ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sounds like Matt Flynn heading to Oakland via trade, and Carson Palmer Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271585)

Mav 03-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539384)
wake me up when Bradford looks like a real QB

I will, as soon as they get him receivers to throw to. Danny amendola was his only true receiver, and he was always hurt. However, they did just add Jared Cook for him, and im sure they will draft one. They are already linked to both Tavon Austin, and to Keenan Allen.....

Mr_Tomahawk 03-29-2013 06:44 PM

@evansilva: RT @kohughes What is your problem with #Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie so far? ... He's yet to noticeably improve the roster in a single area.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9539394)
The Raiders are in the same exact position as the Chiefs. Top 3 pick, traded for a QB, no second round pick in 2013.

I'd be shocked if they gave up less than a 4th round pick (and possibly a 3rd for Flynn), so they'll have filled their starting QB position with the trade.

They cannot afford to use the #3 overall pick on another QB and not pick until possibly Day Three of the draft.

Yeah. If they get flynn, then they have to go dline one would think. Prolly Floyd, or possibly Dion Jordan.

tk13 03-29-2013 06:45 PM

I'm not sure if all these moves will really prohibit someone from drafting a QB. But I wonder if teams are setting themselves up so none of these QBs absolutely have to play game 1.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-29-2013 06:46 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Would be a surprise to people around the league if Oakland QB Carson Palmer winds up in Arizona. A real surprise.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9539405)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Would be a surprise to people around the league if Oakland QB Carson Palmer winds up in Arizona. A real surprise.

I was surprised by that as well, i had read the jets were looking at him.

B14ckmon 03-29-2013 06:51 PM

Dorsey and Caldwell are both going to have a chance to draft Geno and pass. Our teams ****ing suck.

penbrook 03-29-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9539416)
Dorsey and Caldwell are both going to have a chance to draft Geno and pass. Our teams ****ing suck.

Jaguars already said they will build around Gabbert.

The Chiefs have yet to say whether they are considering Geno or just a smokescreen.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 08:13 PM

Oh noes! Another possibility for "dodging the draft" at QB gone!/weeping true fan
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9539304)
it is however a pretty clear sign, that a number of teams are not impressed with this crop of qbs.......

Welp, we're the Chiefs and we do things shittily, so maybe this is our kind of crop!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9539416)

"Building with Blaine". Sounds like a quirky, 80's, John Cusak movie! Fun!
Posted via Mobile Device

crossbow 03-29-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9538419)
It's unbelievable just how hard Seattle nailed their QB solution last year. Franchise QB who is arguably in league with (or better than) Andrew Luck in the 3rd round, free agent guy they picked up turned into a trade.

What an unstoppable team they could be. That's a scary-looking dynasty if I ever saw one.

Stupid fools could have traded a 2nd to the 49er's for their back up QB. Ha Ha what a bunch of idiots. I am glad our team doesn't waste picks on foolish draft picks. No sir, why take chances when you can make safe deals?

B14ckmon 03-29-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9539437)
Jaguars already said they will build around Gabbert.

The Chiefs have yet to say whether they are considering Geno or just a smokescreen.

No they didn't. Caldwell literally said he will be adding QBs through UDFA and the draft.

You're still acting like a ****ing idiot for thinking the Chiefs will take Geno. Kill yourself now so the body count on draft day isn't as high.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9540108)
No they didn't. Caldwell literally said he will be adding QBs through UDFA and the draft.

You're still acting like a ****ing idiot for thinking the Chiefs will take Geno. Kill yourself now so the body count on draft day isn't as high.

Translation: my team is sticking with Blaine, Geno has no interest in playing for a ****tarded franchise like mine, and my butt now hurts deeply.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee 03-29-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9539377)
im not sure that trading for another teams back up when you are cash strapped, and that back up has a nice sized salary is the right signals to take......

You are right it could be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539384)
wake me up when Bradford looks like a real QB

That Steven Jackson decided to Gonzalez the Rams this offseason fills me with melancholy.