ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Killer aps for the iPhone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190700)

Elwaysux 09-05-2008 03:37 PM

Anyone having problems with the 2.0 upgrade? Today I tried again and once again it crashed my IPhone. I have to wait until 5:30 to get into tech support at the Apple Store to get it up and going again. This is the second time trying to download the upgrade has crashed it. Last time they said my Itunes were corrupted. I like the phone and the internet access but I cannot afford to be down for 5 hours when the download dumps it.

Shag 09-05-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 4982964)
Is iSSH worth a crap?

I just bought it the other day, but it seems to work fine so far. Digging around my linux servers a bit didn't uncover any issues. I wouldn't want to do any major work/troubleshooting on it, but having a pocket SSH client could prove to be a lifesaver for me for those relatively minor issues that pop up off-hours...

Silock 09-05-2008 09:56 PM

Don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch. I bought Lumen, and it's totally worth it.

Thousands of puzzles to solve in it, and some are incredibly hard. Granted, some are ridiculously easy, but since there are so many to choose from, I doubt you'll ever do the same one twice.

HC_Chief 09-06-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 4982960)
Phone Saber dude. LOL

They pulled that one due to licensing issues, which is total crap IMO. It's a FREE useless app. It's not like the developers were trying to rip off the Star Wars franchise. sheesh

Luckily I already had a copy of it. You can drag & drop the apps straight out of iTunes into a folder; that's the whole file! I copied it from my Mac to my wife's, then to her iPhone w/o incident. Simple drag & drop.

BigChiefFan 09-06-2008 09:16 AM

Where do you get these applications from?

headsnap 09-06-2008 09:16 AM

Aurora Feint - The game is super addictive, best $0 I ever spent!

NewChief 09-06-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4984827)

On the iPhone, there's an "Apps Store" icon. You connect to it, then then browse through the apps and select one. They then download onto the phone.

QuikSsurfer 09-06-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4984827)

App store is also on itunes.

KCFalcon59 09-09-2008 09:46 PM

Just downloaded Air Sharing. It is free for the first 2 weeks. Allows you to wirelessly share files between your iPhone and computers. Pretty darn cool.

irishjayhawk 09-09-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 5000998)
Just downloaded Air Sharing. It is free for the first 2 weeks. Allows you to wirelessly share files between your iPhone and computers. Pretty darn cool.

As did I.

Also, sportstacular beats Sportstap.

KCFalcon59 09-09-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 5001002)
As did I.

Also, sportstacular beats Sportstap.

I like it too. Thought this past weekend it was having trouble accessing it's server. Scoremobile is nice also.

NewChief 09-10-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 5000998)

Oh damn. That's nice. Can you DL the files onto your iPhone?

That's my main issue with the iPhone at the moment, is that I want to be able to manage files with a finder and treat the thing like a hard drive if necessary. For instance, my wife uses a lot of .pdfs in her design work, and it would be nice if she could save them to the iPhone for quick presentation to people if necessary.

I know there are workarounds and apps that do it, but it annoys me that Apple didn't build that very basic functionality into it.

irishjayhawk 09-10-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5001412)

That's my main issue with the iPhone at the moment, is that I want to be able to manage files with a finder and treat the thing like a hard drive if necessary. For instance, my wife uses a lot of .pdfs in her design work, and it would be nice if she could save them to the iPhone for quick presentation to people if necessary.

I know there are workarounds and apps that do it, but it annoys me that Apple didn't build that very basic functionality into it.

You can read files on the iphone with AirShare.

KCFalcon59 09-10-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 5001412)

I transferred files between computers last night.

irishjayhawk 09-29-2008 10:48 PM

Anyone try facebook 2.0?

Damn fine application.