ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Terez Paylor mocks us a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282974)

O.city 04-13-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10559385)
Attachou and Hageman make no difference on this team vs the Chargers or Broncos. None at all.

Manning will do the quick 3 step drops that killed us last year and Rivers will copy it like he did last year, which killed us too.

Our CB's got abused last year. Remember Welker owning Flowers deep last year at Arrowhead? Remember Hopkins owning Smith at Arrowhead last year? Hell do you remember Flowers getting owned vs Jacoby Ford in Oakland a few years ago because he was too slow?

Yes we need safety help, but it won't help if these teams use the 4 WR sets they did before. It's impossible for safeties to cover all 4 consistently. At some point you need the CB's to do their jobs.

Every situation you just described can be attributed to no safety help. Without knowing the coverage, it's impossible to evaluate corner play, for the most part.

It's not impossible when teams go 4 wide. At all. With proper play recognition, paired with knowledge of high used route combinations, it's not.

By the time we got to the chargers a broncos, we had already changed our defensive scheme in terms of coverage to compensate for teams killing our safeties.

The biggest problem against the broncos we had wasn't guys getting burned consistently, it was that we didn't tackle worth a shit once they caught it.

O.city 04-13-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10559395)
In any case, it's a dumb idea to take a CB with Cooks still available. And I might even extend that to Attaouchu and Ealy.

All three are far better players than any of the CBs not named Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard

I agree.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-13-2014 12:19 PM

I agree that we need to address tour D with our first pick...but this wouldn't have been my pick.

O.city 04-13-2014 12:20 PM

For that matter, I don't think a rookie cb is going to help much next year against the broncos or chargers either

RunKC 04-13-2014 12:20 PM

I would love Cooks, but I feel like Reid has some other guys in mind later on that he thinks will be productive.

Either way, I think it's WR or CB at 23.

O.city 04-13-2014 12:21 PM

It's still a month away, I don't know that they have much f an idea yet

O.city 04-13-2014 12:23 PM

I don't think you go in thinking its gotta be a certain position.

With this draft, get your 5 or 6 you love and just sit and see what happens

RunKC 04-13-2014 12:23 PM

Another guy they could take is Phillip Gaines in rd 3. He's got that speed and he's got some room to grow.
But then again, guys like that don't last long. Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone.

O.city 04-13-2014 12:25 PM

Guys like Gaines, Desir, etc will likely be around later too.

There's some real sleepers at CB in this draft, which is why unless Dennard falls, I'd wait

The Franchise 04-13-2014 12:27 PM

One of the top 3 CBs fall? Sure. If not....****ing take Cooks.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-13-2014 12:27 PM

Go pass rusher in the 1st, CB in the 3rd.

Andy has the ability of making a mid-late rnd WR into a stud.

Nightfyre 04-13-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10559451)
Go pass rusher in the 1st, CB in the 3rd.

Andy has the ability of making a mid-late rnd WR into a stud.

There are going to be amazing talents at WR in the middle rounds.

TambaBerry 04-13-2014 12:29 PM

Why do you guys love Cooks so much? I mean he is ok, but its not like he is that much better.

RunKC 04-13-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10559437)
Guys like Gaines, Desir, etc will likely be around later too.

There's some real sleepers at CB in this draft, which is why unless Dennard falls, I'd wait

This is what people have been saying about WR for months.

The Franchise 04-13-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10559459)
Why do you guys love Cooks so much? I mean he is ok, but its not like he is that much better.

Lolwut?

Much better than what exactly?