ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

Setsuna 01-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360046)
I'm not trying to prove a point. My Uncle was the ST coach.

Oh yeah!? That's pretty cool man. We went to the playoffs in 2005 so props to him. Tell him thank you. We were only relevant a year after he left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360053)
Your post is a major contradiction.

When Smith is released, The NY Jets, Bills and Jaguars will most definitely be interested. Teams like the Chiefs and Titans will likely be interested. It wouldn't be a shock to see the Eagles and even the Vikings interested.

With Smith, Peterson, Harvin and Rudolph, the Vikings would be dangerous.

I'll burn the stadium to the ground before they even dial the first number of Smith's agent's area code.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360076)
I don't think I said anything about 2013 in my post. Dane, I know more about football than you think.

Based on your posts, I highly doubt that

Sorter 01-28-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9360080)
Oh yeah!? That's pretty cool man. We went to the playoffs in 2005 so props to him. Tell him thank you. We were only relevant a year after he left.

I'll burn the stadium to the ground before they even dial the first number of Smith's agent's area code.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360078)
And. Here. We. Go.

Dane kicks into bipolar mode

Really?

Didn't you JUST accuse TK13 of wanting Smith for five years?

JFC, you're a ****ing moron.

"My uncle usta did coach in the NFL so I no morre than you!11111!!!".

:shake:

htismaqe 01-28-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9359749)
I would agree, I don't think he'd come here if we were going to draft a QB at 1. But if he was interested in the idea of coming here despite that, I'd be interested. He's a 28 year old former #1 overall pick. He does have raw talent. But I wouldn't trade picks for him or not draft a QB because of him.

It's unbelievable to me that the same board that one year ago was pining for Kyle flipping Orton thinks Alex Smith is beneath them though. That's crazy.

I certainly wasn't pining for Orton. Looks different than Cassel, same result.

Coogs 01-28-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9360070)
Flynn's situation and Smith's situation aren't at all alike. One of them has already been a starter in this league.

True. But you can still have a competition without naming anyone the starter. Let them earn it.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9360098)
I certainly wasn't pining for Orton. Looks different than Cassel, same result.

But you cannot deny that plenty were pining for him.

HolyHat 01-28-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360085)
Based on your posts, I highly doubt that

And based off your posts I would assume your some back woods pussy boy that hates real confrontation. I'm still waiting for you to send me a message on where you would like to meet and discuss things further.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360107)
And based off your posts I would assume your some back woods pussy boy that hates real confrontation. I'm still waiting for you to send me a message on where you would like to meet and discuss things further.

What? What are you saying, War Hero?

Are you physically threatening me, again?

And if by "woods", you mean, the Hollywood Hills, which is where I live, then yes.

HotCarl 01-28-2013 09:54 PM

There isn't any comparison between Orton and Smith. Smith did improve year by year since he didn't play in 2008, after his shoulder was repaired. For the last couple of years he's been a fairly efficient, if unspectacular, quarterback.

Nobody is saying he's great or anything, but he's certainly not Orton or Cassel, and could well be a Trent Green.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9360103)
True. But you can still have a competition without naming anyone the starter. Let them earn it.

You can say that but in reality a competition doesn't really happen between a rookie and a sure-to-be-paid-handsomely long-time starter.

Smith would be the starter, at least initially.

HolyHat 01-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360117)
What? What are you saying, War Hero?

Are you physically threatening me, again?

No sir, I don't make threats on the Internet. Never have. I offered to meet you and we could discuss things over a beer. Until that time, keep your tough guy attitude on the bench. Nobody cares about your Internet intimidation, especially not me.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9360124)
There isn't any comparison between Orton and Smith. Smith did improve year by year since he didn't play in 2008, after his shoulder was repaired. For the last couple of years he's been a fairly efficient, if unspectacular, quarterback.

Nobody is saying he's great or anything, but he's certainly not Orton or Cassel, and could well be a Trent Green.

Not interested.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9359677)
For his career, Smith averages 6.6 Y/A and 178 YPG.

And we're conveniently ignoring the fact that the last two seasons he was a significantly better QB.

The 49ers benched a guy who was completing 70 percent of his passes at 8 yards per attempt. A guy who was 6-2-1 as a starter.

While I don't want Smith to be our only option as a starting QB, I won't cry if he's brought here to be a backup, nor will I attempt to undermine him based on statistics that don't really paint a true picture of the player.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9360130)
No sir, I don't make threats on the Internet. Never have. I offered to meet you and we could discuss things over a beer. Until that time, keep your tough guy attitude on the bench. Nobody cares about your Internet intimidation, especially not me.

Right.

LMAO

Which is why you've said that I'm "ducking" you and and won't accept your PM's.

ROFL

I live 2,000 miles from KC. I rarely come back. If you're on the West Coast, do as Htis advised and drop me a Rep Note.