ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jake Plummer returns to rip Shanahan (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210475)

Mile High Mania 07-17-2009 07:10 AM

I will say this about Plummer... he had talent and could play at a high level, he just had mental mistakes at the worst possible time in the game. I think he played well while in Denver and I do think he got a raw deal at that point in the season when he was benched at 7-4 (I believe) and they were still in the hunt. I understand why they made the move, but I think that was throwing the towel in at that moment and didn't like it.

LaChapelle 07-17-2009 07:24 AM

Did someone bump his Honda Element again?

Mile High Mania 07-17-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5907133)
Did someone bump his Honda Element again?

It's still funny to me that people ride him for this one... sure it was odd, but I guess he should have had a tricked up Hummer or Escalade.

LaChapelle 07-17-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5907139)
It's still funny to me that people ride him for this one... sure it was odd, but I guess he should have had a tricked up Hummer or Escalade.

Didn't this happen about the same time he was voted hottest athlete by a gay mag?

Mile High Mania 07-17-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5907142)
Didn't this happen about the same time he was voted hottest athlete in a gay mag?

Dunno, I don't subscribe to any... ask Claythan.

Sofa King 07-17-2009 07:37 AM

no mention of what plummer is doing with his life post-football....

i would like to know.... hopefully he's planning a comeback... QBOTF?

LaChapelle 07-17-2009 07:39 AM

He's like a hand ball wizard or some such shit.

Mile High Mania 07-17-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 5907154)
no mention of what plummer is doing with his life post-football....

i would like to know.... hopefully he's planning a comeback... QBOTF?

per Wiki:
"Since his NFL retirement, Plummer is an avid player of 4-Wall Handball. Jake attended his first professional handball tournament in 2007 when he entered the Simple Green US Open of Handball (with brother Eric) in the pro doubles division; eventually losing to future hall of fame members John Bike and Danny Bell. In 2008 Jake Plummer hosted his own pro invitational and lost in the finals of the pro consulation bracket to #37 ranked, Jeff Kastner. Jake Plummer played and lost in the semifinals versus brother Eric Plummer (eventual champion) at this year's 2008 Idaho State Singles Championships."

CoMoChief 07-17-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 5906932)
ROFL

ROFL, I just fell out of my chair.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2009 07:54 AM

No doubt the most amusing part of this is Plummer's insinuation that the Broncos would have been better off with him at QB.

As MHM said...stick Plummer in there with a lackluster running game and absolutely no defense and see how high you draft the next year...

Mr. Flopnuts 07-17-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Plummer
He got his due there, I think it was a year past due. He should have been gone a year before and I’ve already said all that stuff. But he’ll find himself somewhere coaching again and cutting some other good quarterback for another young kid. Who knows?

LMAO Someone forgot to take their bitter pills.

Mile High Mania 07-17-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5907227)
LMAO Someone forgot to take their bitter pills.

Yeah, I'm sure his ideal landing spot was Houston, but it didn't happen... if he wanted to play and thought he was "that good", he should have shown up in Tampa.

Just Passin' By 07-17-2009 08:58 AM

I don't see the big deal. He's right. Plummer shouldn't have been taken out when he was, and Shanahan should have been fired at least a year earlier.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-17-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5907235)
Yeah, I'm sure his ideal landing spot was Houston, but it didn't happen... if he wanted to play and thought he was "that good", he should have shown up in Tampa.

He was a whiny bitch about it, and somehow I don't think handball is going to have the staying power to pay the bills. He's going to regret that at some point down the line. That's when all that bullshit about not holding a grudge will go out the window. He'll blame Mike Shanahan instead of himself. And that guy has no one to blame but himself.

DaFace 07-17-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5907052)
ROFL This is a perfect example of a post when rival fans (we all do this) have revisionist views of history when it suits them.

Jake led Denver to the AFC Title game? Wow - you NEVER read that around here during the time, or shortly there after.

Jake took them there, but then Jay failed miserably... hmmm. And, the wild swing in defensive and rushing performance had nothing to do with it? Ok... carry on. :D

Yep, it happens all the time. I try and keep myself near-neutral, but then it's still hard just because your opinions toward players are swayed by whether or not you like them in general (partly because of their team). Just like cutler7624 suddenly pointing out Cutler's negative aspects and emphasizing Orton's positive aspects, Chiefs fans probably do the same. Now that Cutler's gone, we can admit he was pretty damn good, and we want to believe that Orton's going to fail.