ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

KevB 11-02-2013 10:16 PM

My Grizzlies look like they may have lost some of that defensive intensity with Hollins gone. Mavs got way too much in the lane tonight; very unlike the Grizz.

TEX 11-02-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 10150378)
My Pacers are looking good!!

As are my ROCKETS! :thumb:

Chiefs Pantalones 11-02-2013 10:30 PM

Rose needs more help. Maybe one day it'll happen..

TEX 11-02-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10148442)
Gonna be a long long season for the Lakers. They some shitty ass castaways. lol Oh well, one of these years was bound to happen sooner or later.

And I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show!;)

KevB 11-02-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10150495)
Rose needs more help. Maybe one day it'll happen..

They need another shooter or two. Dunleavy was supposed to be that guy, but he looks like age is catching up with him.

-King- 11-02-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10150466)
My Grizzlies look like they may have lost some of that defensive intensity with Hollins gone. Mavs got way too much in the lane tonight; very unlike the Grizz.

I'm going to sit back and laugh as they fail. That's what they get for trying to go to sabermetrics when it was obvious they weren't the kind of team for that.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-02-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10150520)
They need another shooter or two. Dunleavy was supposed to be that guy, but he looks like age is catching up with him.

The front office needs punched in the nuts. Come playoff time if we get to face the Heat again LeBron will just man up Rose and shut him down. They need to make a move. Butler, Dunleavy, Boozer, Noah, Hinrich, etc just give me regular season wins. But that roster is not scary. Gotta make a bold trade.

The Bad Guy 11-02-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10150569)
I'm going to sit back and laugh as they fail. That's what they get for trying to go to sabermetrics when it was obvious they weren't the kind of team for that.

Lots of truth in this.

The Bad Guy 11-02-2013 11:10 PM

On a side hoops note, got offered Wes Matthews for Vitor tonight. Really struggling at 2 guard and 3 with Kobe, Tobias Harris and Wilson Chandler on the shelf.

Thinking of pulling the trigger.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-02-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10150569)

Yes. It's obvious they aren't a baseball team

lcarus 11-02-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10148234)
I hear you BUT everyone who knows the guy says that he is different in Houston. They say that he "gets it." He doesn't have to be "THE MAN" but he can get paid like he is. He knows his roll on this team. He spends a lot of time with Olajuwon and its really paying off. Hakeem is humble beyond belief. Howard is growing up and grown ups handle pressure different from children...

He's always worked with Olajuwon. It's too early to tell if he's more mature now. We'll know when adversity comes along. Howard's first several seasons with Orlando were great. The dude was a good teammate, always had a smile on his face, etc. Then somewhere down the line he just became a giant bitch. My guess is roids but who knows for sure.

dirk digler 11-03-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10148207)
They'll be fine. Nets have more to prove at the moment.

I have no doubt the Heat will be fine just found it interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10148373)
They might want to try more than a few minutes a game going forward if they want to win some of them.

They tried against the Nets though. I usually pay zero attention to the NBA preseason but after getting thumped twice by the Nets and after halftime getting thumped again until they hit a few lucky 3's I think the Nets maybe the best team overall to knock them off as long as they stay healthy.

Their size with Blatche, Lopez, and KG gives them big trouble and unlike the Pacers they have 3 legitimate scorers with Pierce, Deron, and Johnson.

Of course this all depends on Oden coming back and how well he plays and stays healthy. It all could be a moot point.

-King- 11-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll (Post 10150605)
Yes. It's obvious they aren't a baseball team

I call advanced stats for all sports sabermetrics.
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie 11-03-2013 11:06 AM

I dont see Houston winning the West. I think they get close and the addition of Howard helps but I really think Harden is somewhat overrated. Hes a good volume shooter but not sure if a bona fide star

TEX 11-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10150618)
He's always worked with Olajuwon. It's too early to tell if he's more mature now. We'll know when adversity comes along. Howard's first several seasons with Orlando were great. The dude was a good teammate, always had a smile on his face, etc. Then somewhere down the line he just became a giant bitch. My guess is roids but who knows for sure.

Sure he's worked with Olajuwon before but not to the point that he is now. Now the "work" encompasses personal growth as well as basketball skills. People just don't grow up over night - it's a process and he's got an excellent mentor. In every way, Olajuwon has been where Howard wants to go. I'm saying the signs are there that he's started the growing up process.

What type of "adversity" are you talking about? The Rockets have not experienced much success the past decade plus so the City as tempered expectations. The team has been rebuilt several times since the championship years. He's just part of the latest, and best rebuild. Sure, there will be pressure to win it all down the road but it's just not going to be directed at him. He passed the first mini test last night in Utah. Rockets were down by 19 and came back to win by 11. He wasn't the star, Harden and Parson's were - but he contributed and made plays when the flow of the game came to him. He's not the first option on the Rockets, but he can be if the situation dictates. He's also not going to be first on the pressure meter when things go wrong. The city knows how to be patient for a Championship - it was with Olajuwon and when they came, it was pretty cool! Houston is a good fit for Howard and because of that I bet a different Howard emerges.