ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

aturnis 12-08-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10254606)
Is it a more adult-oriented game? I had read somewhere they were looking to do something different from LBP.

Sorry. Apparently it is a Vita title only. It is a juvenile title, but really their games are so immersive, that anybody can be drawn in with ease. It's almost as though they are bearing Nintendo at their own game, Mario can't keep up in his old age.

Looks amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NK6_QvdxyXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 12-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10260468)
Sorry. Apparently it is a Vita title only. It is a juvenile title, but really their games are so immersive, that anybody can be drawn in with ease. It's almost as though they are bearing Nintendo at their own game, Mario can't keep up in his old age.

Looks amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NK6_QvdxyXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm gonna have to find it now. They're supposedly working on something "groundbreaking" and completely different.

RockChalk 12-09-2013 10:46 AM

Question (probably dumb) about owning multiple PS3's...

If I have one in my living room and one in a bedroom, can those be linked up together so that I'm just playing off a shared hard drive? Just wondering because of games like GTA or Madden and playing multiple stories/seasons. I'd obviously prefer to be able to play the same season/story on both PS3's, if possible

Mr. Plow 12-09-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10263124)

If I have one in my living room and one in a bedroom, can those be linked up together so that I'm just playing off a shared hard drive? Just wondering because of games like GTA or Madden and playing multiple stories/seasons. I'd obviously prefer to be able to play the same season/story on both PS3's, if possible

I would assume that there is some sort of cloud storage that you could use for game saves - but I could be wrong. I haven't touched my PS3 yet. My fingers are getting twitchy.

The Franchise 12-09-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10263124)

I may be wrong....but lately I've been getting a pop up before my game starts....asking me if I want to save my games to the cloud. I always say no (because I save my shit to an external HD).

TinyEvel 12-11-2013 10:02 PM

If you subscribe to PlayStation Plus it will save your games to the cloud, and you can access them from any PS3 by logging in with your PSN ID.

TinyEvel 12-11-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10252006)
14 is my oldest - so I'm sure he'll get some good use out of it.

The other 3 are 8, 7, 6. Is Little Big Planet worth a purchase?

Damn! five kids?!

Chiming in late, here, but Little big planet 1 is better for the younger ones,(6, 7) 2 for the older ones.

The community levels will give you an endless amount of levels to play. Imagine Youtube for platform gaming. Some of the community levels are kind of adult (Deadspace, House of the dead, etc)

but really 99.9 percent are great for all.

Journey and flower are rad.

There are a lot of PSN downloadable games you can get for them, too.

I believe I have a bunch of games I can send to you that my kids grew out of or I don't play any more. PM me your address.

:thumb:

007 12-11-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10270049)
Damn! five kids?!

Chiming in late, here, but Little big planet 1 is better for the younger ones,(6, 7) 2 for the older ones.

The community levels will give you an endless amount of levels to play. Imagine Youtube for platform gaming. Some of the community levels are kind of adult (Deadspace, House of the dead, etc)

I believe I have a bunch of games I can send to you that my kids grew out of or I don't play any more. PM me your address.

Ooooh, you are in for a treat Plow.

Mr. Plow 12-11-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 10270049)
Damn! five kids?!

Wow. I really don't know what to say. I really really appreciate it.

millz 12-12-2013 07:27 AM

No one says this at all but the Saints Row series is easily one of the best on PS3. Saints Row 2 alone could easily be regarded as a top 5 game for the console AND could possibly be better at GTA ( game play wise, clearly not graphics and map however the map is massive and feels like a REAL city, there's much more customization and you feel like you're working toward something because you can buy cribs and upgrade it, the missions are so much fun and the side missions are hours upon game play ) SR3 is also really good and cheap, SR4 came out recently and it has to be the best superhero game I've played in awhile, honestly.

millz 12-12-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10254613)
Thanks a ton everyone! Really appreciate it because I'm going to be out doing Christmas presents in the next week or so and want to pick up a couple games.

Make sure to pick up the Jak and Daxter collection or Ratchet and Clank for the kids, insanely cheap and really really good platformers.

Mr. Plow 12-12-2013 08:10 AM

It's been a rough couple weeks with this PS3 just sitting here in my office....staring me in the face and laughing because I can't play it.

The Franchise 12-12-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10270144)
Wow. I really don't know what to say. I really really appreciate it.

If your kid doesn't mind playing some older football games....let me know. I think I've got some older NCAA games that I don't play anymore.

Are your kids into Rockband?

Mr. Plow 12-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10270938)
If your kid doesn't mind playing some older football games....let me know. I think I've got some older NCAA games that I don't play anymore.

Are your kids into Rockband?

Mine have never played Rockband. As far as sports games go, if you have any decent ones you don't want anymore, shoot me a price for them. I've got 6-8 months to play 8 years worth of games.....and I couldn't be happier about it. lol

007 12-21-2013 12:52 AM

I thought Minecraft was never coming to the PS3? Shows on sale this week in the PSN store.