ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

Stanley Nickels 04-23-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10581766)
What hire would make you happy?

For me, it'd be Marshall, Howland, Cronin, Mack, Miller, hell I'd even be fine with Underwood. There is one homerun hire (Marshall) and a few good hires (the others previously listed), but the rumors we keep hearing are just terrible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-23-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 10581766)
What hire would make you happy?

Howland, Mack, Miller, Pitino, Marshall. There are several others as well. I'd be fine with Frank ****ing Martin. As I've said, I can even live with Fuller. What I don't want is some 60 year old who has either A) never coached at the level or B)can't get out of the first round.

KChiefs1 04-23-2014 10:01 PM

Could Marshall be waiting until after the basketball banquet?

WilliamTheIrish 04-23-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMo
Howland is the splash MU needs to make to give life back into their bball program.

So.. moving on...

Stanley Nickels 04-23-2014 10:22 PM

There's a lot of chatter about Brian Gregory. Brian ****ing Gregory. That dude will make you yearn for the Haith years. His first two years at Dayton were good, then averaged SIXTH PLACE IN THE ATLANTIC 10 over the next six years. In his first three seasons at GTech, they've placed 11th, 9th, and 11th, going 16-36 in conference over that period.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-23-2014 10:27 PM

The only thing to look forward to with this search is the Downfall parody to follow.

Pepe Silvia 04-23-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10581925)
There's a lot of chatter about Brian Gregory. Brian ****ing Gregory. That dude will make you yearn for the Haith years. His first two years at Dayton were good, then averaged SIXTH PLACE IN THE ATLANTIC 10 over the next six years. In his first three seasons at GTech, they've placed 11th, 9th, and 11th, going 16-36 in conference over that period.

Nobody wants the job then.

CoMoChief 04-24-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10581897)
So.. moving on...

dynamite drop in from william the shit stain.

Al Bundy 04-24-2014 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10581851)
Howland, Mack, Miller, Pitino, Marshall. There are several others as well. I'd be fine with Frank ****ing Martin. As I've said, I can even live with Fuller. What I don't want is some 60 year old who has either A) never coached at the level or B)can't get out of the first round.

Mack is the guy that would be one of the home run hires for your program. At least IMHO.

BryanBusby 04-24-2014 04:01 AM

My source is saying the finalists are simply Anderson and Marshall.

To make a long story short, Anderson will probably be the hire. To make the good hire, they would have to make Marshall the highest paid coach at MU. Donors would have to step up and the problem is that Kim Anderson has too much support among them.

TribalElder 04-24-2014 05:30 AM

Leave anderson alone

He will be staying in the burg

The bad thing is that the pantry is pretty ****ing bare at Mizzou and whoever takes over probably won't get things turned around for a season or two. Frank the transfer haith has left things in a shambles and the next coach will probably not get a chance to actually fix it before the fans call for them to be shit canned.

The vicious cycle

duncan_idaho 04-24-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10582074)
Leave anderson alone

He will be staying in the burg

The bad thing is that the pantry is pretty ****ing bare at Mizzou and whoever takes over probably won't get things turned around for a season or two. Frank the transfer haith has left things in a shambles and the next coach will probably not get a chance to actually fix it before the fans call for them to be shit canned.

The vicious cycle

I don't want Anderson. Not at all. But you have to realize that if Mizzou offers him, he's gone. Right? You're talking about a 1000 percent raise, a chance to coach on the big stage for his alma mater.

The talent situation at Missouri is not THAT bad. New coach would inherit a group of sophomores that were the key part of a top 25 class, if he can convince Wes Clark to stay.

Cam Biedschied was a top 40 player out of HS a few years ago and is a "captive" player since he's already used his redshirt year.

And they'd at least have a chance of convincing Jakeenan Gant, another top 50 player, and Namon Wright to stay. Odds might be pretty decent with Gant considering his entire family moved to Missouri already, to be closer to him.

There's not as much talent to use in year 1 as Haith inherited, but the Year 2 and Year 3 and Year 4 situations are MUCH better than what Anderson left (which was basically Phil Pressey and Mike Dixon).

TribalElder 04-24-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10582128)
I don't want Anderson. Not at all. But you have to realize that if Mizzou offers him, he's gone. Right? You're talking about a 1000 percent raise, a chance to coach on the big stage for his alma mater.

The talent situation at Missouri is not THAT bad. New coach would inherit a group of sophomores that were the key part of a top 25 class, if he can convince Wes Clark to stay.

Cam Biedschied was a top 40 player out of HS a few years ago and is a "captive" player since he's already used his redshirt year.

And they'd at least have a chance of convincing Jakeenan Gant, another top 50 player, and Namon Wright to stay. Odds might be pretty decent with Gant considering his entire family moved to Missouri already, to be closer to him.

There's not as much talent to use in year 1 as Haith inherited, but the Year 2 and Year 3 and Year 4 situations are MUCH better than what Anderson left (which was basically Phil Pressey and Mike Dixon).

I'm sure he would take the job I just hope they hire someone else

O.city 04-24-2014 08:10 AM

They're not really going to hire Kim Anderson, right?

Codered 04-24-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10582242)
They're not really going to hire Kim Anderson, right?

I really hope not.