ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Is the overall talent level of the NFL in a "down" year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277852)

Saccopoo 10-23-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10118729)
LMAO

Outstanding post. You are turning into an invaluable asset on this forum.

What do you mean "turning into...?"

I've been forum MVP for years.

DaneMcCloud 10-23-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10118741)
Kevin Keitzmann

Neg rep

tk13 10-23-2013 10:59 PM

Dane pretty much said it. I thought we saw a ton of sloppy football last year after the lockout. I don't think it's been quite as sloppy this year.

With the new practice rules though, teams aren't as sharp. You can't do a Vermeil and have marathon practices anymore until guys get it. Even the good teams have weaknesses that could cost them in the long run. I'm not sure that means there's less talent. There might not be any "great" teams right now.

RunKC 10-23-2013 11:05 PM

Idk about the whole league but the AFC is significantly weaker.

Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Texans. Yikes. All these teams are much worse than years past.

Our offense is not up to par, and I think the Colts are there, but losing guys like Dwayne Allen and Reggie Wayne only make them weaker.

The best team in the AFC IMO will be from the AFC West.

tk13 10-23-2013 11:13 PM

The AFC only had 6 teams with a winning record last year. It might be stronger this year. Hard to say... some of the traditional powers aren't as good. Everyone has a huge weakness. Lot of people will pick Denver but teams with defenses that poor usually choke in the playoffs.

The Bengals are kind of hiding in the weeds. If the playoffs started today they might be the pick. They don't look GREAT but they've got a top 10 D again, and a QB who has playoff experience and with a Flacco type streak could do some damage. At the same time... I think the Chiefs would match up well with them in a playoff game.

Psyko Tek 10-23-2013 11:31 PM

best records right now
two west teams play in New Jersey in the superbowl
won't that piss off the media

bevischief 10-24-2013 06:22 AM

Fisher at number 1.

beach tribe 10-24-2013 06:34 AM

All the best teams are not on the East coast, or big market teams.

If you switched KC, and Seattle with Dallas and Pittsburg there would be major powerhouses atop the NFL.

WhiteWhale 10-24-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10118717)
The reality is that the CBA signed in 2011 changed everything.

There is far less offseason contact. There are no more Two-a-Days, which were vital to conditioning, scheme and camaraderie. There is limited contact during the season.

The result is that talented veteran teams have the edge due to continuity. Teams with higher turnover suffer more. Bad teams are not likely to turn around quickly.

It will probably be another five years before the playing field is leveled but parity has really never existed in the NFL, despite their intentions.

Have you noticed a decline in offensive line play across the NFL since the new CBA?

I sure have...

Marcellus 10-24-2013 06:35 AM

Down year? Interesting because Cowherd was just talking yesterday that TV ratings are through the roof this season.

Seems if it were a down year people would be less interested.

Chiefs=Champions 10-24-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10118716)
It means that Tom Brady isn't 7-0 and Manning just lost and they don't know the name of a single player on the Chiefs roster other than the coach, which means that the NFL now sucks.

Last year, the talent was crazy sick. There was a true East and West coast team battling it out in the Super Bowl and the Harbaugh brothers were the toast of the media.

Now, the ****ing slap dick Chiefs are kicking ass and the national media has been too ****ing lazy to look beyond 45 miles inward from either coast to notice that anybody else actually plays football professionally.

I guarantee you that if the 49er's or Pats were 7-0 right now, these shitstains would be talking about "dynasty" and shit like that. The Chiefs have been so bad that the only reason that they could be 7-0 is that the entire NFL decided to take a nose dive right into a shitter in the 2013 season.

THIS

Sfeihc 10-24-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10118717)
Teams with higher turnover suffer more. Bad teams are not likely to turn around quickly.

Really? :doh!:

BigMeatballDave 10-24-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10118736)
I wouldn't say the talent is down, but there's a changing of the guard. A few teams are on the decline while others are struggling to come up.

I have no idea what happened to Houston and Atlanta.

Turnovers happen to Houston. Their D is still very good.

Outside of a handful of players on the Falcons, where is the talent? Especially on D.

Lightrise 10-24-2013 07:03 AM

I see any one of the top 10 teams as able to get to the Super Bowl and win it all. But after that top 10 it's another level. The fascinating thing about this league is that it is just hard to even win a game, regardless of who you are. There are no sure things in this league.

ChiliConCarnage 10-24-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10118999)
All the best teams are not on the East coast, or big market teams.

Pretty much this combined with a few traditional powers are down. The only team they typically focus on that is doing well is the Patriots and they had been doing it with a bunch of nobodies for Brady to throw to. Thus, the talent is down.