ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life -- Discuss places who offer a nice Country Fried Steak dinner w/ gravy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289625)

Hammock Parties 01-01-2015 12:05 AM

I have been to Goodson's. Completely overrated place. 7/10 chicken fried steak.

Now the place that serves the best chicken fried steak I've ever had...LAMBERT'S. Also known as Home of the Throwed Rolls. The only restaurant in Springfield, MO I actually like.

https://adventurerintraining.files.w...1/photo-71.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts 01-01-2015 12:08 AM

On my list to try!

Simply Red 01-01-2015 12:09 AM

I would plow that arrangement in the skillet.

Otter 01-01-2015 12:10 AM

Thread reminds me of a Man v Food episode. Love me some chicken friend steak every now and then. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UcK0VRbBmbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Czervik 01-01-2015 12:12 AM

RC's has a pretty good CFS

Simply Red 01-01-2015 12:28 AM

Guys please accompany your posts with a photo - Especially if it's a less common or not known distributor. Heck even a link to their menu will be more appreciated versus nothing. Thank you again for your understanding with this.

TimBone 01-01-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses (Post 11233274)
I have been to Goodson's. Completely overrated place. 7/10 chicken fried steak.

Now the place that serves the best chicken fried steak I've ever had...LAMBERT'S. Also known as Home of the Throwed Rolls. The only restaurant in Springfield, MO I actually like.

https://adventurerintraining.files.w...1/photo-71.jpg

I actually agree. Overrated, but still good. The town my parents live in had a restaurant that served the best I ever had. Hole in the wall place in a town of about 900 people. The restaurant burned down a couple of years ago though.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2015 12:31 AM

In general though I think chicken fried steak is kinda overrated and any place trying to turn it into some gourmet shit is stealing from you.

I go to Lambert's more for the pass arounds anyway. Their fried okra is the bomb.

Gotta have my chicken fried steak, fried okra and mashed potatoes with cream gravy once a year...and a few rolls lobbed at my head and covered in sorghum and butter.

srvy 01-01-2015 12:38 AM

My Dad loved Sorghum he was from Sedalia. I hated the stuff but when he was alive we made the trek there to pick up a few jars.

Simply Red 01-01-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11233314)
My Dad loved Sorghum he was from Sedalia. I hated the stuff but when he was alive we made the trek there to pick up a few jars.

what's that? What is Sorghum? I'm a little frightened as you say 'jars.'

Simply Red 01-01-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses (Post 11233308)
In general though I think chicken fried steak is kinda overrated and any place trying to turn it into some gourmet shit is stealing from you.

I go to Lambert's more for the pass arounds anyway. Their fried okra is the bomb.

Gotta have my chicken fried steak, fried okra and mashed potatoes with cream gravy once a year...and a few rolls lobbed at my head and covered in sorghum and butter.

What's sorghum please?

srvy 01-01-2015 01:00 AM

Its a cereal grain but they extract a syrup from it it looks like honey or molasses but has a unique flavor hard to describe.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2015 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11233329)
What's sorghum please?

Sweet sorghum is any of the many varieties of the sorghum grass whose stalks have a high sugar content. Sweet sorghum thrives better under drier and warmer conditions than many other crops and is grown primarily for forage, silage, and syrup production. Sweet sorghum syrup is sometimes called "molasses" or "sorghum molasses" in some regions of the U.S., but the term molasses more properly refers to a different sweet syrup, made as a byproduct of sugarcane or sugar beet sugar extraction.

Anyway, it's kind of like honey. It has a slightly different flavor though. A bit tart.

Simply Red 01-01-2015 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Alex's Losses (Post 11233340)
Sweet sorghum is any of the many varieties of the sorghum grass whose stalks have a high sugar content. Sweet sorghum thrives better under drier and warmer conditions than many other crops and is grown primarily for forage, silage, and syrup production. Sweet sorghum syrup is sometimes called "molasses" or "sorghum molasses" in some regions of the U.S., but the term molasses more properly refers to a different sweet syrup, made as a byproduct of sugarcane or sugar beet sugar extraction.

Anyway, it's kind of like honey. It has a slightly different flavor though. A bit tart.

Sounds amazing! - thanks again! You think it's available in Georgia?

MMXcalibur 01-01-2015 01:03 AM

Cracker Barrel is pretty good.
Black Eyed Pea also.