ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Haha or Marqise? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279330)

Dayze 12-23-2013 07:24 AM

I haven't seen enough of Lee to even have an opinion on him.

However, as the resident Bama fan, I can speak a bit on Ha Ha.

As the OP mentioned, he's been playing in a very similar base scheme for a two years. He's smart, and a good tackler. He's not a world beater by any means (at least up to this point). But intelligance and tackling make him valuable because you can confidently line him up in multiple sets and not be scared in doing so.

Overall a very very solid player that would be more than a worthy pick for any team. especially the Chiefs with their situtation with Lewis.

McBeard 01-03-2014 07:07 AM

Ha Ha is a suspect tackler. He's an ankle biter. I think we will hear a lot more about this leading up to the draft. He is a fantastic play maker but he needs to improve his tackling.

I loved Lee coming into the season but he dropped a bunch of balls. I'd be OK with taking him but I'd prefer Jordan Mathews or Odell Beckham. Those guys run perfect routes and catch everything. They are more in line with what we need.

I'd take Lee if I had to choose between the two.

KevB 01-06-2014 12:32 AM

I'm going to be banging the drum for Marqise Lee. Dude was a top 5 pick if he came out last year and didn't bust at the combine. Injuries impacted his performance this season, which benefits us picking at 23. He's the playmaker at WR we've been looking for, and he might actually fall to us.

BryanBusby 01-06-2014 12:33 AM

I think Marqise Lee starts to rise again and exits the realm of possibility for KC.

If he somehow lasts to 23, I don't see how you could pass.

McBeard 01-06-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10348926)
I think Marqise Lee starts to rise again and exits the realm of possibility for KC.

I agree, he's not going to fall to us.

KevB 01-06-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10348926)

That very well could be. Keenan Allen was also a sure fire first round pick this time last year, and look what happened to him.

There are several QB's that could creep into the top 20 this season --- if that happens, good players like Lee fall down the board.

The Franchise 01-06-2014 11:58 AM

Neither one will be there for our pick. I don't see Haha getting past St. Louis/Green Bay and I don't see Lee making it past Baltimore.

BryanBusby 01-06-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10349569)
That very well could be. Keenan Allen was also a sure fire first round pick this time last year, and look what happened to him.

There are several QB's that could creep into the top 20 this season --- if that happens, good players like Lee fall down the board.

Well Keenan Allen ran like a 4.70. Marqise Lee is not going to be doing that.

Jakemall 01-06-2014 04:03 PM

You take which ever one is there at 23 and laugh your head off with manical happiness. Ha Ha would probably have the bigger impact right now. You can probably get a solid WR or TE in the 3rd or 4th rounds...

Dion Bailey might be there in the 3rd too..but I don't know if he'll be there deep enough for the Chiefs.

Sorter 01-06-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10350795)
Well Keenan Allen ran like a 4.70. Marqise Lee is not going to be doing that.

Someone needs to just ensure Lee pulls his hamstring before the combine.

It's for a good cause.

Jakemall 01-06-2014 04:25 PM

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/200H...lv-d6wxbi2.jpg

alpha_omega 01-06-2014 04:32 PM

I'll take whichever one is there...but probably neither will be.

For the record, i love that name...Ha Ha.

As an aside...Gameday was at Tuscaloosa at some point this year and someone was holding up a sign saying.... "Monica Lewinsky loves Clinton Dix, Ha Ha!"...that still makes me laugh.

LiL stumppy 01-07-2014 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10263631)
This team needs a legit WR more than it needs a FS at this time.

Absolutely false.

tredadda 01-07-2014 02:19 AM

What position is easier to replace this year in FA? To me it is WR so I would go with Ha Ha and then upgrade WR in free agency.

Mav 01-07-2014 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350854)
Someone needs to just ensure Lee pulls his hamstring before the combine.

It's for a good cause.

Picture yourself saying this 4 months ago. Now try not to laugh. Oh and bring back Boxxy