ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Any chance we draft Jarrett or Smardzija? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155758)

InChiefsHeaven 01-03-2007 10:15 PM

Samie is not our worst problem by far. We will go DT or CB or something, but our first rounder will not be a WR. And probably shouldn't be.

Silock 01-03-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole
Is there ever?

True... not like that's stopped us before.

BWillie 01-03-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
True... not like that's stopped us before.

You gotta take what you get. I don't think any D-Tackle we get could be as big of a bust as Ryan Simms. I just don't think it's possible.

Frosty 01-03-2007 10:23 PM

If there are any stud OL, DL or CB players available when the Chiefs pick in the first round, get them then and then pick up USC's Steve Smith in the second.

Bowser 01-03-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
If there are any stud OL, DL or CB players available when the Chiefs pick in the first round, get them then and then pick up USC's Steve Smith in the second.

No way he lasts until we pick in the second. He may not MAKE the second.

milkman 01-03-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell
Samie is not our worst problem by far. We will go DT or CB or something, but our first rounder will not be a WR. And probably shouldn't be.

If a WR is the best athlete on the board, a WR damn well should be our first rounder.

There isn't one position on this team that can't be upgraded.

supercoupe91 01-03-2007 10:27 PM

Defensive End cannot be upgraded.

Silock 01-03-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
If a WR is the best athlete on the board, a WR damn well should be our first rounder.

There isn't one position on this team that can't be upgraded.

RB.

Frosty 01-03-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
No way he lasts until we pick in the second. He may not MAKE the second.

I've seen late second, early third. I'm betting though, that after the combine, Jarrett and Smith will trade places. I don't think Jarrett will run a good time and the Mike Williams whispers will start, droppping his stock. That kind of crap always seems to happen after the combine.

milkman 01-03-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

RB.

We certainly aren't going to replace LJ, but it would be nice to find one that can take about 100 carries.

I'm sure the same question could have been raised when LJ was picked.

Hoover 01-03-2007 10:33 PM

I think we should keep Parker as a #3. We lack any type of quality WR depth.

Silock 01-03-2007 10:33 PM

Well, he said "upgraded." There's building depth, and then there's upgrading. Drafting a stud RB would be for depth, not to upgrade the position.

milkman 01-03-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Well, he said "upgraded." There's building depth, and then there's upgrading. Drafting a stud RB would be for depth, not to upgrade the position.

If you upgrade depth, you are upgrading the position.

LJ isn't a position, he's the top player on the team at his position.

supercoupe91 01-03-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

We certainly aren't going to replace LJ, but it would be nice to find one that can take about 100 carries.

I'm sure the same question could have been raised when LJ was picked.

Adrian Peterson can take 100 carries.

Silock 01-03-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

If you upgrade depth, you are upgrading the position.

LJ isn't a position, he's the top player on the team at his position.

Semantics. In any case, I doubt we'd be able to draft anyone that would be better than Bennett at this point.