ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

BWillie 01-26-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9352764)
yeah, pierce...once he got it going it was obvious he was better than everyone

if you watch mclemore's high school footage, he looks a lot like kobe bryant did in high school...just next level clowning

he's not kobe, by any stretch...but he's been NBA bound since before he stepped on campus

What sets Kobe Bryant apart from everybody else is his footwork. Sadly Mclemore is nowhere close to Kobe in that regard

BWillie 01-26-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9353650)
I'm completely happy with KU not being ranked #1 ever. Anymore, I feel like it's nice to have some ground in front of you to make up.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it looks as though we might run the table in the Big 12 this year.

Turning Bramledge into the Hawktagon pretty much killed the only legitimate hope a team had of taking us down. We could still lose a conference game, but there is zero reason for any team to believe they can beat us.

Why? I want them to be ranked #1 as much as possible. Gets our team exposure and gives us the opportunity to play every game with a bullseye on our back and learn how to play w high expectations.

KC_Connection 01-26-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9353987)
Why? I want them to be ranked #1 as much as possible. Gets our team exposure and gives us the opportunity to play every game with a bullseye on our back and learn how to play w high expectations.

Agreed. The incredible success of KU's basketball program rarely gets the respect it deserves from the national media, so I'd have no problem seeing it. Also can't be scared of that success and being the best.

Buehler445 01-26-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9354207)
Agreed. The incredible success of KU's basketball program rarely gets the respect it deserves from the national media, so I'd have no problem seeing it. Also can't be scared of that success and being the best.

I agree with all that. But in reality I don't care until it comes time for seeding.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-26-2013 10:50 PM

@ESPNLunardi: Final top line/s (thru 1/26): Kansas/SOUTH (w/Gonzaga), Michigan/MIDWEST (w/Syracuse), Duke/EAST (w/Indiana), Florida/WEST (w/Arizona).

Pants 01-26-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9354219)
I agree with all that. But in reality I don't care until it comes time for seeding.

Just out of curiosity, I decided to look up KU's average seed since Bill Self took over. It's 2.2.

It's an astounding 1.5 in the last 6 years. LMAO

Let's look at other traditional powers just to compare (last 9 years, a.k.a. The Bill Self Era):

Duke: 1.9

North Carolina: 2.0 (missed the tournament in 2010, however, so let's just imagine they made it as an 18 seed that year and the average drops to 3.8).

Syracuse: 3.1 (missed the tournament twice in that time period, so the new average using the above logic is 6.4).

Kentucky: 4.5 (missed the tournament in 2009, so again, let's imagine they made it as an 18 seed and the new average is 6.0).

UCLA: 4.8 (missed the tournament a whopping 3 times making their new average a dismal 9.2).

Chiefs Pantalones 01-26-2013 11:46 PM

We haven't even reached our potential yet. We haven't been playing our best basketball. Soon.

teedubya 01-27-2013 12:22 AM

God, I love KU basketball. It brings us KU brethren so much joy. Even when we lose in the tourney... it's ok... we have a great, fun ride every year. I feel blessed to be a Jayhawk.

CoMoChief 01-27-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9354309)
@ESPNLunardi: Final top line/s (thru 1/26): Kansas/SOUTH (w/Gonzaga), Michigan/MIDWEST (w/Syracuse), Duke/EAST (w/Indiana), Florida/WEST (w/Arizona).

That'd be fantastic...This Kansas team would wipe it's ass w/ Gonzaga.

CoMoChief 01-27-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9353509)
17 wins in a row is also the 3rd longest win streak in the Self era trailing 20 (2007-2008) and 18 (2010-2011) both of which were to start seasons..

Shoulda won that MichSt game.

Oh well...I don't like it when Kansas is #1 in the reg season.

CoMoChief 01-27-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9354434)
God, I love KU basketball. It brings us KU brethren so much joy. Even when we lose in the tourney... it's ok... we have a great, fun ride every year. I feel blessed to be a Jayhawk.

It's just nice to actually root for a team that has success in some way or another in a town that has their choice of the Royals or Chiefs...and I just don't care about SKC or what they bring to the table.

I mean up until 2007-08, while living w/ STL Cardinals fans when they're winning WS and going deep into playoff runs, I thought I'd never see any of my favorite teams win anything. I was too young to remember 1985 not to mention I wasn't even living in KC at the time, I was living in Peoria IL, and again, too young to remember the 85 Bears, but my dad remembers, he went to many games that season. Certainly not old enough to remember the Chiefs SB's in the 60's and 1970. And I was living in KC during Jordan's Bulls so I didn't feel that hometown/state connection like I would have if I stayed in Peoria, even though he was my favorite player, it just didnt feel like it was "my team" I've been to a couple of Bulls games when he played, but I didn't grow up going to those games like I did the Royals and Chiefs.

Then Mario Chalmers hit that 3 pointer. I knew they'd win the game when that happened and sure enough they did. After all of the letdowns from the Roy Williams era, having one of the best teams in college history (1996-97) only to fudge their pants in the tourney....after being Bucknelled and Bradley'd and McNamara raining 3's and KU's inability to hit a FT in the title game against Syracuse.

God damn that was a fantastic feeling when Chalmers nailed that 3. Too bad I didn't get to feel the love w/ hundreds of other people in the bar....I was in a bar in Columbia, MO at the time.

Buehler445 01-27-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9354785)

God damn that was a fantastic feeling when Chalmers nailed that 3. Too bad I didn't get to feel the love w/ hundreds of other people in the bar....I was in a bar in Columbia, MO at the time.

Sideny NE. I went to a bar for the first half of the UN****s game. I couldn't ****ing take that. I had to go home and watch it at my home.

Then when Chalmers hit that three I must have sprinted a mile inside my house. It's a good thing I lived in the country or I'd have disrupted the entire town.

Ceej 01-27-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9354777)
That'd be fantastic...This Kansas team would wipe it's ass w/ Gonzaga.

I always think Gonzaga is over-rated every year.

This year I think they're pretty legit. They've got NBA size and talent in the front court.

CoMoChief 01-27-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9354852)
I always think Gonzaga is over-rated every year.

This year I think they're pretty legit. They've got NBA size and talent in the front court.

KU HAS JEFF ****ING WITHEY!!!! :evil:

Ceej 01-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9354872)
KU HAS JEFF ****ING WITHEY!!!! :evil:

Thanks! :thumb:

I had no idea!