ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane has passed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291754)

Barret 04-07-2015 01:56 PM

I heard he had a lot of money riding on Wisconsin in the tourny.....but those Darn Duke boys did it to him again!!!!

Easy 6 04-07-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11423674)
Are you sure?
This seems like a question for Baby Lee, but I recall Dukes of Hazzard was followed by my parents claiming the family room so they could watch Dallas.

Dont push your luck with Gonzo...

Dallas was at 9 after the Hulk, time for the adults to get down.

alpha_omega 04-07-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Are you sure?
This seems like a question for Baby Lee, but I recall Dukes of Hazzard was followed by my parents claiming the family room so they could watch Dallas.

That was later....in the early 80's it was....

Dukes
Dallas
Falcon Crest

Gadzooks 04-07-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Are you sure?

That's how I remember it. Dukes then Dallas. (oh yeah, RIP Rosco)

wazu 04-07-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 11423691)
I heard he had a lot of money riding on Wisconsin in the tourny.....but those Darn Duke boys did it to him again!!!!

/thread

Loved Dukes of Hazard as a kid. Every Friday I looked forward to it all day and was bummed when it was over. Would watch all the final credits. And yes, Dallas immediately followed it.

Easy 6 04-07-2015 04:07 PM

Dont care how ya'll remember it, atleast for a while it was Dukes, Hulk, Dallas.

Might've changed when Hulk was cancelled or something, but I'm not all ****ed up on this, I'd swear it.

Coochie liquor 04-07-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 11423414)
RIP

Roscoe was one of the best characters on television at the time. And definitely the best one on that show. Well played Mr. Best.

Remember him from a number of Burt Reynolds movies...and a few westerns too.

Sorry, but IMO it was Daisy Duke. Any scene without her, just couldn't compare...

wazu 04-07-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11423990)
Dont care how ya'll remember it, atleast for a while it was Dukes, Hulk, Dallas.

Might've changed when Hulk was cancelled or something, but I'm not all ****ed up on this, I'd swear it.

Maybe in the 70s. My time watching would have been 80s mostly. I knew the Dallas theme by heart. When it ended and the show began I was done with TV for the night.

Easy 6 04-07-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11423998)
Sorry, but IMO it was Daisy Duke. Any scene without her, just couldn't compare...

I will forever cherish the letter I got back from "her" when I penned what must've been a truly salacious fan letter full of hot come-ons like...

"You r so pritty"

"Luv yuo so MUCH"

"Wish I cood meet you and the Duke Boys"

cosmo20002 04-07-2015 04:49 PM

When Dukes got to about the 3th season, I remember tormenting my little brother...
Pretty much every commercial break was a freeze of the General Lee going over a cliff or something and Waylon Jennings saying something like, "Well, I don't think the Duke boys are going to get out of this one..."

And I'd say, "Nope, they're dead. The Dukes of Hazzard is over," and then pretend to turn the channel.
"Nooooo! Mommmmmm!"
Ah, good times...

Reerun_KC 04-07-2015 04:53 PM

I remember when my some was 6 about 11 years ago and spending a whole weekend on crappy winter watching dukes reruns after reruns. He was a huge fan of Roscoe.

Good times

Reerun_KC 04-07-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11424026)
When Dukes got to about the 3th season, I remember tormenting my little brother...
Pretty much every commercial break was a freeze of the General Lee going over a cliff or something and Waylon Jennings saying something like, "Well, I don't think the Duke boys are going to get out of this one..."

And I'd say, "Nope, they're dead. The Dukes of Hazzard is over," and then pretend to turn the channel.
"Nooooo! Mommmmmm!"
Ah, good times...

Dude. That was so mean

Easy 6 04-07-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11424026)

"Nooooo! Mommmmmm!"
Ah, good times...

So yeah, you're saying you've always been a mean spirited sort... even to your own family?

LMAO

But nah, its good to see you spill something personal once in a while... it helps remind everyone that you're actually human and not some democrat computer program sent on a seek and destroy mission against all who oppose them.

More cosmo, less democrat killing machine... that'd be a swell changeup.

cosmo20002 04-07-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11424041)
So yeah, you're saying you've always been a mean spirited sort... even to your own family?

LMAO

But nah, its good to see you spill something personal once in a while... it helps remind everyone that you're actually human and not some democrat computer program sent on a seek and destroy mission against all who oppose them.

More cosmo, less democrat killing machine... that'd be a swell changeup.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-07-2015 05:12 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(e-gue-gue-gue-gue...)