ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So...I'm producing a play. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208062)

pr_capone 05-24-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5789308)
It's the one I pm'ed you about.

Can you resend that PM please. I must have missed something. The last PM I got from you stated that she was on the board but never mentioned the name.

cheers!

Rausch 05-24-2009 01:59 PM

You should make all the women wear tunic tops and all the men wear those three wolves and a moon shirts...

Pioli Zombie 05-24-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5789144)
My wife is on the board of a theatre company in Denver, which is one of only three theatres in the state that uses full-time professional actors in its plays. They're quite good.

We went to a show this week, and it was kind of an unusual one in that they did four short biographical plays about local celebrities (our Governor, a well-known local singer, former Bronco Reggie Rivers, and a local businesswoman). Between each play, they auctioned off something related - beer with the governor, dinner with Reggie Rivers, etc.

One auction item was different, though. It was a party for 75 people at the theater, and as part of the event they will write and perform a 15 to 30-minute play on any topic you choose. My company is having our tenth anniversary this summer and we'd been pondering ideas for an innovative celebration. My wife looked at each other and thought, "Heyyyy...."

So we bid on it, and we won. We're going to invite a bunch of clients and potential clients to our party and then perform a play about the history of our company. Cool, eh?

I'm hoping they pick a handsome guy to play me.

Didn't you play the Dad in "Little Miss Sunshine"?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 05-24-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 5789339)
Or at least make a cameo appearance as a flunkie. The flunkies in Rain Man's sweatshop would probably get a kick out of that.

Oh, hey. I'd be just like Alfred Hitchcock.

Rain Man 05-24-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5789313)
what is up with the Belicheat sig?

It's not mine. I kill it and then it comes back. And then I kill it again and it comes back again.

Rain Man 05-24-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5789432)
Can you resend that PM please. I must have missed something. The last PM I got from you stated that she was on the board but never mentioned the name.

cheers!

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

Jilly 05-24-2009 04:53 PM

I know how about a teacher who goes into an inner city to teach hopeless students but because he is do cool they miraculously as to learn . That's original don't you think ?

Rain Man 05-24-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 5790143)
I know how about a teacher who goes into an inner city to teach hopeless students but because he is do cool they miraculously as to learn . That's original don't you think ?

That's a great idea. No one's ever done that before.

Whatever it is, I think it will be performed in the costumes from "Cats".

bdeg 05-24-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5790168)
That's a great idea. No one's ever done that before.

Whatever it is, I think it will be performed in the costumes from "Cats".

be careful, once your employees witness what it would be like to wear a cat costume to the office, you may never be able to stop them.

normally, as the boss, you could just fire them if they refuse, but who could fire a cute little cat??(at least with your female employees, it would likely produce the opposite response to see a male wearing that to work... and quick.)

and then you've got a lot to explain it to the clients... have to leave out a saucer of milk... and add litter boxes to the restrooms... train the employees to use them... it just seems like more trouble than it's worth(unless you're into that sort of thing, NTTAWWT)

great idea, though. very unique, should be a lot of fun. good timing

pr_capone 05-24-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5790098)
Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

got it!

many thanks

crispystl 05-24-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5790190)
got it!

many thanks

Could you produce some plays for the Chiefs by chance? We have cap room.

Chaunceythe3rd 05-24-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5789160)
What is the name of the Theater?

I would like to check out what they are showing during my trip up there.

Jeez, what a loser. Maybe you could stop by the hospital on the way home and get a staph infection. That would be really interesting.