ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Art Vader 08-26-2013 10:20 AM

the confession was awesome!!! great twist.

at first I thought Jesse lost his hello kitty phone or something..
I think that scene could have been a bit more revealing of Jesse's thought process through a quick flashback visualization sequence, but it's whatever.. still awesome to see Pinkman flip the **** out.

underEJ 08-26-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9910607)
Yeah, right now I kind of dislike Anna Gunn more than Skylar.

If Gunn has a beef, it's with Vince Gilligan. Walter White is the American Male Midlife crisis. And while he's out there, tossing around Magnesium Fulminate and arranging for the assassination of 10 inmates in 2 minutes and digging holes in the desert big enough to bury Lone Wolf McQuaid's Bronco, she's bitching him out for using the wrong credit card.

Ugh, me too. I am so tired of the misogynist finger pointing. I love strong ass kicking women, and I want Walt to have a worthy adversary which Gunn confirms my assumptions was the intent. The problem is in the writing, and I'm starting to think now, in the acting. The Skyler they are putting on screen is not at all what they intended and you can't tell people to see something that isn't there. Just say "we wish we had portrayed that intent better, but clearly we missed the mark." Then try ****ing better next time.

Fire Me Boy! 08-26-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Vader (Post 9916351)
the confession was awesome!!! great twist.

at first I thought Jesse lost his hello kitty phone or something..
I think that scene could have been a bit more revealing of Jesse's thought process through a quick flashback visualization sequence, but it's whatever.. still awesome to see Pinkman flip the **** out.

Ugh. Please don't spoon feed the audience.

The Franchise 08-26-2013 10:44 AM

There was no flashback needed for anyone who watches the show. You can pinpoint the exact second it clicks in his brain.

KCUnited 08-26-2013 10:49 AM

If anything was forced it was Jessie firing up in Saul's office to showcase he had weed on him so Saul felt compelled to have ol boy steal it from him leading Jessie to make the last second connection.

Art Vader 08-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9916413)
Ugh. Please don't spoon feed the audience.

oh, I agree.. not laying it ALL out.. but it was pretty fast and uninformative in that split second.. a mild point of reference could have been made without leashing the audience...... it was all clarified seconds later anyhow.
namaste

notorious 08-26-2013 10:53 AM

I thought Saul was a dead man.

cosmo20002 08-26-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9915917)
Because the focus on using poison by them came up over and over in the show. Jesse knows in his gut that Walt will do anything and there is no line he won't cross to cover his ass or get what he wants. The kid being poisoned is a little more than coincidence given their history with trying to use this method. Jesse sees through Walt's bs speech in the dessert and then gets his pocket lifted again and while he may not have it pieced together he knows that mere coincidence and poisoning was somehow a result of Walt's doing as it was another means to manipulate Jesse to Walt's advantage. He didn't have to know, but it was enough to throw an already unstable person over and see there was no innocent coincidence only to be confirmed by Saul.

Yes, yes...but there's still no logical jump from "Walt was involved with taking the ricin" to "Walt poisoned Brock with Lily of the Valley."

When Jesse eventually confronts Walt about it, Walt is just going to say, "But he wasn't poisoned with ricin, it was Lily of the Valley!"

loochy 08-26-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9916459)
I thought Saul was a dead man.

I did too until I remembered that they are making a spinoff about him

cosmo20002 08-26-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9916096)
To you guys that are complaining about Jesse's epiphany about the poisoning:

Remember that Jesse is completely mentally unstable and on edge right now. It really doesn't matter if Jesse reached the correct conclusion or something completely untrue because right now any little thing could cause him to snap. In the end, it doesn't matter if he was really tricked by Saul or Walt or not. All that matters is what Jesse believes in his own mind and that made him freak out.

I don't think the epiphany about having the ricin lifted is unreasonable. But the epiphany that Walt must have posioned Brock with Lily of the Valley is stretch and just seems pretty easy and lazy of the writers. It is not a logical conclusion for Jesse to make, but we're supposed to buy it simply because Jesse is unstable and on edge.

I hate criticizing the show, because I think it is great, but I just think they really reached on this.

loochy 08-26-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9916462)
Yes, yes...but there's still no logical jump from "Walt was involved with taking the ricin" to "Walt poisoned Brock with Lily of the Valley."

When Jesse eventually confronts Walt about it, Walt is just going to say, "But he wasn't poisoned with ricin, it was Lily of the Valley!"

Yeah, but Jesse isn't in a right state of mind right now. He's lost it and I don't think it matters what Walt tells him anymore - even if it's the truth. All that matters is what is in Jesse's head.

loochy 08-26-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9916472)
I hate criticizing the show, because I think it is great, but I just think they really reached on this.

Meh, I liked it just because I didn't see it coming. I was kind of mad at Jesse for not just getting in the van and GTFO.

cosmo20002 08-26-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9916442)
If anything was forced it was Jessie firing up in Saul's office to showcase he had weed on him so Saul felt compelled to have ol boy steal it from him leading Jessie to make the last second connection.

Yeah, that too.

Fire Me Boy! 08-26-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9916462)

I think the epiphany wasn't about the ricin/lily of the valley poisoning... it was that Walt played him again. Remember when Walt helped Jessie "find" the ricin cigarette? Walt knew all along it wasn't the ricin and let Jessie sweat it. That ties him to the poisoning.

journeyscarab 08-26-2013 11:32 AM

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...ad-confessions

Good explanations behind the episode. It explains that Jessie figures out Walt was involved in the poisoning of the kid and that he's being played again.

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/vi...s-breaking-bad