ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

LowExpectations 09-11-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9961890)
What happened in DC last night, genius?

Eagles offense got tired, Redskins nearly came back. That's an excellent example of why teams don't "stop trying".

LOL. You are such a dumbass. Tell me more about beautiful screen passes.

ViperVisor 09-11-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961862)
Regardless, the point of that tweet I quoted was blasting your fellow friend OldFart's laughable assertion that Harbaugh held Smith back because of Harbaugh's own conservative nature.

2011 the entire offense was held back with the lockout.

Preseason Kaepernick threw 5 INTs. The same as Smith did all season.

Injuries to the WRs were a big problem.

How is having Smith throw 60% of his passes in quarters 1 and 2 being conservative with Smith?

True they didn't have much pass offense mid to deep. But that isn't what Smith does well and the team doesn't have a AJ Green or DeSean Jackson at WR.

With Kaepernick his strength is the middle to deep pass game.
Harbaugh and co adjust the offense to do more of it.

But lets not pretend the 400 yard games are going to be the norm.

It was a good game plan where the read-option was hardly used.
The pass protection was good.
The WRs and TEs were open and made catches and plays.

And it is Green Bay. Who are questioned as a playoff team because of the defense.
Last year Gabbert had a 300 yard game vs them.
Christian Ponder had probably his best career game vs them.

Remember last year after the New England game with all the TD passes?

The next week @ SEA

29 Passes
180 Yards
an INT

That was Kaepernick before a 4th Q garbage drive for a TD when the score was 6 -42.

AussieChiefsFan 09-11-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961896)
Eagles offense got tired, Redskins nearly came back. That's an excellent example of why teams don't "stop trying".

There's a difference between whoever the Jags put there at QB, and Robert Griffin III.

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

You're a ****ing moron.

Even Chip Kelly said they let up after jumping out to a huge lead.

How ****ing dumb are you?

LowExpectations 09-11-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 9961897)
2011 the entire offense was held back with the lockout.

Preseason Kaepernick threw 5 INTs. The same as Smith did all season.

Injuries to the WRs were a big problem.

How is having Smith throw 60% of his passes in quarters 1 and 2 being conservative with Smith?

True they didn't have much pass offense mid to deep. But that isn't what Smith does well and the team doesn't have a AJ Green or DeSean Jackson at WR.

With Kaepernick his strength is the middle to deep pass game.
Harbaugh and co adjust the offense to do more of it.

But lets not pretend the 400 yard games are going to be the norm.

It was a good game plan where the read-option was hardly used.
The pass protection was good.
The WRs and TEs were open and made catches and plays.

Remember last year after the New England game with all the TD passes?

The next week @ SEA

29 Passes
180 Yards
an INT

That was Kaepernick before a 4th Q garbage drive for a TD when the score was 6 -42.

Kaepernick put up the same points vs Seattle as Alex Smith did, difference was Kap's game was on the road(in that stadium) and the defense gave up 42 points instead of 6.

The rest is even worse logic, that I don't feel like getting into as I need to hit the sack soon.

Anyways, I wasn't comparing Kaepernick and Alex completely, I was comparing the 49ers aggressiveness with Kap as opposed to Smith.

Smith in KC is the same checkdown king he always was, and Kap is the same aggressive gunslinger he was last year.

Any other stats used to try and disprove that statement is fanboy-ism, which can be treated for by getting a life and destroying the AS shrine in your room.

LowExpectations 09-11-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9961915)
You're a ****ing moron.

Even Chip Kelly said they let up after jumping out to a huge lead.

How ****ing dumb are you?

Link?

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Hey Butt****, this is straight from Kelly:

Kelly let his foot off the pedal in the third quarter when the Eagles had a 33-7 lead, and it sounds like he thinks he might have been too quick to go from attack mode. Asked if he eased up too soon, he said, “We may have eased. The clock’s always running at this level. It’s a different game than in college. We have a lot to learn.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/10/chip-k...2_a9&eref=sihp

Shut your ****ing cockhole, moron.

vailpass 09-11-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9961922)

Kelly let his foot off the pedal in the third quarter when the Eagles had a 33-7 lead, and it sounds like he thinks he might have been too quick to go from attack mode. Asked if he eased up too soon, he said, “We may have eased. The clock’s always running at this level. It’s a different game than in college. We have a lot to learn.”

:D

AussieChiefsFan 09-11-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9961922)

Rep. :clap:

ViperVisor 09-11-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961916)
Anyways, I wasn't comparing Kaepernick and Alex completely, I was comparing the 49ers aggressiveness with Kap as opposed to Smith.

Smith in KC is the same checkdown king he always was, and Kap is the same aggressive gunslinger he was last year.

Any other stats used to try and disprove that statement is fanboy-ism, which can be treated for by getting a life and destroying the AS shrine in your room.

I admit and see the 49ers are a bit different with Kap. The offense is adjusted to a QBs strengths, of course.

Smith 09-12 is in the teen range of how far he targets guys down field.
aggressive gunslinger got a whole 4% more yards per attempt in 2012 than Smith.

Factual stats don't matter as much as your ignorance and person attacks?

Hammock Parties 09-11-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 9961928)
Smith 09-12 is in the teen range of how far he targets guys down field.
aggressive gunslinger got a whole 4% more yards per attempt in 2012 than Smith.

Yards per completion tells a different story.

Kaepernick was #1 or #2.

Smith was something like 24th.

Jakemall 09-11-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961814)
Yeah, pick Montana's worst statistical year with the 49ers as your point. That's real genuine, guy.

Even in that year, he averaged 212 per game. Somthing Smiff in today's pass happy league will not sniff.

Now fast forward to 89', where Montana won the superbowl and led the NFL with 270 yards per game.

You're an idiot of epic proportions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961824)
Did you see the 89' stat? I'm not comparing the 2 QB's. Only a fanboy would do that.

I'm arguing your point that "passing yards don't matter". You're now trying to save yourself by saying "leading the league in passing yards", but the real truth is that Montana for a 10 year run was quite productive at getting yards per game. If Alex Smith was averaging 240 yards per game, but not quite leading the league in passing yards, there'd be no real issues with Smith's play.

240 X 16= 3840. Think Alex ever gets there?

If you don't see that previous statement as a comparison, I just don't know what to tell you.

Just for the record, minus the Rams game where he didn't even play half the game, he averaged 207 yards per game. He was 196 in the previous season. Yup..he won't sniff 212 even in todays pass happy football.

I'd say stop posting before you make a fool of yourself...but it is too late.

Jakemall 09-11-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961916)
Kaepernick put up the same points vs Seattle as Alex Smith did When Alex was recovering from an injured throwing hand, difference was Kap's game was on the road(in that stadium) and the defense gave up 42 points instead of 6.

The rest is even worse logic, that I don't feel like getting into as I need to hit the sack soon.

FYP

splatbass 09-11-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9961824)
Did you see the 89' stat? I'm not comparing the 2 QB's. Only a fanboy would do that.

I'm arguing your point that "passing yards don't matter". You're now trying to save yourself by saying "leading the league in passing yards", but the real truth is that Montana for a 10 year run was quite productive at getting yards per game. If Alex Smith was averaging 240 yards per game, but not quite leading the league in passing yards, there'd be no real issues with Smith's play.

240 X 16= 3840. Think Alex ever gets there?

Passing yards is a poor indicator of how well the team does. If a team is behind the whole game they will have a LOT of passing yards even if they lose, and if a team has a big lead the whole game they will not pass much and have few passing yards.

I would rather have a team that wins by big margins and thus has a low amount of passing yards than a team with 400 yards that loses.

We seem to have a new generation raised on fantasy football that thinks stats are more important than score.

keg in kc 09-11-2013 01:24 AM

Most of the teams that win by big margins don't do it with a 'low amount of passing yards". Our win Sunday was an aberration in that regard.