ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

DMAC 01-21-2013 04:06 PM

Haith was such a terrible hire. We all knew it, even last year when they were winning.

We knew this would happen. How did Alden not?

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9339422)
Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's 2013 Mizzou basketball!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-p...y-Puri_268.gif

I lol'd.

CoMoChief 01-21-2013 04:16 PM

Snyder over Bill Self

Holy shit the irony....and here we are 13 or so year later

DaKCMan AP 01-21-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9339453)
A special thank you to Mizzou for taking the epitomy of medicority that is Frank Haith off Miami's hands.

Miami never should have gotten rid of Leonard Hamilton.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2013 04:32 PM

I get that the show-cause penalty affects Haith wherever he goes, but how does it impact Missouri, other than it being an obvious black mark for recruiting? Are there any sanctions tied to it?

Sassy Squatch 01-21-2013 04:38 PM

It looks like if he does anything to cause him to get sanctions at MU the penalty will be much more severe than usual.

For the school I mean.

siberian khatru 01-21-2013 05:06 PM

@GaryParrishCBS
I just asked Jonathan Williams if his commitment to Mizzou will change if Frank Haith gets unethical conduct charge. “No comment,” he said.

sedated 01-21-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9339575)
I get that the show-cause penalty affects Haith wherever he goes, but how does it impact Missouri, other than it being an obvious black mark for recruiting? Are there any sanctions tied to it?

Im not sure I can recall a situation like this. On one hand, there's zero evidence or inclination that he has done anything at mizzou, so they shouldnt be punished. On the other, its not a great precedent for the NCAA to set by letting him walk away scott free just because he took another job while the investigation dragged on for 2 years at his old school - coaches would start jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. And we arent talking secondary violations, this is enough to get a coach banned for multiple years.

|Zach| 01-21-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9339807)
Im not sure I can recall a situation like this. On one hand, there's zero evidence or inclination that he has done anything at mizzou, so they shouldnt be punished. On the other, its not a great precedent for the NCAA to set by letting him walk away scott free just because he took another job while the investigation dragged on for 2 years at his old school - coaches would start jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. And we arent talking secondary violations, this is enough to get a coach banned for multiple years.

You would think they could have wrapped this thing up a little faster than this.

Mizzou_8541 01-21-2013 06:42 PM

Anybody got the "haters gonna hate" gif with Frank Haith whistling and while walking?

stonedstooge 01-21-2013 06:46 PM

Must have lied to Alden when he was interviewed about the situation. So if true, he needs to go

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9339575)

Believe there might be some restrictions in terms of scholarships, no? I'd need to dig into the details about Sampson at Indiana, but I didn't think IU had a clean pass after they hired that piece of shit.

Honestly, Mizzou would almost have to be hit with something. Otherwise there's nothing to deter someone from crapping all over the rules and then picking up to relocate.

|Zach| 01-21-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9339919)
Must have lied to Alden when he was interviewed about the situation. So if true, he needs to go

Pretty big assumption.

stonedstooge 01-21-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9339953)
Pretty big assumption.

The investigation was already in progress when he was hired wasn't it?

Pepe Silvia 01-21-2013 07:08 PM

I swear this school has the worst luck in the world.