ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs He's a young QB, guys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318968)

Cosmos 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

May just be my imagination, but it didn’t look like Makemes had much juice in his arm after the interception by Peters.

He threw a duck to Hunt and quail on the last interception.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13905154)
He turned the ball over a ton of times tonight, and the team still put up 50.

Too bad 50 isn't enough with this defense...

The defense allowed 40 points. The "all star" Rams defense gave up 4 more points and 100 more yards. The difference was 3 turnovers, 2 of which ended in touchdowns.

It's okay to blame Mahomes for the loss because after all, he's the reason they lost. We don't need scapegoats.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2018 11:32 PM

Yes, Mahomes will learn from this.

The future is bright. Will be even brighter if we can get some defense and a new DC in the offseason.

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13905180)
A game like this was bound to happen to him. I’m glad it finally did.

He’s going to get better and tonight will be a big reason why.

:clap:

Rain Man 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

The difference between Patrick Mahomes II and Goff was quite evident. Goff can complete a pass if his first read is open, and if that's not available he freezes up. Patrick Mahomes II is a playmaker regardless of what happens. Goff is Joe Flacco with a more vacant stare.

I don't worry about a tipped interception and a couple of strip sacks. I just know that I feel confident when we need to score.

EPodolak 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

Of course.

And when the novelty wears off and the swooning subsides he'll settle in (I'm hopeful) and be better able to focus on his game. 23 is ridiculously young to be performing where he is and accomplishing all he has.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

It did feel like one of his Texas Tech games. Oh well. I feel great about him.

ToxSocks 11-19-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13905180)
A game like this was bound to happen to him..

"A game like this"
LMAO

You mean a game where he just dropped 51 on a top 3 team in the league? A Game like that?

Sometimes we need to just listen to ourselves.

smithandrew051 11-19-2018 11:35 PM

All of his picks were kinda fluky.

The first one was just a lucky play by the DE. He got a hand up and caught it on a lucky bounce. Pat probably needs to either adjust his arm angle or move slightly to avoid it. Wasn’t the wrong read though.

The second one is on Reid to me. Kelce is in blocking when we’re trying to move down the field to win the game? The hell is that? Anyway Mahomes got hit, which led to the pick.

The third was just desperation time. He didn’t have much of a choice.

His picks against the Patriots were more of a cause for concern. He was either fooled or being too aggressive on the picks in that one.

ToxSocks 11-19-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 13905197)
May just be my imagination, but it didn’t look like Makemes had much juice in his arm after the interception by Peters.

He threw a duck to Hunt and quail on the last interception.

It was a shitty throw. Whether it got there or not.

It was a "**** it" throw.

Rasputin 11-19-2018 11:36 PM

I love Kelce but he can't drop those passes that hit his hands.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13905240)
It was a shitty throw. Whether it got there or not.

It was a "**** it" throw.

It looked like a TD if he threw it over everyone's heads.

He tried to throw on the run and it was way short.

Should have gathered.

Bump 11-19-2018 11:38 PM

Yes we will be more than fine lol.

Good learning experience, Mahomes turns out to be human after all. 6 TDs and 478 yards and it was his worst game, he made poor decisions at didn't protect the ball when Aaron Donald (last years defensive MVP and probably will be again this year) is coming to make plays.

Mahomes had 5 turnovers and was still positive in the TD to turnover ratio.

Growing pains, learning experience in the regular season. We all thought Mahomes was going to be good, but maybe not expecting him to be an MVP candidate like he is in his first year at the age of 23.

I wouldn't trade Mahomes for any player in the NFL right now, we are going to win Superbowls with this kid even if one of them isn't this year. We're not really a complete team, our secondary is half rejects and the other half draft busts. Zero talent there.

RunKC 11-19-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13905227)
"A game like this"
LMAO

You mean a game where he just dropped 51 on a top 3 team in the league? A Game like that?

Sometimes we need to just listen to ourselves.

We knew this would be an offensive battle, but the difference in the game was Mahomes turning the ball over 5X.

He waited in the pocket way too long in times where he knew he should have played for another down.

It’s okay. He’s young. He’ll learn.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-19-2018 11:39 PM

Rams defense sucks too I guess. 44 and a billion yards allowed at home.