ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Verizon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280708)

dannybcaitlyn 01-17-2014 06:34 AM

I have unlimited data with Verizon and I usually just go on Ebay and buy a phone so I don't lose my data plan. It sucks, but at least I'm still unlimited. Then again I don't need the newest I -phone every year either. Plus my company gives me a 22% discount on my plan from verizon.

Buehler445 01-17-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 10374773)
I have unlimited data with Verizon and I usually just go on Ebay and buy a phone so I don't lose my data plan. It sucks, but at least I'm still unlimited. Then again I don't need the newest I -phone every year either. Plus my company gives me a 22% discount on my plan from verizon.

Yeah. I've considered doing that. The last time my wife upgraded we apparently got on a plan for her phone and mine was added or some shit. Anyway, my current bill is equivalent cost to a 6 GB share everything plan.

I looked through my last 12 bills and I never got above 6 GB total usage. I may just roll with that and quit ****ing with it. Problem will be the next time they change plans I'll be looking at the same thing. More or equal money, less data.

There is a Next-tech dealer in town. I'm going to talk to them before I do anything. My buddy said they've got unlimited data but I didn't see it on their site.

KCFaninSEA 01-17-2014 08:11 AM

I'm in the same situation as you. The security of "unlimited" is nice but I have WiFi at work, home and pretty much where ever I go when I need data. I only use about 3gb a month. I think they just want people to try to use WiFi rather than not care and just rack up data every day. This has pushed people to, in their mind, be more data responsible.

Buehler445 01-17-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 10374807)
I'm in the same situation as you. The security of "unlimited" is nice but I have WiFi at work, home and pretty much where ever I go when I need data. I only use about 3gb a month. I think they just want people to try to use WiFi rather than not care and just rack up data every day. This has pushed people to, in their mind, be more data responsible.

See that's the problem. I have huge stretches of time where I'm not around wifi and still need to use my phone.

But over the last year, the most I've used is 4.5 (according to the bill anyway).
So I'm thinking I'll be OK, it's just a PIA.

unlurking 01-17-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10374814)
See that's the problem. I have huge stretches of time where I'm not around wifi and still need to use my phone.

But over the last year, the most I've used is 4.5 (according to the bill anyway).
So I'm thinking I'll be OK, it's just a PIA.

Doing the numbers for the two unlimited lines on my plan, I found I'd be better off without the unlimited pricing (or equal to) if I used less than 12GB per line on average. Overage charges aren't as bad as they used to be, but that's still a long way down for me. I travel a bit, and tether constantly. I don't use hotel networks or untrusted wifi.