ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Assuming Flacco is Franchise Tagged... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268833)

okoye35chiefs 01-13-2013 08:49 AM

I would trade for him but not those picks listed...

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-13-2013 08:51 AM

[_]Did Flacco finally get it?
[X]Denver D overrated

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312679)
If you're going to trade your 1st rd for a QB (or isn't it 2 1st round picks for a franchised player?), it better be someone who's at least a top 7 guy, and it should only be in a position where it would get your team over the hump and into serious SB consideration.

P.Manning
E.Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Newton
Luck
RGIII
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Kaepernick
Wilson
Dalton

All IMO should be ranked higher than Flacco

Oh, CoMo...

MichaelH 01-13-2013 08:53 AM

Not just no but hell no. He had his best game ever last night. He makes bad decisions and certainly isn't worth a first round pick.

SCTrojan 01-13-2013 08:55 AM

For McCluster straight up? Absolutely.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9312717)
Rivers is a ****ing joke and chokes.

I'm not disagreeing with the choking part...at times he's had a history of doing that.....but he's a top 10 QB in this league. Kinda stupid to think otherwise.

ChiefMojo 01-13-2013 08:56 AM

No

Flacco is a decent QB with a big arm but he is very inconsistent. One drive he looks great and then the next drive he looks like Matt F**king Cassel!

I'd much rather get our own QB with the #1 pick. If we had to trade for a QB, I wish it were Kapernick and only him if we were looking for a starter.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 08:57 AM

Flacco should've won the AFCCG for his team last year. Evans dropped the ball in the endzone. The kid is clutch, and has a great arm. He's a top 5 QB in the league.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 08:57 AM

He doesn't even fit the Andy Reid passing attack he is looking for.

Get our own QB from the draft with our top pick. Geno Smith, he has the arm to throw 40+ a game that is what we will be doing.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312732)
I'm not disagreeing with the choking part...at times he's had a history of doing that.....but he's a top 10 QB in this league. Kinda stupid to think otherwise.

Rivers is not top 10 anymore. When he was surrounded with top tier talent he looked pretty good. Since then he's gotten exposed.

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312712)
No he's not. Rivers had a down season, but he has a history of playing very well at times...a few seasons ago he was a top 5-6 guy.

You mean back when he had LT, Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates and thier Oline was a good unit and the defense with Merriman and crew was good. Yeah that team was good while Rivers was still a crybaby throwing fits and shit. Now as the team started to lose and continued to lose that talent Rivers has continually declined. All while losing his composure and alienating the rest of his teammates.

milkman 01-13-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9312679)
If you're going to trade your 1st rd for a QB (or isn't it 2 1st round picks for a franchised player?), it better be someone who's at least a top 7 guy, and it should only be in a position where it would get your team over the hump and into serious SB consideration.

P.Manning-greatest choker ever. do not want
E.Manning-the polar opposite of Peyton, but 32 years old now. I want to build around a young QB that can give a decade plus.
Brady-age again the issue
Brees-see Brady and Eli
Rodgers-Not as old, but getting there, might just pull the trigger
Rivers-Oh hell no.
Newton-too immature and selfish, not a leader
Luck-this is one
RGIII-might be too fragile, short career. too much risk
Ryan-not sold
Roethlisberger-see Brady and Eli
Kaepernick-still a work in progress, too early to make that call.
Wilson-see kapernick
Dalton-seriuosly, are you high? nevermind, you're just a dumbass

All IMO should be ranked higher than Flacco

Just my thoughts.

BlackHelicopters 01-13-2013 09:34 AM

Let's try draft and develop. A novel approach.

MichaelH 01-13-2013 09:56 AM

Maybe it's been posted elsewhere but what about Alex Smith?

milkman 01-13-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 9312835)
Maybe it's been posted elsewhere but what about Alex Smith?

What about Alex Smith?

I wouldn't trade you a bowl of Top Ramen with crackers for that guy.