ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What do you do to help you stay organized, you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104520)

teedubya 11-17-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
I think a better question is what can I do to get organized. I sometimes think I am until I see what I thought was a pile of crap until I realize it is suposed to be my pile of important documents, and I need to be in a meeting 5 minutes ago.

well cadmonkey, maybe you need to implement a filing system... put trivial random shit in one pile, stuff you are dealing with that is on hold, and stuff that is important.

Plus, you need to get off of all the bulletin boards and actually do some damn work for a change.

You are probably still hungover from RedSox championship.

teedubya 11-17-2004 11:05 PM

heh... apparently not a lot of organized planeteers. :shrug:

|Zach| 11-17-2004 11:14 PM

I use a PDA day to day to keep all my information together. The experience you had with a PDA was not anything like mine...I have a Dell Axim like Rain Man and love it.

I have a few places around my apartment where I keep broader messages or goals. I put them in places my eyes seem to connect with a lot without really thinking about it. Right now there are some formulas on there for an upcoming Math test. I find myself not as much being able to memorize the formula but being able to picture if in my mind. I guess thats sort of the same thing.

Just a few little things that keep my universe in order.

big nasty kcnut 11-17-2004 11:22 PM

I make mental notes of some of the more important stuff to do in the day.

Brando 11-17-2004 11:36 PM

I find that using Excel to schedule my day and make task lists is very helpful. I also like to scan documents so that I can file them away and keep clutter down. That way you can set up seperate folders on your desktop for different things and if you need a hardcopy you can print them. Let's face it...men are visual the less clutter the easier it is for us to focus.

cheeeefs 11-17-2004 11:38 PM

I carry my laptop with me everywhere. And my girlfriend is the queen of the organized... she pretty much keeps on top of me. the extent of my filing is "shit I will never need" "Shit I may some day need" "Shit that is prolly good to keep track of"

3 drawers and I'm solid.

teedubya 11-18-2004 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando
I find that using Excel to schedule my day and make task lists is very helpful. I also like to scan documents so that I can file them away and keep clutter down. That way you can set up seperate folders on your desktop for different things and if you need a hardcopy you can print them. Let's face it...men are visual the less clutter the easier it is for us to focus.

great idea man... ill have to implement that...

ROYC75 11-18-2004 08:17 AM

Ask my wife, she keeps me in line !

Skip Towne 11-18-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut
I make mental notes of some of the more important stuff to do in the day.

Do you spell correctly in these mental notes?