ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: Chiefs roster would-you-rather. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301789)

SAUTO 08-28-2016 10:22 AM

how about ehringer gaining 35-40% in functional strength before December of this year?

RealSNR 08-28-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391087)
Mike Williams.

That too

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12391074)
Tell me all about Kevin Hogan fitting in instantly and beating out Murray and Bray in preseason.

Hey we all have our 'homer favorites' and make our 'predictive statements' that more often than not do not come true. I also missed on M Williams making the team as well that you forgot to mention.:shrug:

Hogan "instantly" yes I missed on that BUT in the "long run" remains to be seen because Hogan is talented:thumb:.

Who have you missed on and have the maturity enough to admit it when called out ?;)

RealSNR 08-28-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391094)
Hey we all have our 'homer favorites' and make our 'predictive statements' that more often than not do not come true. I also missed on M Williams making the team as well that you forgot to mention.:shrug:

Hogan "instantly" yes I missed on that BUT in the "long run" remains to be seen because Hogan is talented:thumb:.

Who have you missed on and have the maturity enough to admit it when called out ?;)

This isn't about liking or not liking a player. It's about understanding the tremendous shift that ALL college QBs must overcome from college to pros, and how a very similar playbook at Stanford to what Reid runs in KC does not trump 2+ seasons of experience as a backup in the system.

I never once said that Hogan couldn't eventually beat out Murray/Bray. But in his rookie training camp? No ****ing way.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12391092)
how about ehringer gaining 35-40% in functional strength before December of this year?

You still don't get it. You take any person who has barely touched weights and that is the "key" 'barely touched weights' and put that person on a disciplined program and they will in the very least increase there strength by 35-40% within the first 3-5months. You assume Parker is already a "maxed out weight monster" in the weight room. He is NOT based on not only his play in pre-seaso(Rams D-line) but even more telling what he did and did not do at the combine which was even more telling.

I assure you any average person who has 'never seriously lifted weights' will make their biggest gains within the first 3-5 months because their ceiling is very high at that point. If you can only do 1 rep of bench press at 225lbs, within 3-5 months with committed discipline whether you are playing football or not I will have you doing at the very least 315 for 1 rep. I'm a weight lifting enthusiast and have taught it formerly and still teach it on the side.

With that being said and to your point of 'losing strength or leveling off' during the season because of the rigor of the season this is only true of players who have maxed out or hit their ceiling in the weight room. Parker has NOT.

Parker knew he was weak in the bench press and why he didn't perform it at the combine "thinking" he was protecting his draft stock but every team 'knew' what was going on:rolleyes:.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12391104)
This isn't about liking or not liking a player. It's about understanding the tremendous shift that ALL college QBs must overcome from college to pros, and how a very similar playbook at Stanford to what Reid runs in KC does not trump 2+ seasons of experience as a backup in the system.

Totally get that BUT Murray really showed very little if anything his first 2yrs and why I said what I said about Hogan. But to your point, the "QB incubating" of Murray has been successful based on his pre-season play this year and I am pleased with that don't get me wrong here.;)

Direckshun 08-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391060)
RNR, because King can't play the nose.

What? You take the best player, milkman.

Poe, Howard, and Jones all play nose. We don't need the winner of RNR vs. king to play nose.

King has flashed in every game. You pick the best player.

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391164)

Poe, Howard, and Jones all play nose. We don't need the winner of RNR vs. king to play nose.

Jones isn't a NT

The Franchise 08-28-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12391164)

Dorsey's mantra is versatility.

milkman 08-28-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391124)
You still don't get it. You take any person who has barely touched weights and that is the "key" 'barely touched weights' and put that person on a disciplined program and they will in the very least increase there strength by 35-40% within the first 3-5months. You assume Parker is already a "maxed out weight monster" in the weight room. He is NOT based on not only his play in pre-seaso(Rams D-line) but even more telling what he did and did not do at the combine which was even more telling.

I assure you any average person who has 'never seriously lifted weights' will make their biggest gains within the first 3-5 months because their ceiling is very high at that point. If you can only do 1 rep of bench press at 225lbs, within 3-5 months with committed discipline whether you are playing football or not I will have you doing at the very least 315 for 1 rep. I'm a weight lifting enthusiast and have taught it formerly and still teach it on the side.

With that being said and to your point of 'losing strength or leveling off' during the season because of the rigor of the season this is only true of players who have maxed out or hit their ceiling in the weight room. Parker has NOT.

Parker knew he was weak in the bench press and why he didn't perform it at the combine "thinking" he was protecting his draft stock but every team 'knew' what was going on:rolleyes:.

Not sure who I feel more sorry for.

The dipshits that come to you for counseling, or the dipshits who use you as a weight trainer.

jjchieffan 08-28-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391124)

I hope you're right. I don't know enough about bulking up to argue either way, but if he can bulk up quickly, that's going to be great.

Chiefshrink 08-28-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12391180)
Not sure who I feel more sorry for.

The dipshits that come to you for counseling, or the dipshits who use you as a weight trainer.

Hey, do you work out with weights ?

Direckshun 08-28-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12391166)
Jones isn't a NT

Neither is RNR.

But he can play NT. Coaches have plugged him in there a few times this training camp.

milkman 08-28-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12391188)
Hey, do you work out with weights ?

Not anymore.

But that isn't the point.

The physical demands of playing the game, especially in the trenches, simply take too much of a physical toll for weight training to be effective.

That's why every single player that needs to put on muscle mass when they come into the league is expected to do so after their rookie season.

Direckshun 08-28-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12391176)
Dorsey's mantra is versatility.

My mantra is BPA.

Edit: Also that Pesty sucks the penis.