ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Foo Fighters to get HBO Series/Documentary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283717)

Demonpenz 05-17-2014 03:42 PM

Saw foo fighters in KEMPER back a couple years ago. Dave Stop the show asked the spot light to shine on this guy in the very back...and goes..."Dude...you just had to have two beers didn't you?" The guy raised two beers up.

eDave 05-17-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10635139)
Saw foo fighters in KEMPER back a couple years ago. Dave Stop the show asked the spot light to shine on this guy in the very back...and goes..."Dude...you just had to have two beers didn't you?" The guy raised two beers up.

That's ****ing awesome. I've seen the dude in public. Normal Joe.

rocknrolla 05-18-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10633863)
Live at Wembley?

By far one of the best live concerts!

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 07:06 AM

Overrated commercial radio garbage. I guess the masses will always listen to what the man puts in your ears. Many should step outside the box of commercial radio.... Few have the will to unfortunately.
"We don't know why we even try to say the things we say cuz in reality nobody hears it anyway, the music starts and they just talk no matter what the words, scream and cheer and spill your beer just like the f***ing herd."..... And then my sig...

htismaqe 05-18-2014 07:44 AM

Wait.

Are you suggesting Foo Fighters is overrated commercial radio garbage?

The guy that ****ing drinks beer with Lemmy at the Rainbow and drums in Tenacious D is "commercial radio garbage"?

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 08:08 AM

If it sounds like it, and looks like it.... So yep that's what I'm calling Foo fighters. Just cuz you hang out with Lemmy or whatever doesn't change them. To me they're the same as most other bands they play on the radio. Sing, scream, sing repeat. Just my opinion but I couldn't care less about them. Not that my opinion matters! Seems most here are all about mainstream music!

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 08:16 AM

I'm not saying Dave Grohl isn't a good guy. Just that the music he makes is commercial radio rock. Foo Fighters, nickel back, breaking Benjamin, three days grace. Pop evil. Etc, etc. plenty of good non mainstream stuff out there but you gotta look for it.
Tsunami Rising, Pasadena, Doco, Katastro. SOOO many more!

htismaqe 05-18-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636222)
Foo Fighters, nickel back, breaking Benjamin, three days grace.

Um, no.

Not only no but **** no.

Foo Fighters is nothing like those other 3 bands. At all.

Wow.

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 08:53 AM

Oh ok if you say so all knowing music man! Keep the blinders on.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636272)
Oh ok if you say so all knowing music man! Keep the blinders on.

ROFL

Get your self-righteous music critic bullshit outta here. Just because you listen to a bunch of bands nobody has ever heard of doesn't mean your shit don't stink.

I've got 1200 albums spanning almost 50 years. I don't ever listen to the radio. I have shit in my collection that even your hipster friends have never heard of. If that's blind, somebody get me a seeing eye dog.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:06 AM

By the way, I'm just ****ing with you.

I do think it's pretty silly to lump Foo Fighters in with those other 3 bands. Just because they play a band on the radio doesn't mean it's mass-produced crap.

Some bands write music for the radio but there are also bands that get played on the radio whether they want to be or not.

Do you think Pink Floyd ever intended to be one of the most played (on the radio) bands of all time?

PunkinDrublic 05-18-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636222)
I'm not saying Dave Grohl isn't a good guy. Just that the music he makes is commercial radio rock. Foo Fighters, nickel back, breaking Benjamin, three days grace. Pop evil. Etc, etc. plenty of good non mainstream stuff out there but you gotta look for it.
Tsunami Rising, Pasadena, Doco, Katastro. SOOO many more!

I tend to agree with you some what. I haven't dug any of the F.F music since the 90s. Their songs have gotten way to ballady for me over the years. I know it's sacriligious to speak ill of saint Grohl but he puts out his share of garbage like everybody else.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 10636306)
I tend to agree with you some what. I haven't dug any of the F.F music since the 90s. Their songs have gotten way to ballady for me over the years. I know it's sacriligious to speak ill of saint Grohl but he puts out his share of garbage like everybody else.

The thing is, the guy is involved in dozens of musical projects. He doesn't need money so there's really no incentive for him to pander to airplay interests.

Don't you think it's possible that FF just happens to be the outlet where he gets to express those things? He certainly has plenty of other musical outlets so he doesn't have to (or want to) put all of his creative juice into just Foo Fighters.

You know, if people didn't have emotional relationships with ballads, they wouldn't sell the way they do. Maybe Grohl is actually just a normal human being like the rest of us.

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10636301)
By the way, I'm just ****ing with you.

I do think it's pretty silly to lump Foo Fighters in with those other 3 bands. Just because they play a band on the radio doesn't mean it's mass-produced crap.

Some bands write music for the radio but there are also bands that get played on the radio whether they want to be or not.

Do you think Pink Floyd ever intended to be one of the most played (on the radio) bands of all time?

Lmao, I promise you I'm not a "hipster". There are always exceptions to any rule. Pink Floyd, while not a band that I listen to (although I've prob heard every song more times than I'd like to) brought a dif sound to their music. Most radio friendly bands follow the same recipe to get on the radio. I listen to mostly reggae influenced music. Just my taste. And btw, do you have a phonograph player to listen to those albums on grandpa??

Just kidding :)
Everyone have a great day. Today I marry off my oldest daughter and it's a beautiful day in Tampa Bay! One love

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636320)
Most radio friendly bands follow the same recipe to get on the radio.

Correct. But not all radio friendly bands are that way on purpose (see my previous post). Even though FF SOUNDS radio friendly, they're not writing music to get played on the radio. I can guarantee you that.

Quote:

And btw, do you have a phonograph player to listen to those albums on grandpa??

Why yes, yes I do. And it even has a USB port so that I can rip my albums to MP3. ;)

Quote:

Today I marry off my oldest daughter and it's a beautiful day in Tampa Bay! One love

First, congrats!

Second, **** off. I wish I lived in ****ing Tampa. :)