ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Winston mad at the Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264770)

R8RFAN 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8989323)
Nobody was cheering about Matt getting hurt in my section. I couldn't hear cheers from anywhere in the stadium. They cheered when Quinn jogged onto the field. Hell, the stadium applauded Cassel when he got up and walked to the sideline.

Shut the **** up, Winston, and do your ****ing job.

I am starting to think alot of Chief fans are undesirables

lewdog 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8989313)
I didn't cheer when Russell went down, or when Al Davis died.

I sure the **** didn't either because both of those douches sucked ass and I would never want them away from the Raiders organization!

KCrockaholic 10-07-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8989328)
I sure the **** didn't either because both of those douches sucked ass and I would never want them away from the Raiders organization!

lol exactly.

FringeNC 10-07-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 8989310)
Search for Eric Winston on Twitter. Every major journalist is tweeting about it. Thanks, buddy.

I wouldn't really worry about it. Any knowledgeable football fan in the country knows Cassel is garbage, and has no business playing. Plus isn't any publicity surrounding Cassel a good thing? Any stories about it will certainly talk about Cassel's struggles, thereby embarrassing Pioli.

the Talking Can 10-07-2012 05:04 PM

Chiefs are 1-4

they have the worst QB in the league

so, what is the problem?

'the fans'....brilliant, only in kansas city

Otter 10-07-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8989320)
i officially hate eric winston as much as i do romeo, scott pioli, etc

**** these guys for ruining my favorite team. i am a fan. i pay ****ing money every year. you get paid millions because of people like me. start playing like the other 31 teams in the NFL and we wouldnt have this problem. Stop being a shit franchise

I appreciate guys like Winston that stand up and speak their mind. He's the same guy that's gonna be behind Quinn and Geno if we manage to get him.

Dude was pissed and speaking his mind as opposed to PR bullshit. I like that.

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8989334)
Chiefs are 1-4

they have the worst QB in the league

so, what is the problem?

the fans....brilliant, only in kansas city

Pisoli striking back

bobbything 10-07-2012 05:05 PM

Cheering when Cassel went down is low rent IMO. I agree with Winston. That said, I dont really think the cheering was because he was injured, it's because he's out of the game. Unfortunately, because this organization is completely gutless, and refused to yank Cassel earlier, now the fans end up being the bad guys here.

I've never hated a Chiefs team/regime as much as this one. Part of me wishes they'd just move so I wouldn't have to endure this. Today was the first time I didn't watch all of the game. I saw the first half then went and played tennis. Never, ever done that before.

ArrowheadMagic 10-07-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 8989323)
Nobody was cheering about Matt getting hurt in my section. I couldn't hear cheers from anywhere in the stadium. They cheered when Quinn jogged onto the field. Hell, the stadium applauded Cassel when he got up and walked to the sideline.

Shut the **** up, Winston, and do your ****ing job.

Agree, thats what happened around me. Winston needs to pay less attention to fans and more to his job. Maybe if he blocked on the play, Cassel wouldnt have gotten injured.

FAX 10-07-2012 05:07 PM

Just listened to his speech. I think he went a little over the top, to be honest.

People are just frustrated as hell with this team ... particularly Cassel. I'm sure 70k people (his number) didn't cheer Cassel's injury. The disconnect here is pretty deep and wide ... fans spending hard-earned money to go to games to see pitiful garbage while pro football players make tens of millions of dollars ... all the while knowing what the risks are.

Eric seems like a nice guy and he's standing up for his teammate, but perspective works both ways.

FAX

007 10-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8989192)
:LOL:

touche

Chief Henry 10-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8988574)
You can't continue to serve up shit and expect people to not get sick of it.

This will be the 19th season the KC Chiefs will NOT win a playoff game. Cassel getting hurt and then cheering from the fans is frustration coming out of the fans for 19 seasons of BS coming from this ownership group. I can understand Winston being disapointed......but **** you Winston and the horse you road in on.

BigMeatballDave 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Cassel plays like ass, per usual, costing them the win, and dumbass players and fans are crying about booing fans.

mcaj22 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8989337)
I appreciate guys like Winston that stand up and speak their mind. He's the same guy that's gonna be behind Quinn and Geno if we manage to get him.

Dude was pissed and speaking his mind as opposed to PR bullshit. I like that.

What do you mean. Chiefs fans are some of the best pro sports fans in the country. And this dude just ****ing makes the entire fanbase look like dickheads.

Yo I am from Pennsylvania. I have seen fans in Philly boo Michael Irvin as he laid there on the field helpless and THEY WERE PROUD OF IT. The fans took PRIDE in that. Philly style. I have watched Philly fans throw shit at guys like Scott Rolen when they come back. I have watched them throw snowballs and batteries at random guys dressed up as Santa.

I have watched fanbases do MUCH worse and they get cheered for because its part of their image, their culture, their fanbase and team's tough skin. Because it generates money.

If Chiefs fans are pissed let them boo, cheer, whatever. If the coaches werent part of this shit Patriots Tree and our GM wasnt the coach behind the curtain and we had a coach that would actually bench the QB for being untalented, then it would have never got to that point.

But as consumers, and NFL being a business, if there is money involved and you are paying to park, paying for tickets, paying 15 dollars for a dixie cup of beer, then you better damn well put the best product on the field for those consumers that you can.

Agent V 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Winston can't hear a snap count. I don't trust he can hear crowd noise accurately.