ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ****Official Super Bowl XLV Gamethread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241288)

Bugeater 02-06-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7410188)
I'll probably end up at a someone else's house.

If I make it up to Nebraska can I watch the game with you?

Heh, sure. I'll be at the American Legion in Millard.

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7410028)
according to mort

NFL plans to have a London franchise within 6 years

An idea - fix this CBA situation that looms, THEN worry about an overseas team.....

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:27 AM

I would make fun of Nebraska for having a town named Millard, but I recently saw a sign in Missouri for a town named Roach.

Roach. Seriously. What inbred actually thought a town named Roach would be a good idea?

milkman 02-06-2011 11:27 AM

I've said this elsewhere.

This game has the potential to be every bit as competitive and entertaining as SB XIII, which I consider to be the best SB ever played.

Two great defenses battling to contain two QBs that are among the best at extending plays and making big plays from that.

I really believe it's goig to come down to which QB can make the big plays late, and I would never bet against Ben Roethlisberger.

This has a 36-33 type feel to it, with the game won in the last minute.

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7410235)
Heh, sure. I'll be at the American Legion in Millard.

I would never be able to explain that gas expense to the wife.

"Yeah honey, I'm taking the rest of our available cash and driving up to Nebraska tonight to watch the Superbowl on TV with a guy I met on the internet."

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7410244)

This game has the potential to be every bit as competitive and entertaining as SB XIII, which I consider to be the best SB ever played.

Two great defenses battling to contain two QBs that are among the best at extending plays and making big plays from that.

I really believe it's goig to come down to which QB can make the big plays late, and I would never bet against Ben Roethlisberger.

I wanna watch a superbowl with a guy who can clearly remember Superbowl XIII.

Hammock Parties 02-06-2011 11:29 AM

A ****ing franchise in London?

****ing reeruned. You gonna make 8 teams travel to London every year?

Plus, the idea that a team in London could compete with a team in America on a road trip is reeruned. Jet lag alone would kill the games. Of course I guess it would even out when the London team is at home...hmmm.....

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

I hope so. ANYTHING but a blowout, one way or the other, please.

Bugeater 02-06-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7410243)
I would make fun of Nebraska for having a town named Millard, but I recently saw a sign in Missouri for a town named Roach.

Roach. Seriously. What inbred actually thought a town named Roach would be a good idea?

Probably the same guy that chose this name for a business.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2mwe4xc.jpg

Bowser 02-06-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7410250)
A ****ing franchise in London?

****ing reeruned. You gonna make 8 teams travel to London every year?

Plus, the idea that a team in London could compete with a team in America on a road trip is reeruned. Jet lag alone would kill the games. Of course I guess it would even out when the London team is at home...hmmm.....

Yeah, it's a stupid idea. Put a team in Canada, Mexico, or Central America if you have to, but teams overseas would have a hell of a time trying to compete.

milkman 02-06-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7410249)
I wanna watch a superbowl with a guy who can clearly remember Superbowl XIII.

Better catch that flight to California right now then.

KurtCobain 02-06-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7410264)
Better catch that flight to California right now then.

Why can't you guys just live around here? ****

Hammock Parties 02-06-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7410260)
Yeah, it's a stupid idea. Put a team in Canada, Mexico, or Central America if you have to, but teams overseas would have a hell of a time trying to compete.

Would free agents even want to go to London?

Seems to me that a franchise there would be at an incredible competitive disadvantage.

DTLB58 02-06-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

I would agree, But I'm gonna say Ben dosen't get a chance as the packers get the ball first in the first SB OT ever and Rodgers throws A TD to end it 33-27 Packers.

Dylan 02-06-2011 12:39 PM

Let The Party Begin!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/03AV6-P5ol4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>