ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-27-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8642829)
Yes, he does. That sumbitch was born to hit a baseball, plain and simple. And he's largely so undervalued that it isn't funny.

The story about the time and effort he puts into studying hitting was cool. I'm not sure why he's still a bit of an enigma to a lot of Royals fans. I guess because he's a lot more focussed on his job than smiling and being friendly in the media or something. Oh and he's not fast. Well to hell with him then.

tk13 05-27-2012 11:43 PM

I think people did the same thing with Ken Harvey. Although I don't think Harvey is as good as Butler... he was a guy who had hit everywhere he'd played, had a bit of success, did actually perform well the first-half of that All-Star year... but people just had to see Calvin Pickering, and somehow Baird got sucked into it.

DeezNutz 05-27-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8642836)
I think people did the same thing with Ken Harvey. Although I don't think Harvey is as good as Butler... he was a guy who had hit everywhere he'd played, had a bit of success, did actually perform well the first-half of that All-Star year... but people just had to see Calvin Pickering, and somehow Baird got sucked into it.

What? You're not, right? We're not seriously comparing Harvey to Butler on any level?

This is like the book ending to The Natural, if so.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-27-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8642836)

I mean this with all due respect but Ken Harvey was no Billy Butler.

tk13 05-27-2012 11:48 PM

I just said I don't think Harvey was as good as Butler. Do you people have a reading deficiency?

I meant as a general comparison as people get something in their head and that's that, even though Pickering was not as good as Ken Harvey.

DeezNutz 05-27-2012 11:48 PM

Harvey: career best OPS+ of 96.

Butler: career worst OPS+ 93. Five other seasons of above 100. Last four:
143 (so far this season)

But other than this...

DeezNutz 05-27-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8642847)
I just said I don't think Harvey was as good as Butler. Do you people have a reading deficiency?

I meant as a general comparison as people get something in their head and that's that, even though Pickering was not as good as Ken Harvey.

I read it and understood perfectly. Perhaps I'm too touchy, but the "I don't think" seems pretty damn unnecessary.

People who bitch about Butler don't really understand baseball or have been so jaded by Royals' shit that reality eludes them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-27-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8642847)

New here huh?

Sure-Oz 05-27-2012 11:52 PM

Butler is easily the best royals hitter, no question. The rest of these dipshits could learn from him

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-27-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8642855)
I read it and understood perfectly. Perhaps I'm too touchy, but the "I don't think" seems pretty damn unnecessary.

People who bitch about Butler don't really understand baseball or have been so jaded by Royals' shit that reality eludes them.

That pretty much sums it up.

DeezNutz 05-27-2012 11:52 PM

If he continues this pace, Butler will have serious HOF consideration, but I don't think a T-Bones reject is as good as him.

tk13 05-27-2012 11:54 PM

Yeah, but that's even more stupid. I've always defended Butler, he's a great hitter. You people are arguing just to argue at this point.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-27-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8642860)
Butler is easily the best royals hitter, no question. The rest of these dipshits could learn from him

As I said to lew, not just the Royals best hitter, one of the best in the game. Imagine him on a team like Texas where he has runners on base all the time when he hits.

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-27-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8642865)
Yeah, but that's even more stupid. I've always defended Butler, he's a great hitter. You people are arguing just to argue at this point.

I for one never argued with you. I only made what I felt was a point based on your post.

Shogun 05-27-2012 11:57 PM

Youre telling me you can hit a home run with people on base? wtf?