ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Flanagan: Iowa fans flood KCTV with complaints over storm coverage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137284)

Sully 03-14-2006 09:20 AM

I just wish there was a channel on which they ONLY tracked weather, focusing on spots around the country where the weather is bad. Oh... dreams.

Yes...... I know not everyone has cable.

Chief Henry 03-14-2006 09:29 AM

Don't piss off IOWA fans.... :bang:

Go Hawkeyes :IA:

BigChiefFan 03-14-2006 09:32 AM

I can see both sides of this argument.

Eleazar 03-14-2006 09:34 AM

If there's a freaking tornado, fine. Warn people. But don't spend hours on end covering a freaking hail storm. :rolleyes:

patteeu 03-14-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
If there's a freaking tornado, fine. Warn people. But don't spend hours on end covering a freaking hail storm. :rolleyes:

That's for sure. In between periodic warnings of truly life-threatening moments (e.g. actual tornados), they can track the progress of the storms using crawls and picture in picture if their weather departments really need to justify their existance.

HC_Chief 03-14-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

No doubt.
The weather phuqtards drone on & on about a <i>possible</i> cell 50 miles SE of the metro in the middle of some sorghum fields. When not droning, they plaster gargantuan weather maps over 33% of the screen - blocking the PROGRAM PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO WATCH.

FFS, use a crawl! You don't need to interrupt every three mintutes to tell us "derrr yep, it's rainin', derrrrrr! Wind shore been blowin' hard too! derrrr". And stop covering the screen with your goddamn graphics! Check out ESPN some time. Or one of the cable news channels. Notice the crawl? Notice how little space it uses on screen, yet provides tons of information? That's called CONTENT. Pull your heads out of your fucking asses. :grr:

beavis 03-14-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

The most tornadic weekend on record in Missouri = hail storm? :rolleyes:

tk13 03-14-2006 12:34 PM

I was gonna say... I didn't live through it over there but there were over 100 tornado reports and several fatalies... it was the worst US tornado outbreak in 3 or 4 years... not just a hail storm or two.

sedated 03-14-2006 12:41 PM

That was driving me crazy. They followed that hail storm all the way past Sedalia!

Meanwhile the game is actually close, and they just kept saying the same thing over and over.

What a disgrace.

If they pull this shit at ANY point during The Dance, I'm gonna burn down Channel 5.

Bowser 03-14-2006 12:43 PM

Katie Horner?

Ugh. With a capital Ugh.

tk13 03-14-2006 12:49 PM

I'm actually surprised... I didn't realize this many people hated it... I think there are times where weatherpeople are overzealous about this stuff, but when there's a major tornado outbreak that's a pretty serious deal.

chiefqueen 03-14-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I'm actually surprised... I didn't realize this many people hated it... I think there are times where weatherpeople are overzealous about this stuff, but when there's a major tornado outbreak that's a pretty serious deal.

I agree it's serious, but Channel 5 aired the ENTIRE selection show (which I didn't think they would) and scrolled a crawl line during the show telling viewers to turn to Ch. 62 (owned by Ch. 5) if they wanted to watch weather coverage.

That fact leads me to believe the line Ch. 5 gave the Star about how they still would have preempted the game if it was KU was a bunch of :cuss:.

Demonpenz 03-14-2006 01:10 PM

thats what the sirens are for. GO downstairs and watch tv if the sirens are on

Garcia Bronco 03-14-2006 01:15 PM

Oh...so he couldn't do it because of paperwork...that's what he said....somebody get the guy a government job.

I would have pulled the trigger...and in the days of cell phones and email...not being able to get someone on the phone when you're a 365-24-7 business is a joke. This guy should be demoted.