ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267717)
For the gif? Or that I like the idea of Mike Lombardi as GM?

Mike Lombardi.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:35 AM

jd, where did you see that he is already on a plane headed for Zona? Your saying he has already interviewed with KC?

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:36 AM

thats what someone on twitter is saying

Strongside 01-02-2013 10:36 AM

This Ian Rappaport interview on 610 right now has me wanting to blow my brains out while falling from a tall building. Why do they invite idiots like this on for interviews. He can't even convey his thoughts in a normal manner. Sounds like a frat boy who's still hungover from NYE. Obviously no homework done. IDIOT.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:36 AM

He's probably going to go see what AZ is offering him. As of right now....he's probably the best HC out there right now. He'd be dumb not to see what everyone is offering him.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267694)
Why would we fire a coach that goes 13-3 and fields the #1 defense in the league??

Because of Gannon/Grbac?? Because there was no instant replay?? Because the NFL wanted Elway to win a Super Bowi, and literally made it happen, down to Holmgren instructing his defense to allow Davis to walk in the go-ahead TD...

I mean, no one was suggesting that Marty leave after '97.

Because it was painfully obvious he couldn't close the deal and was getting desperate.

Marty's desperation resulted in the 1998 season, which was one of the most embarrassing in team history.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9267712)
I think he'd be more than happy with how our offensive line stacks up against the Cardinals. He basically wouldn't have to do anything but re-sign Albert. He's got bookend tackles and a young/talented interior line. Charles already fits the RB that he likes. He'd have his pick at QB. Really all he would need to do (if he re-signs Bowe) is find a deep threat WR and a TE.

No doubt that he'd like our OL better.

But he'd be an idiot of epic proportion if he didn't like their defense better.

In Arizona, he has holes on one side of the ball. In KC, there are significant holes on both sides.

Being completely honest, there's only two reasons why KC is a better opportunity than Arizona:

1st overall pick.

Better owner.

Christ, he may WANT the Arizona job BECAUSE Kolb is there. He may not think they have a QB problem.

MGRS13 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9267704)
NFLnet is pretty much ruling out any other team other than Arizona. That Andy isn't interested in any other team.

Clark Hunt just needs to make a good impression & maybe have a chance I don't know. I don't think NFLnet is that accurate with what they are saying.

Money talks. Unfortunately that is not Clarks suit. Reid, Gruden, Cowher, Kelly are this years Manning. Clark doesn't understand the idea of just out bidding his competition.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9267722)
leverage for what? its Andy Reid, he's gonna get alot of money somewhere. He doesnt need leverage. Makes no sense.

Yeah, it's way more likely that he's using Ari as leverage to drive up his price for a job he wants.

Kinda like what Peyton Manning did with Ari last year.

kcxiv 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9267730)
This Ian Rappaport interview on 610 right now has me wanting to blow my brains out while falling from a tall building. Why do they invite idiots like this on for interviews. He can't even convey his thoughts in a normal manner. Sounds like a frat boy who's still hungover from NYE. Obviously no homework done. IDIOT.

Hesounds like he has no idea what he's talking about. He's bumbling all over the place.

Pin Head 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9267272)
I just saw it on his Facebook status...

Coming soon from Scheffter: The Chiefs are just a Geno Smith and Arenas away from a 5-11 2013.

memyselfI 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9267718)
There's too much smoke around Arizona. We're being used for leverage IMO...

That is what I thought when I first heard this. Guess we'll see.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

Oh I fully expect him to visit Arizona still, it is only smart on his behalf. Just wanted to know where it was stated he has already done the KC interview and is on his way to Zona?

wazu 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

You know, Arizona is really hot. Don't fat guys hate that?

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 10:38 AM

I blew this guy shit on twitter because KC is not the worst job.
2 reasons we sucked:
QB play
Coaching