ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Petro a& Lenny "Don't blame the offense" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198946)

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320318)
The Chiefs without Huard are just a really bad team...

FYP

ROFL

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320332)
I'd rather not be lumped with you, after that whole "I'd rather have Thigpen than Carson Palmer" thing I'd like to be thought of as far away from you as possible.

I can't wait until the Palmer led Bengals win 5 or 6 games next year so I can laugh in your face...

Mr. Immobile/overrated is finished. Two more seasons before everyone figures out the guy is a fraud. No ball control, no pocket awareness, no good.

He's on name alone...

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:52 PM

And then Hootie will wonder why people think he's dumb.

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:54 PM

It's ok Mecca...of course you're going to have the support on the board on this one...Carson Palmer is a big name...

But next season, and the one after that...it'll be hilarious to hear your excuses for not seeing it coming...

Palmer is FINISHED. He'll never lead another team to the playoffs.

DJ's left nut 12-22-2008 12:55 PM

That entire exchange was absurd.

Someone would say "hey, so Thigpen made a couple of bad throws"

St. James would pipe up "so the defense gives up 38 and you're blaming the offense, you can't put this on the offense...blah blah blah".

The defense sucking does not change the performance of the offense. The offense cratered in the 2nd half, the playcalling was bizarre (sticking with the pass...like Petegz has asked them to do the last several weeks in an attempt to defend Thigpen) and Thigpen failed miserably on a number of occasions.

The offense was awful in the 2nd half. It's absolutely fair to point that out.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320351)
It's ok Mecca...of course you're going to have the support on the board on this one...Carson Palmer is a big name...

But next season, and the one after that...it'll be hilarious to hear your excuses for not seeing it coming...

I'll trade basically the entire Chiefs roster for Carson Palmer.

Hootie 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

It's also fair to point out that the offense scored 31 points without help from the defense and they still lost because the defense couldn't stop a team that is far from an offensive juggernaut.

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

You really believe that and why?

SAUTO 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

i think that palmer is washed up also. i've said that for a long time

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5320371)
You really believe that and why?

Because Hootie plays fantasy football.....

He told me Palmer had a bad shoulder last night, I like when he doesn't even know what Palmers actual injury is.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320375)
i think that palmer is washed up also. i've said that for a long time

Well now I'm satisfied that he's not, you and Hootie believing something the same makes it a pretty safe bet to be on the other side.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320365)

ROFL wow you love ANY usc player huh? palmer hasnt been the same since injuring his knee

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320383)
Well now I'm satisfied that he's not, you and Hootie believing something the same makes it a pretty safe bet to be on the other side.

we'll see

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5320384)
ROFL wow you love ANY usc player huh? palmer hasnt been the same since injuring his knee

The reeruns have united.....they love Tyler Thigpen but hate Carson Palmer, jesus christ.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320365)

ROFLROFLROFL

I'd trade maybe a 3rd round pick for an immobile, injury prone QB that can't protect the football.

The Carson Palmer/Drew Bledsoe type QB is done...

Look at all of the QB's coming into the league now...they are all CAPABLE of moving in the pocket...Culter, Romo, Rivers, Rodgers, Ryan, etc...and the QB's that have been good forever (Manning, Brady, Favre) have always had a knack for avoiding pressure and making plays by staying alive in the pocket.

Palmer can't do this stuff...we've seen him first hand fumble the game away against the Chiefs on several occasions...the guy can't feel pressure to save his life.

His only chance is playing behind a 2003 Chiefs-esque offensive line.