-Men have not held up well over time and he absolutely sodomizes the history, characters, and continuity to make his flicks.

I'm in, and only in, because the money/actors/production are 100% behind this...

RT lists both directors as involved in this movie.

Deberg_1990 05-21-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10642645)
I'll be honest - I really hope the cast from 1st Class is most of this film.

By far the better actors as well as characters.

I was not a fan of singer coming back and after the tone set in 1st Class would have preferred Matthew Vaughn.

I know, I know, but Singer's X-Men have not held up well over time and he absolutely sodomizes the history, characters, and continuity to make his flicks.

I'm in, and only in, because the money/actors/production are 100% behind this...

from what ive read, it is mostly the First Class cast. With Hugh Jackman of course....LOL

Vaughn was still involved a little bit i think. I agree, i thought Vaughn did the best job of any of them.

Deberg_1990 05-21-2014 11:32 AM

Heh, that Honest trailer thing brought up a great point. So the XMen exist in the same universe as other Marvel heroes? If so, why do other heroes get cheered and mutants get looked down upon? and how are mutant powers any different than other heroes superpowers?
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 05-21-2014 12:27 PM

I'd say it's because mutants are born with the X gene while the others in the Marvel universe are most often mutates that obtained their powers via some freak accident or what have you.

Apparently more and more people are being born with the X gene and it's being seen as an evolution thing. Eventually, the mutants will "take over" as the dominant species.

The Franchise 05-21-2014 01:03 PM

It may be stupid....but the whole X-men costume thing has always bothered me in the movies. Put them in their actual ****ing costumes, damnt!

Anyong Bluth 05-21-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10643305)
It may be stupid....but the whole X-men costume thing has always bothered me in the movies. Put them in their actual ****ing costumes, damnt!

The issue squarely rests on the fact that some of the costumes would look ridiculous in a live action film. Even Superman's is tough to not end up looking gay- Batman's is probably the easiest.

Aries Walker 05-21-2014 01:57 PM

Modern, armored Batman, yes. 60's - or better yet, 40's - Batman, no better than any other set of tights. And yeah, tights look ridiculous in most cases, as if the would-be bank robber is suddenly confronted by an Olympic bicycle racer.

I always thought the best looking on film was the Shadow. The cape over the trenchcoat, with the wide-brimmed fedora, is a brilliantly classy look.

ThaVirus 05-21-2014 02:03 PM

Tights aren't incredibly terrible all the time. I've never thought Spider-Man looked campy.

I agree that the X Suits look bad, even in First Class, but I'm just not sure how they could modernize them without making them look like tools.

keg in kc 05-21-2014 02:32 PM

Reviews are looking good so far: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_me...f_future_past/

Baby Lee 05-21-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10643322)
The issue squarely rests on the fact that some of the costumes would look ridiculous in a live action film. Even Superman's is tough to not end up looking gay- Batman's is probably the easiest.

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-conten...evelopment.png

DaveNull 05-21-2014 04:04 PM

nailed it.

KCFalcon59 05-21-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10641676)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cvkCv5cCD5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bluoobs! ROFLROFLROFL

Sure-Oz 05-22-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10643466)

60 reviews at 95% wow!
This is going to he awesome

Buehler445 05-22-2014 08:26 AM

Jesus. 95%?

Anyong Bluth 05-22-2014 09:06 AM

Now everyone will go in with inflated expectations and be letdown not because it's not a good film but unrealistic preconceived notions.

Last film with this much acclaim that lived up to it was TDK, and that's a lofty bar to set.

I know I've been more interested in seeing this than any other X men film by a wide margin.