ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

RealSNR 04-23-2013 10:50 AM

Do you see what Joeckel has done to me? He's forced me to root for this shitty ****ing Albert trade in the hopes that we can still corral together enough draft ammo to move up and take Geno or Barkley. And that's if either of them drop like is expected at this point.

Messier 04-23-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligula (Post 9616769)
and in spite of that it has still been - amazingly - 'too risky' every single year to draft a QB...still 'too risky' this year

we are a clown franchise...just the worst of the worst

Its not risky, just stupid.

hometeam 04-23-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9616819)
Its not risky, just stupid.

Not this again.

Deberg_1990 04-23-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligula (Post 9616769)
and in spite of that it has still been - amazingly - 'too risky' every single year to draft a QB...still 'too risky' this year

we are a clown franchise...just the worst of the worst

I cant hold Dorsey/Reid accountable for the sins of Peterson/Piioli.

Mr. Laz 04-23-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9616816)
Do you see what Joeckel has done to me? He's forced me to root for this shitty ****ing Albert trade in the hopes that we can still corral together enough draft ammo to move up and take Geno or Barkley. And that's if either of them drop like is expected at this point.

pretty sure you did that to yourself

Rausch 04-23-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9616656)
I don't think you understand how many people actually get upset with a Chiefs loss. People, in the past, have talked about how they throw and break things when the Chiefs do poorly.

Guilty.

Last season was so pathetic winning meant Pissholi, Ca$$hole, and Romeo fired.

And it felt goooOOOOOOooood...

BossChief 04-23-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9616865)
I cant hold Dorsey/Reid accountable for the sins of Peterson/Piioli.

You're right...but can't we grade them on their mistakes?

Glenn Dorsey left in free agency to play the 1 gap nose for the 49ers.

No other team was willing to give up 2 picks for Alex Smith, but we gave up 2 second rounders for him.

We are trading a solid left tackle for peanuts so that we can draft a replacement left tackle with the first pick in the draft.

Signing Sean Smith and Dunte Robinson to deals that average almost 12 million per year when they both get burnt a lot.

I'm honestly not trying to trash these guys...I have hope they are gonna do the right things that it takes to win big games...but I see some things so far that I personally disagree with.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Carlota69 04-23-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9616905)

No other team was willing to give up 2 picks for Alex Smith, but we gave up 2 second rounders for him.

We are trading a solid left tackle for peanuts so that we can draft a replacement left tackle with the first pick in the draft.

Signing Sean Smith and Dunte Robinson to deals that average almost 12 million per year when they both get burnt a lot.

I'm honestly not trying to trash these guys...I have hope they are gonna do the right things that it takes to win big games...but I see some things so far that I personally disagree with.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Maybe there was another team willing to give up 2 2nds, but ours were higher?
Maybe Dorsey didnt want to play in KC no matter what, and playing for SF sounded a whole lot better to him?
And maybe we dont know exactly what we are getting for Albert, since the trade hasnt happened. Maybe its more like Pecans instead of peanuts?

The point is, we dont know the whole story, yet.

nychief 04-23-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9616905)

Hopefully I'm wrong.

point of view.

Dorsey is a bust who didn't fit our system - we upgraded the run d with devito.

re: smith they got the guy they wanted in a weak year for QBs both in FA and the draft.

They upgraded LT and saved money to boot, by taking the best player in the draft - flipping a redundant player to recoup a pick given away for smith (presumably)

Smith and Robinson are upgrades over Arenas et al...

look I don't agree with all these moves....BUT lets maybe get to TC or, sigh, actual football before jumping off the bridge.

philfree 04-23-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9616925)
point of view.

re: smith they got the guy they wanted in a weak year for QBs both in FA and the draft.

They upgraded LT and saved money to boot, by taking the best player in the draft - flipping a redundant player to recoup a pick given away for smith (presumably)

look I don't agree with all these moves....BUT lets maybe get to TC or, sigh, actual football before jumping off the bridge.

Yeah I think some should just go ahead and jump.

tredadda 04-23-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

point of view.

^ This. These guys were great hires until they didn't do what CP wanted them to do and now before even one game has been played some are already on board with thinking these guys were mistakes who don't know what they are doing.

keg in kc 04-23-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9616935)
^ This. These guys were great hires until they didn't do what CP wanted them to do and now before even one game has been played some are already on board with thinking these guys were mistakes who don't know what they are doing.

I've actually been saying the reid hire was a mistake since the day it was made, because I feared he would do exactly what he's been doing.

buddha 04-23-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

point of view.

I agree with all of this.

Some assholes on this board complain about EVERYTHING...they are so butthurt from Chiefs mistakes of the past, that they are just certain that every current and future move is doomed to fail. Well, all of them except the ones that match their own herd mentality (i.e. Geno Smith = RGIII)

Hammock Parties 04-23-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9616964)
I agree with all of this.

Some assholes on this board complain about EVERYTHING...

Actually mostly we just complain a lot about the important stuff: i.e. Alex Smith and 1.1.

This is the important shit, and it's being ****ed up.

keg in kc 04-23-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9616746)
Albert was a good pick.

Again, that's one of those situations where we're taking "good" picks. Derrick Johnson has been a good pick for this franchise. Very valuable. He's exactly what you want when it comes to drafting players in the first round.

Albert is the same. It's a shame he priced himself out of a contract extension. Either way, he learned, grew, and became a pretty good player in his time with the Chiefs.

In both cases, we could have had QBs that we "didn't need" at the time. We had Green and needed defense, thus the Johnson pick. We didn't have a QB in 2008, but getting a talented offensive linemen like Albert was important to grab before we took chances on projects like Joe Flacco.

And I have a feeling we're about to repeat the same mistake with Joeckel.

Good picks are good things when you're selecting in the middle of the round. When you're picking at #1 you're not supposed to be looking for the next Branden Albert.