ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt wanted to keep Scott Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273998)

Ace Gunner 06-21-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9767249)
is our Clark reeruned?

I think so, at least when it comes to pro football.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9767272)
I find this extremely hard to believe.

I also find most of our 'insiders' here on the board much more reliable that Blob Gretz.

that's reasonable -- considering Gretz actually knows the Hunts and speaks with them occasionally, whereas the cp gang largely doesn't even go to arrowhead, much less actually know the Hunt family.

tomahawk kid 06-21-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9767288)
that's reasonable -- considering Gretz actually knows the Hunts and speaks with them occasionally, whereas the cp gang largely doesn't even go to arrowhead, much less actually know the Hunt family.

So you find it plausible that the Hunts, much less Clark, would give Blob details of the vote to oust Pioli and therefore throw their brother (or in Clark's case - himself) under the bus?

Chief_For_Life58 06-21-2013 01:14 PM

obviously he wanted to keep pioli...clarks just as dumb as scott

SAUTO 06-21-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9767294)
So you find it plausible that the Hunts, much less Clark, would give Blob details of the vote of oust Pioli and therefore throw their brother (or in Clark's case - himself) under the bus?

exactly

CoMoChief 06-21-2013 01:14 PM

Well there ya go.....Clark either doesn't know anything about how to make critical decisions as to what's best for the team, or he doesn't care and only $$$ is the real issue to him.

Good thing it came down to a vote, so at least someone with a brain could at least cancel out his dumbass.

Ace Gunner 06-21-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9767294)
So you find it plausible that the Hunts, much less Clark, would give Blob details of the vote to oust Pioli and therefore throw their brother (or in Clark's case - himself) under the bus?

I didn't say that. I said Gretz is a reliable source for Chiefs news and this place is a destination point for that news. but I can see how that would confuse you into thinking it's the other way around.

Canofbier 06-21-2013 01:23 PM

I'm not able to access the article (subscription needed), but does the article touch on Clark's motivation? I have no doubt that he was in close contact with all the people in the voting group, and it wouldn't surprise me if he knew ahead of time that everyone else would vote to can him. In that situation, is it really that surprising that he would vote in favor of his multi-year colleague as a gesture of good faith?

notorious 06-21-2013 01:26 PM

If that is how reeruned our owner is we might as well jettison this garbage franchise right now.

the Talking Can 06-21-2013 01:37 PM

if the fans don't freak out and take a steaming dump on arrowhead, pioli is still here...

Clark was as interested in firing pioli as he was actually drafting a QB

Cannibal 06-21-2013 01:39 PM

Pioli Would Have Given Cassel Yet Another Chance.

notorious 06-21-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9767341)
Pioli Would Have Given Cassel Yet Another Chance.

This shouldn't piss me off, but for some reason it still does.

BlackHelicopters 06-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9767216)
Expect Little From “Media” Member Pioli
June 20, 2013 - Bob Gretz | Comments (14)

It happened near the end of the disastrous 2012 Chiefs season. Whether the moment came during a face-to-face meeting or over a conference call isn’t known. But the key members of the Hunt Family football franchise took a vote.

The voters numbered six, including Lamar Jr., Sharron, Clark and Daniel Hunt – all four of the team’s owners. Also part of the moment was Lee Derrough, former president & CEO of Hunt Midwest Enterprises and now a trustee of the Lamar Hunt and family interests in Kansas City. The sixth person involved was team president Mark Donovan.

The subject was the future of Scott Pioli as the franchise’s general manager. How much discussion, if any, that went on is not clear. What is known is that a vote was taken on whether to keep Pioli, or fire him after four years in charge of the Chiefs.

The vote was 5-1, in favor of dumping Pioli. The only vote in his favor came from Clark Hunt. …Read More!

http://www.bobgretz.com/

What?

Chiefs Pantalones 06-21-2013 01:46 PM

This is not surprising. If this was a new, reborn Clark we wouldn't have a retread like Alex ****ing Smith QBing our Chiefs like we always do. He would've made sure a high drafted QB is on the roster right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-21-2013 01:46 PM

There's a possibility that Clark wanted to play good guy since he was the person who actually had to sit down face to face with Scott and shit-can him:

"Welp, I voted for you buddy, but majority says pack your shit and hit the bricks"!