ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals (New) 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275329)

mr. tegu 08-15-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9886623)
Let's start with PB telling us how he really feels about the Greinke trade. I'm not sure we're clear yet.

It was probably the worst trade in history! Seriously guys!

mr. tegu 08-15-2013 08:54 AM

Big game today. Who is going to step up and make the game thread? We need a proven winner for this one!

RockChalk 08-15-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9886614)
Elliot Johnson is batting .186 against LHP and .176 against RHP. I don't think his defense makes up for that offense to justify a roster spot.

What defense? Same with Getz?

Yost/DM talk about those two like they are plus-defenders. They aren't even average, in my opinion. Getz has no idea what he's doing around 2nd base on double-plays. And EJ showed his wizardry in the field yesterday.

Maybe Duncan or a smarter-than-me baseball mind can explain why Royals Brass seem to think those two are good ballplayers?

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9886623)
Let's start with PB telling us how he really feels about the Greinke trade. I'm not sure we're clear yet.

Or Moose. Or Hosmer. Or how KC can't support the Royals. Or Gordon. Or Butler. Or how James Shields isn't worth anything.

Prison Bitch 08-15-2013 08:57 AM

Cain and Moose are wayyyyy too young to be hurt. Cain is just a glass Joe.

RockChalk 08-15-2013 09:01 AM

Dammit. He found it

I think the problem with Cain is that he doesn't put in the effort. Brett alluded to this in an interview with 810 after he stepped down. Something along the lines of when he took the position, there were a few guys not putting in the effort he expected out of them. Mentioned Cain. But that after getting onto him about it, Cain started putting in a lot of effort.

I think he injuries are directly related to that. He may be in good shape based on genetics, but if he's not working out and training his body correctly, the type of injuries he seems to get would be a result of that. Getting an oblique strain in BP is WEAK

Deberg_1990 08-15-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9886614)
Elliot Johnson is batting .186 against LHP and .176 against RHP. I don't think his defense makes up for that offense to justify a roster spot.

He replaces Francour as Clubhouse cheerleader.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeepSouth 08-15-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9886638)
What defense? Same with Getz?

Yost/DM talk about those two like they are plus-defenders. They aren't even average, in my opinion. Getz has no idea what he's doing around 2nd base on double-plays. And EJ showed his wizardry in the field yesterday.

Maybe Duncan or a smarter-than-me baseball mind can explain why Royals Brass seem to think those two are good ballplayers?

It's my opinion that Getz is a good 2nd baseman. And, from things I've read (Judging the Royals), he's smart running the bases.

What I don't understand is his hitting;
He bats left handed but has a better average against LHP (.256) than he does against RHP (.202). I think .256 would be acceptable for a good 2nd baseman. But, that .202 against RHP sucks. Anyway, I'd keep him over EJ.

RockChalk 08-15-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9886656)
It's my opinion that Getz is a good 2nd baseman. And, from things I've read (Judging the Royals), he's smart running the bases.

Ned? Is that you?

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9886656)

What I don't understand is his hitting;
He bats left handed but has a better average against LHP (.256) than he does against RHP (.202). I think .256 would be acceptable for a good 2nd baseman. But, that .202 against RHP sucks. Anyway, I'd keep him over EJ.

Step 1: Stop reading anything Lee Judge writes about the Royals or baseball in general.

Step 3: Profit.

Getz's defense and baserunning are SEVERELY overrated by the Royals' front office.

DeepSouth 08-15-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9886660)
Ned? Is that you?

Ha !! I could be wrong about Getz's defense. But, I think he's better defensively that Gio.

DeepSouth 08-15-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886674)
Step 1: Stop reading anything Lee Judge writes about the Royals or baseball in general.

Step 3: Profit.

Getz's defense and baserunning are SEVERELY overrated by the Royals' front office.

What happened to "Step 2" ?

duncan_idaho 08-15-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 9886676)
What happened to "Step 2" ?

It's a South Park reference.

Getz is marginally better than Giavotella at 2B. He has below-average range and a rag arm. He is sure-handed, though.

His base-running is solid but nothing special for a light-hitting middle infielder. HAve to get on base to take advantage of that, and he doesn't.

DeepSouth 08-15-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9886684)
It's a South Park reference.

Getz is marginally better than Giavotella at 2B. He has below-average range and a rag arm. He is sure-handed, though.

His base-running is solid but nothing special for a light-hitting middle infielder. HAve to get on base to take advantage of that, and he doesn't.

So, when Moose and Cain return, can the Royals win with a platoon of Carrol (.300+ against LHP) and Bonifacio at 2nd?

I never watch South Park.

CaliforniaChief 08-15-2013 09:25 AM

Many thanks for the new Repository, Duncan.

It washes the stink of the rotting Marlins series off our hands, and today is a new day.

All of you naysayers and Neyers can GTFO and STFU

Let's do this.

Ervin Santana ‏@ErvinSantana_54 39m
Today is the only day. Yesterday is gone. #JohnWooden